Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 133

Thread: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, there is a fire hazard because we are having unproven tech pushed on us before it is ready to be released, all because it is ideologically driven.


    j-mac
    You do realize how many recalls that other car companies do each year right? That pales in comparison to this. In fact I would find it more alarming that so called "proven" technology gets recalled more than this model of car. Gimme a break.

  2. #32
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You do realize how many recalls that other car companies do each year right? That pales in comparison to this. In fact I would find it more alarming that so called "proven" technology gets recalled more than this model of car. Gimme a break.

    Fires with these hybrids are not an isolated incident....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Fires with these hybrids are not an isolated incident....

    j-mac
    And they aren't in any numbers like the recalls with gas tanks that we have seen in other "proven" technology car manufacturers. Again, you are trying to make something bigger, when in fact, it is smaller than what other car manufacturers have problems with.

  4. #34
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And they aren't in any numbers like the recalls with gas tanks that we have seen in other "proven" technology car manufacturers. Again, you are trying to make something bigger, when in fact, it is smaller than what other car manufacturers have problems with.

    Percentage wise I think you need to back that up....Please show where more spontaneous battery fires break out on combustion engine vehicles as opposed to these hybrids....I think you are full of it, and talking out of your arse.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Percentage wise I think you need to back that up....Please show where more spontaneous battery fires break out on combustion engine vehicles as opposed to these hybrids....I think you are full of it, and talking out of your arse.


    j-mac
    I never claimed that fires in batteries broke out in combustion engines. I said that other car manufacturers have had recalls in serious things like gas tanks, accelerator pedals, ect. in far greater numbers than recalls in hybrids.

    Maybe you should try reading instead of foaming at the mouth.

  6. #36
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I never claimed that fires in batteries broke out in combustion engines. I said that other car manufacturers have had recalls in serious things like gas tanks, accelerator pedals, ect. in far greater numbers than recalls in hybrids.

    Maybe you should try reading instead of foaming at the mouth.

    Well, let's keep it apples to apples....So your direction is to disingenuously the entirety of recalls of conventional autos, to that of a specific problem with hybrids, involving their battery tech....Why is it that you can't argue your point on a level playing field?

    Food for thought for you Era....Fisker isn't the only, nor the first to have these problems in the battery area concerning hybrid battery tech....

    Chevy Volt Battery Fires Threaten All Electric Vehicle Makers, Not Just GM - Forbes


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, let's keep it apples to apples....So your direction is to disingenuously the entirety of recalls of conventional autos, to that of a specific problem with hybrids, involving their battery tech....Why is it that you can't argue your point on a level playing field?
    No, I think I will keep my comparisons just as they are because they are valid. The simple fact you try to dodge is that other car manufacturers have in greater numbers had more recalls due to serious factors than hybrids. This is FACT.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Food for thought for you Era....Fisker isn't the only, nor the first to have these problems in the battery area concerning hybrid battery tech....

    Chevy Volt Battery Fires Threaten All Electric Vehicle Makers, Not Just GM - Forbes


    j-mac
    Food for thought, how many designs, recalls, problems have the conventional automobile gone through in it's lifetime to date? New techonology will inherantly bring new problems. It doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.

    If everyone thought as you, we'd still be using the horse and buggy because the "new" techonology of the automobile had serious problems in the beginning.

  8. #38
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, I think I will keep my comparisons just as they are because they are valid.
    Of course you will, because you can not prove your disingenuous pap unless you use false analogies. Sorry to say that a recall involving say replacement of a hood latch on say a 2007 Ford F150, is not the same as a hybrid bursting into flame in your garage, and burning your damned house down....In fact it is dishonest to further this path of argument.

    The simple fact you try to dodge is that other car manufacturers have in greater numbers had more recalls due to serious factors than hybrids. This is FACT.
    I am not dodging anything. I am saying that your current path of debate at the moment is false, and disingenuous. Tell you what, why don't we debate the similarities between Basketballs, and Helicopters...Sounds about the same to me.

    Food for thought, how many designs, recalls, problems have the conventional automobile gone through in it's lifetime to date?
    Doesn't matter unless you can show as a percentage of new vehicles sold in the US had as a percentage more recall due to fire hazard break out, than did hybrids in 2011. Otherwise, your comparison is flawed, and false. Purposely so I contend.

    New techonology will inherantly bring new problems. It doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.
    You are right about this part. I agree that there will be problems with new tech as it is developed forward, and the bugs must be worked out. But I think that the problem that many have with this is that we are having this tech pushed before the bugs are worked out. Not to mention that at the same time the resource for conventional vehicles is being artificially made more expensive to also push this. Also, not to mention that in addition to the crony corrupt manner in which green energy is being pursued, along with subsidizing the purchase of these cars with my tax dollars is disgusting. The market is shouting that they don't want this, yet libs put arguments in favor that are deeply flawed.

    If everyone thought as you, we'd still be using the horse and buggy because the "new" techonology of the automobile had serious problems in the beginning.
    Not at all. If these are good ideas, then they will prevail on their own. Nothing succeeds when it is forced on people.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #39
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Hey, a friend of mine had a BMW 5-series that burst into flames and literally burned her house down last year. Pretty sure it wasn't a hybrid.

    My wife has been driving a Highlander Hybrid for going on six years and hasn't had a single drivetrain issue.

  10. #40
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fisker Recalling 239 Karma Plug-In Hybrids for Fire Hazard

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Hey, a friend of mine had a BMW 5-series that burst into flames and literally burned her house down last year. Pretty sure it wasn't a hybrid.

    My wife has been driving a Highlander Hybrid for going on six years and hasn't had a single drivetrain issue.
    I am sure that your anecdotal evidence, and observation has just solved the entire argument. Good job.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •