Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 215

Thread: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

  1. #21
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    They are human and I'm pretty sure most pro-choice people agree - so your hyperbole doesn't really work.
    How come they're "human" but not entitled to protection? (I'm talking about a viable fetus.) Actually, your post is what prompted this thought...that even late-term abortions are perfectly fine. Or did I misread?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    How come they're "human" but not entitled to protection? (I'm talking about a viable fetus.) Actually, your post is what prompted this thought...that even late-term abortions are perfectly fine. Or did I misread?
    Yes, late term abortions are fine, but nowhere did I say that they aren't human. You just completely made that up.

    A fetus is human. A woman is human. I believe the rights of the full grown woman are more important than the rights of barely functioning human.

  3. #23
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yes, late term abortions are fine, but nowhere did I say that they aren't human. You just completely made that up.

    A fetus is human. A woman is human. I believe the rights of the full grown woman are more important than the rights of barely functioning human.
    Sad. I'm glad you draw the line of "barely functioning" as in utereo, though. At least I assume you do...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yes, late term abortions are fine, but nowhere did I say that they aren't human. You just completely made that up.

    A fetus is human. A woman is human. I believe the rights of the full grown woman are more important than the rights of barely functioning human.
    Just to provide perspective, take a look at this YouTube page and see what a living 36-week old baby looks like:

    36 week old baby - YouTube

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Sad. I'm glad you draw the line of "barely functioning" as in utereo, though. At least I assume you do...
    What's sad? That I disagree with you? If so, I'm unmoved.

    And I don't know what you mean by "draw the line". I've already said that abortions should be performed whenever.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Just to provide perspective, take a look at this YouTube page and see what a living 36-week old baby looks like:

    36 week old baby - YouTube
    Is this supposed to be an emotional appeal? If so, it doesn't have any effect on my argument as it comes from a place of reason.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    They should be charged with murder. This is horrifically disgusting. It takes a special type of degenerate monster to preform an abortion on a viable child in the uterus.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    They should be charged with murder. This is horrifically disgusting. It takes a special type of degenerate monster to preform an abortion on a viable child in the uterus.
    It actually just takes someone who disagrees with you and isn't actually a monster, but a doctor.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It actually just takes someone who disagrees with you and isn't actually a monster, but a doctor.
    Well, count me as someone who wouldn't call Nicola Riley a competent one. Took her three times to pass her boards, and then she did with only a D. Oh, and she's served time in military prison too.

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Is this supposed to be an emotional appeal? If so, it doesn't have any effect on my argument as it comes from a place of reason.
    It's not "reason" if it cannot distinguish between facts and an emotional appeal. I provided you with a link to 36-week old babies, and they are facts, however uncomfortably they may fit with your "reason." Late-term abortion is infanticide.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •