Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 361

Thread: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

  1. #281
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    All crooks ignore the law. Are you calling Rosa Parks a crook?
    Did Rosa break the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The difference, and itīs a huge difference, is that Rosa Parks acted alone. Her cause was just whereas the OWS idiots don't even know what their cause is. You canīt name it yourself unless you get into some sort of vague generalities. Isnīt that true? Perhaps you can articulate their message for them. Can you?
    You cant compare one single brave individual , a lone woman, to a mob. Thatīs just goofy.[/QUOTE]

    Doesn't matter if Rosa Parks acted alone. But I have mentioned MLK's protests in this thread also if you seriously think that it does. As far as the OWS message goes. Its pretty simple. They're pissed that the 1% has screwed up the economy and that they are sending all the jobs overseas and they are pissed that the 1 percenters have continued to get rich through out the recession while everyone else got screwed.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #282
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I believe that a few of us would say that the stupidity is what is astounding. All protests are not created equal, Grasshopper.
    But the right to protest is equal.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But the right to protest is equal.
    So long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

    Which is where the Occutards have far more in common with the Anarchists than anything Rosa Parks.

  4. #284
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    So long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

    Which is where the Occutards have far more in common with the Anarchists than anything Rosa Parks.
    People keep saying this but they have yet to prove that they have infringed on anyone elses rights.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    So long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.
    And at that time, blacks had to be in the back of the bus. Therefore at that time, Rosa infringed on the rights of the whites not to have to be near a black person on the bus.

    So you are indeed saying that Rosa Parks should have just listened to the cops.

    The simple fact is you are hypocritical in your selection of what protest should be allowed.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-29-11 at 11:11 AM.

  6. #286
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    People keep saying this but they have yet to prove that they have infringed on anyone elses rights.
    Oh, the useful idiots have infringed on plenty of people's rights.

    Haven't you seen the reports of the small and large businesses that have been impacted by these guys?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And at that time, blacks had to be in the back of the bus. Therefore at that time, Rosa infringed on the rights of the whites not to have to be near a black person on the bus.

    So you are indeed saying that Rosa Parks should have just listened to the cops.

    The simple fact is you are hypocritical in your selection of what protest should be allowed.
    Uninformed one. Show me where I said that a protest should not "be allowed". What I, and many others have maintained, is that they must abide by the law, or be arrested.

    Doofi abound.

  8. #288
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Everyone keeps saying that the occutard's expense is tied to clean-up and sanitation costs.

    The brunt of the cost was $1,200,000 for LAPD overtime and $335,000 for GSPD overtime. I must assume that these expenses were OK'd by the mayor. Therefore, Carmen Tatantrum is going to have a really hard time explaining to a judge, that in hindsight, the mayor is changing his mind and wants the occutards to now pay for those outlandish expenses that were incurred by the city.

    Case dismissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that the occutard's expense is tied to clean-up and sanitation costs.

    The brunt of the cost was $1,200,000 for LAPD overtime and $335,000 for GSPD overtime. I must assume that these expenses were OK'd by the mayor. Therefore, Carmen Tatantrum is going to have a really hard time explaining to a judge, that in hindsight, the mayor is changing his mind and wants the occutards to now pay for those outlandish expenses that were incurred by the city.

    Case dismissed.
    The mayor is only posturing to try to cover for their initial error in not compelling the law to be obeyed. All these liberal mayors who tried to at first foment the protests now face the backlash from the law-abiding public who are pissed that the Occutard crap was allowed to go on as it was.

  10. #290
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: L.A. might sue Occupy L.A. protestors for financial damages

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Oh, the useful idiots have infringed on plenty of people's rights.

    Haven't you seen the reports of the small and large businesses that have been impacted by these guys?
    Lots of things impact buisness's. Both positively and negatively. That doesn't mean that it is infringing on their rights.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •