Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 459

Thread: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

  1. #181
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Well, no, it takes Congress to do that. Which points out how ridiculous our expectations of a president are, on both sides. They can't do everything. They can't snap their fingers and fix the economy or balance the budget.
    A liberal president would have made the case for reducing military spending by at least half, and pushed it with Congress.

    The centrist Obama has made no such case.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #182
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What we need is a liberal.
    No, at this point what we need is a candidate who is not a product of the machine -- not a party Democrat, not a party Republican. It wouldn't even matter what their personal politics are, just so long as they're not a member of The Sell-Out Club.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #183
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    No, at this point what we need is a candidate who is not a product of the machine -- not a party Democrat, not a party Republican. It wouldn't even matter what their personal politics are, just so long as they're not a member of The Sell-Out Club.
    I didn't say we needed a Democrat or a Republican. I said we needed a liberal. History shows us however that the majority of Americans prefer moderate candidates, which is why the 2008 race was between the moderate candidates of both parties. I'm willing to bet it will be the same in the November election, the moderate GOP candidate, Romney, against the moderate Democrat candidate, Obama.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #184
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You're full of lame excuses to justify your completely indefensible opinions tonight.

    Yeah, I'm kind of bored with it....Just seems like the same ol' same ol'.... Guess my heart isn't in it tonight....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #185
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I didn't say we needed a Democrat or a Republican. I said we needed a liberal. History shows us however that the majority of Americans prefer moderate candidates, which is why the 2008 race was between the moderate candidates of both parties. I'm willing to bet it will be the same in the November election, the moderate GOP candidate, Romney, against the moderate Democrat candidate, Obama.
    In all fairness I would not call Obama a moderate in the 2008 race. He was one of the most liberal senators and mainly won the election (in my opinion) due to the dislike and distrust that Americans had for the Republicans (largely due to Bush's presidency).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #186
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I didn't say we needed a Democrat or a Republican. I said we needed a liberal. History shows us however that the majority of Americans prefer moderate candidates, which is why the 2008 race was between the moderate candidates of both parties. I'm willing to bet it will be the same in the November election, the moderate GOP candidate, Romney, against the moderate Democrat candidate, Obama.
    I know you didn't say we needed a Democrat or a Republican. I'm saying we need -anything- so long as it's not a product of either of those parties -- liberal or conservative, I don't even care anymore.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #187
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    In all fairness I would not call Obama a moderate in the 2008 race. He was one of the most liberal senators and mainly won the election (in my opinion) due to the dislike and distrust that Americans had for the Republicans (largely due to Bush's presidency).
    Regardless of what you think Digsbe, Obama has led as a moderate. He's even too hawkish for conservative Ron Paul, much less a real liberal like Kucinch.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #188
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I know you didn't say we needed a Democrat or a Republican. I'm saying we need -anything- so long as it's not a product of either of those parties -- liberal or conservative, I don't even care anymore.
    So which third party are you working for to help build their grassroots support?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #189
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Regardless of what you think Digsbe, Obama has led as a moderate. He's even too hawkish for conservative Ron Paul, much less a real liberal like Kucinch.
    I think he has been forced to govern more moderately because he has a Republican majorty House to deal with. However, in 2008 when he ran for president I would not say (based on Obama's voting record as a senator) that he was a moderate. It will be interesting to see how Obama campaigns during the 2012 election and if his rhetoric will become more centrist in nature.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #190
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So which third party are you working for to help build their grassroots support?
    I don't. I'm working to render political parties irrelevant.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •