Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 215

Thread: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

  1. #191
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Abortion is legal. So, I won.
    Legal is a long way from being a 'right'... Laws are repealed all the time.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Legal is a long way from being a 'right'... Laws are repealed all the time.

    j-mac
    That wasn't my point. He said that laws aren't based on opinion. He's wrong. They are.

  3. #193
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    That wasn't my point. He said that laws aren't based on opinion. He's wrong. They are.
    Sure. But your statement that Abortion is legal, is still a long way from being a right. In fact I would say that this issue exposes the fundamental way in which liberals believe that the constitution can be end ran around when the prescribed process is too hard, or unlikey to produce the outcome they want.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #194
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Abortion is legal. So, I won.
    Obviously not in this case.

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sure. But your statement that Abortion is legal, is still a long way from being a right. In fact I would say that this issue exposes the fundamental way in which liberals believe that the constitution can be end ran around when the prescribed process is too hard, or unlikey to produce the outcome they want.


    j-mac
    "Right" is subjective. And I have no idea why you're bringing up the Constitution since it says nothing about abortion.

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Obviously not in this case.
    Sure, but in the post you quoted, I was talking about abortion in general. And like I said, it's legal.

  7. #197
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Sure, but in the post you quoted, I was talking about abortion in general. And like I said, it's legal.
    Not only not in this case but in the eyes of the majority of people in this country and the majority of the states.

  8. #198
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    "Right" is subjective.
    No, they are quite clear. And not decided by men.

    And I have no idea why you're bringing up the Constitution since it says nothing about abortion.
    Bravo, you just made the case against Abortion.....Congratulations.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Not only not in this case but in the eyes of the majority of people in this country and the majority of the states.
    Abortion is legal in every state. Are you talking about late term abortion?

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, they are quite clear. And not decided by men.
    Oh, I actually misread you. I thought you were saying abortion isn't right (as in morality), I missed the "a" before right. In any case, rights are determined by men too.

    Bravo, you just made the case against Abortion.....Congratulations.

    j-mac
    Uh...no, but okay.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •