Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 361

Thread: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

  1. #31
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,158

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Can we please stop talking about this in such childish terms "Occutard" come on this aint recess in elementary school, how the hell are you supposed to convince anyone of your argument if agreeing with you means I have talk like a grade school kid? This isn't maturity. I really think the reason most people "debate" isn't to convince either their opponent or the audience, they just like to act superior, put people down, and get that sanctification of "winning" in their head.
    Seeing how libs were like teabagger this and teabagger that,racist teabaggers and so on I think will continue to use the term occutard. Considering the crap the occutards have done the name fits.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #32
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,158

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    You can't charge people money for exercising their First Amendment rights. Also, how are they going to sue "Occupy Protesters". They don't have an established leadership or anyone to pin this on.

    If a lawsuit is attempted it should be tossed out as it would set a dangerous precedent where city halls could financially attack people for protesting.
    Camping out in parks, bogarting public spaces, trashing public spaces, harassing burger king employees and customers, throwing trash cans through Star Bucks windows,harassing school kids and other acts of nuisances,harassment and destruction are not in any shape or form speech or peaceful assembly.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Here is some maturity for you:

    Attachment 67120302


    Yeah, you were saying?


    j-mac
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Seeing how libs were like teabagger this and teabagger that,racist teabaggers and so on I think will continue to use the term occutard. Considering the crap the occutards have done the name fits.
    So what I'm hearing is that you two don't have your own standards and would rather let your political rivals drag what I'm sure would otherwise be two mature adults down into this childishness.

    I agree mostly agree with you guys but I don't want to associate myself with those who would speak like this, where is your own pride, principles, and standards that require you to take the high place, don't you have any self-respect or is it that easy to get you guys arguing like children under a jungle gym.

    I can also assume you'd like some more maturity in these kinds of disagreements, so why not start with yourselves? You realize if your opponents take the same stance of "Well they say Occutard so I'm going to say Teabagger or whatever" its not going to solve the problem at all? Maybe I'm just being too pragmatic and solution orientated and less of raging partisan.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So what I'm hearing is that you two don't have your own standards and would rather let your political rivals drag what I'm sure would otherwise be two mature adults down into this childishness.

    I agree mostly agree with you guys but I don't want to associate myself with those who would speak like this, where is your own pride, principles, and standards that require you to take the high place, don't you have any self-respect or is it that easy to get you guys arguing like children under a jungle gym.

    I can also assume you'd like some more maturity in these kinds of disagreements, so why not start with yourselves? You realize if your opponents take the same stance of "Well they say Occutard so I'm going to say Teabagger or whatever" its not going to solve the problem at all? Maybe I'm just being too pragmatic and solution orientated and less of raging partisan.
    The "high place" is the wisdom and conviction to call these scum what they are, and not march like lemmings because some master somewhere commanded us to support this lunacy.

    They are misguiided fools if not just plain scum. They are a threat to the America that I helped to build, fought for, and now want my children to be able to participate and succeed in based on the merit of their own efforts.

    If that offends someone's widdle feewins .... tough ****.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The "high place" is the wisdom and conviction to call these scum what they are, and not march like lemmings because some master somewhere commanded us to support this lunacy.

    They are misguiided fools if not just plain scum. They are a threat to the America that I helped to build, fought for, and now want my children to be able to participate and succeed in based on the merit of their own efforts.

    If that offends someone's widdle feewins .... tough ****.
    This speaks for itself, obviously intelligence is not something that will be coming from you there's too much ego and anger in the way.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,513

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The "high place" is the wisdom and conviction to call these scum what they are, and not march like lemmings because some master somewhere commanded us to support this lunacy.

    They are misguiided fools if not just plain scum. They are a threat to the America that I helped to build, fought for, and now want my children to be able to participate and succeed in based on the merit of their own efforts.

    If that offends someone's widdle feewins .... tough ****.
    You helped build this country? Lmao. Pretty sure this country had been built by the 1980s bro.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #37
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,705

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You helped build this country? Lmao. Pretty sure this country had been built by the 1980s bro.

    Pretty sure he meant blue collar, non union, middle class American. However, what occupy did was not an exercise in free speech, as much as it was a hyper hysterical temper tantrum, from astro turf socialists, that had a bunch of lemmings, homeless, and the not too bright duped into getting themselves arrested. Most of them don't even have a coherent message, they are just there to cause trouble.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You helped build this country? Lmao. Pretty sure this country had been built by the 1980s bro.
    And just what do you think I was doing in the 70's while you were free-loading ?

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This speaks for itself, obviously intelligence is not something that will be coming from you there's too much ego and anger in the way.
    And in the end, from your "high ground" position, you slump to the personal attack. Thank you for the demonstration in hypocrisy.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    And in the end, from your "high ground" position, you slump to the personal attack. Thank you for the demonstration in hypocrisy.
    O I never shy from a personal attack when its called for, that wasn't my point. My point is about intelligence, I believe my statement is a keen observation on your mindset. The words I use have specific meanings and I put some thought into why I believe you have that arrogance. "Occutard" is entirely meaningless however, its a term which says you think the movement is stupid however its done in a way that mimics a child by adding "tard" to a word. It also has no why, no reason behind it, no explanation, you're opinions are stated as if they were fact.

    In the end my goal isn't to argue the ends and outs of what is and what isn't a personal attack or what is and what isn't childish, I just want people to speak with a degree of intelligence and mutual self respect, I think it would solve many problems today not to mention reduce the political rage many people have towards their political counter parts. If you just want to put this aside and continue on without all the childish remarks or personal attacks from both of us, I'd be more than willing.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •