Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 459

Thread: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

  1. #71
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    1. You demand explicit wording from your opponent in order to validate your agrument, and claim that they fail by not providing it.

    2. Your opponent demands explicit wording from you in order to validate your argument, and you claim they are changing the subject.

    Again, I would suggest a 2nd opinion.
    Why would I need one? I'm right.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Why would I need one? I'm right.
    I know this is starting to sound like a broken record, but I'd suggest a 2nd opinion

  3. #73
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Have fun with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Having fun yet?
    no-fun.jpg

    wait,... wait...

    405342_332067090145214_278550055496918_1341282_1217446775_n.jpg

    ok, now im having fun.



  4. #74
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I know this is starting to sound like a broken record, but I'd suggest a 2nd opinion
    Oh heck, just to humor you I'll consult a couple of retired generals,

    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-of-citizens/

    some Congresscritters that opposed the NDAA,

    Lawmakers Submit Letter Opposing NDAA's Indefinite Detention Provisions

    and some civil liberties experts.

    President Obama Signs Indefinite Detention Bill Into Law | American Civil Liberties Union

    I think that all qualifies as more than a second opinion and supports my argument quite nicely.

    So. What was that about sauce for the goose, or did that apply to only me? Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 01-01-12 at 07:11 PM.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Oh heck, just to humor you I'll consult a couple of retired generals, http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-of-citizens/

    some Congresscritters that opposed the NDAA, Lawmakers Submit Letter Opposing NDAA's Indefinite Detention Provisions

    and some civil liberties experts. President Obama Signs Indefinite Detention Bill Into Law | American Civil Liberties Union
    Translation: since I'm unable to argue my point, I'll let others do it for me.

    When your 'ringers' sign up for a Debate Politics account and can be debated directly, do let me know.

  6. #76
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Translation: since I'm unable to argue my point, I'll let others do it for me.

    When your 'ringers' sign up for a Debate Politics account and can be debated directly, do let me know.
    Are you serious? You asked me to get a second opinion. I got more than that, and now you're accusing me of letting others do my arguing for me?

    This isn't moving the goal-posts, it's resetting the score-board, kicking a field-goal and declaring victory.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Are you serious? You asked me to get a second opinion. I got more than that, and now you're accusing me of letting others do my arguing for me[...]
    I advised you to get a 2nd opinion on your errors in logic and terminology.

    I am distinctly un-interested in your opinion on the NDAA, nor the opinion of anyone else. I'm interested in your logical argument that will prove your point. However, I've seen it, found it lacking, noted that well, assume others have reached their own conclusion about it, and am ready to move on... unless you can come up with something that is not a repetition of what was posted back on page 2 (which is about all I've seen since then).

  8. #78
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I advised you to get a 2nd opinion on your errors in logic and terminology.

    I am distinctly un-interested in your opinion on the NDAA, nor the opinion of anyone else. I'm interested in your logical argument that will prove your point. However, I've seen it, found it lacking, noted that well, assume others have reached their own conclusion about it, and am ready to move on... unless you can come up with something that is not a repetition of what was posted back on page 2 (which is about all I've seen since then).
    You've redefined the terms until you felt like you won, and then you stated pretty clearly that you don't actually care about the issue at hand. You ever consider a career in public relations?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #79
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    If, in your opinion Obama is the best we can do, then we are truly lost. I no longer live in America, nor do my closest relatives. Still, if opinions like yours turn out to hold sway then I have done myself and my son a favor. I just hope that the dumbing down of Obama's America does not spread to few areas of the western world not yet affected.
    The dumbing down is bad, but the really troubling trend is the rising inherent distrust of an intellectual "elite." of course educated people have no such fear, and those who do specifically pursue personal courses that disenfranchise themselves from higher power structures (e.g. political and financial). And that's your growing voter base. It's why G.W. Bush, who had access to the best institutions and education money could buy, reinvented himself as an ignorant cowboy.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—

    (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

    (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident
    ..
    e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.
    ..




    bare in mind if this law somehow changed existing law, to now allow for the indefinite detention without trial/charge, of any legal residents of the USA, I too would be yelling bloody murder and probably call for a popular uprising.

    but the fact is, this law changes nothing. No citizens of the USA nor legal residents of the USA, shall be detained indefinitely without charge/trial, due to this law or due to any current law.
    Unless they call you a terrorist - which they can basically do now for any reason - then your rights as a citizen go out the window.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •