Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 106

Thread: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

  1. #21
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    I lived in a muslim country and went to a highschool full of them. I don't recall anyone trying to kill me.


    ...basic tenant
    ROFLMAO!

    You should have drawn a cartoon making fun of their little pedophile more-ham-id.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    True, Christians as a whole are less violate than Muslims, but clearly since violence against your fellow man and non-believers are part of both holy books that must not be the issue. There must be other factors in play for why Islam sees these kinds of radicals in a greater degree than Christianity, I believe the reason why has more to do with other aspects of culture, society, and government than their actual religion.
    Christianity has the New Testament and Reformation, Islam does not have anything similar. In fact they are moving backwards in many areas.

    There are many aspects of the O.T. the large majority Christians ignore while this appears to be less true of Muslims and their Koran.

  3. #23
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    True, Christians as a whole are less violate than Muslims, but clearly since violence against your fellow man and non-believers are part of both holy books that must not be the issue. There must be other factors in play for why Islam sees these kinds of radicals in a greater degree than Christianity, I believe the reason why has more to do with other aspects of culture, society, and government than their actual religion.
    BS!

    Try studying their fool's religion.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post


    Come on now, you must have a better solution than the impossible. If the United States is headed on this course, what can we do right now to avoid it, and if we can't avoid it because there are too many liberals in the way what can we do now to make the affect of it less, to be prepared for. You've focused all your time on preaching the end of the world, but you've done nothing it seems to prepare for it, makes me wonder if you really believe what you say.

    Also I've been to Muslim parts of the world myself, they all are not thugs and killers. I visited Xianjiang in west China which is a predominately Muslim area, and the people were quite friendly and open about talking to Westerns. No one threatened to cut off my head with a sword.
    You mean that all Muslims are not terrorists???

    Where have I heard that before?

    Perhaps its time we dropped this "not al Muslims are terrorists" mantra and focused more on those who are, or who might be.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Christianity has the New Testament and Reformation, Islam does not have anything similar. In fact they are moving backwards in many areas.

    There are many aspects of the O.T. the large majority Christians ignore while this appears to be less true of Muslims and their Koran.
    That is my opinion is exactly what Islam could use, and yes the issue is that many Muslims take from their Koran things that Christians ignore in their holy book. Like I said, since both books contain violence to non-believers I believe its more of a cultural problem than a religious one, and unfortunately it took Christianity centuries to drag itself out of the pits of religious ignorance and extremism. And even then Christian nations and people still committed horrible atrocities against one another and to each other, the Holocaust is still recent history and the Soviet Union only fell apart 20 years ago.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    LOL the arrogance... these are from the Bible.

















    And that is just some of them...

    There is even one about killing a whole town if one worships another god... or killing women who are not virgins on their wedding night.. But the best one is
    But the difference is that Christians are not following the OT whereas far too many Muslims are literally following the words in the Koran. If Christians literally followed the OT, Muslims would be reduced to dust. You should know that.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    That is my opinion is exactly what Islam could use, and yes the issue is that many Muslims take from their Koran things that Christians ignore in their holy book. Like I said, since both books contain violence to non-believers I believe its more of a cultural problem than a religious one, and unfortunately it took Christianity centuries to drag itself out of the pits of religious ignorance and extremism. And even then Christian nations and people still committed horrible atrocities against one another and to each other, the Holocaust is still recent history and the Soviet Union only fell apart 20 years ago.
    The catch is that most Muslims believe the Koran is perfect and, as well, there is unlikely to be another prophet in Islam like Jesus Christ, who inspired people around the world with his teachings. Islam has to be enforced. Muhammed was cunning but not terribly philosophical, insightful or spiritual. He was of his age. whereas the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Golden Rule, applying to both the rich and the poor, is timeless.

  8. #28
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    LOL the arrogance... these are from the Bible.

















    And that is just some of them...

    There is even one about killing a whole town if one worships another god... or killing women who are not virgins on their wedding night.. But the best one is
    ROFLMAO!

    You really don't have any idea do you? You are just another anti-Christian. Maybe even one of these fools, a muslim.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  9. #29
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Only you guys would use 25 dead in a terrorist attack to bitch about liberals or a religion you don't like. Good job.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Muslim sect claims Nigeria church attacks; 25 dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    True, Christians as a whole are less violate than Muslims, but clearly since violence against your fellow man and non-believers are part of both holy books that must not be the issue. There must be other factors in play for why Islam sees these kinds of radicals in a greater degree than Christianity, I believe the reason why has more to do with other aspects of culture, society, and government than their actual religion.
    As already explained by others, Christians have modified some of the early zany teachings. Teachings that produced such as the Inquisitions.

    Muslims not. So when do the Muslims finally enlighten themselves ?

    I found your post hugely naive, btw.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •