Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 215

Thread: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

  1. #11
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    While I think they should be charged for malpractice because of the harm they caused to the woman, I don't support and will likely never support it being illegal to perform late-term abortions, so the rest of the case and the law, as far as I'm concerned, is dumb as hell.
    There are many laws that I disagree with but very few that I would call 'dumb as hell'. Why is it dumb as hell to ban late term abortions?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    There are many laws that I disagree with but very few that I would call 'dumb as hell'. Why is it dumb as hell to ban late term abortions?
    Because I think it's dumb to ban abortion in general not only because people are just going to end up getting them done by people who don't know what the hell they are doing (as we see in this story) and because the "rights" of a fetus should not be elevated above the rights of an adult.

  3. #13
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Because I think it's dumb to ban abortion in general not only because people are just going to end up getting them done by people who don't know what the hell they are doing (as we see in this story)
    Most, if not all laws get broken. That doesn't make them all dumb as hell.


    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    and because the "rights" of a fetus should not be elevated above the rights of an adult.
    Are they, or is the right to live being elevated above the right to late term abortion?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Most, if not all laws get broken. That doesn't make them all dumb as hell.
    Which is why I treat every law as a specific case and in the case of abortion it's dumb as hell.

    Are they, or is the right to live being elevated above the right to late term abortion?
    That's just another way of saying the rights of a fetus are being elevated above the rights of an adult. You've just specified the rights. I'll specify them another way - the right of a potential person to exist over the right of an actual person to control their body. No matter how you phrase it - still dumb.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,574

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Had these abortions been performed earlier, then there would have been no arrests.

    Malpractice suits, maybe, due to the ruptured uterus, but no arrests.

    and if life begins at conception, what difference does it make whether the abortion was done at week 21, day 21, or hour 21?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,917

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    July 21, 2010: "Steven Chase Brigham, a physician whose medical license has been revoked, relinquished, or temporarily suspended in five states, is now facing regulatory and tax troubles that could jeopardize his chain of 15 abortion clinics.
    The Pennsylvania Department of Health this month ordered Brigham to permanently shut his four clinics in the state for repeatedly employing unlicensed caregivers." More trouble for abortion doctor, this time in Pennsylvania - Philly.com

    August 31, 2010: Nicola I. Riley Order for Summary Suspension of License to Practice Medicine [in Maryland]

    http://www.mbp.state.md.us/BPQAPP/or...121308.310.pdf

  7. #17
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    I'm rather surprised we don't use aborted fetuses as a food source. They're not human, after all. Even at week 36...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #18
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm rather surprised we don't use aborted fetuses as a food source. They're not human, after all. Even at week 36...
    Well, to be fair, there's a lot of non-human things we don't use as a food source...like grass.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm rather surprised we don't use aborted fetuses as a food source. They're not human, after all. Even at week 36...
    They are human and I'm pretty sure most pro-choice people agree - so your hyperbole doesn't really work.

  10. #20
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: 2 abortion providers charged with murder in Md.

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Well, to be fair, there's a lot of non-human things we don't use as a food source...like grass.
    Goat food? Interesting, though. I wonder what living things/creatures aren't used as a food source by something...I'd venture to say not many.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •