Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 263

Thread: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

  1. #71
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It doesn't bother me one way or another to see people kiss, and I don't care who they are, as long as I don't have to kiss them. But why should it be headlines? When you saw your displays of affection, did you get on the horn and call the local paper and tell them to get down there right away and get a shot of people kissing? It is obviously news right?
    It's in the headlines because, for some people, it is a noteworthy moment in history. For the first time, same sex couples are allowed to openly serve. This just drives that point home even more. Again, if it didn't bother you, you wouldn't bother to post or comment about it. Obviously it does.

    As far as heterosexuals "throwing their displays in your face" does that bother you? Would you like to see laws banning PDA's? What's your problem? Like I said, I don't care who is with whom, I am happy that they are happy, I just don't need it taking up my time in the news.


    j-mac
    How does it take up your time? There are plenty of news stories out there that I'm not even remotely interested in. For instance, I think that entertainment and celebrity gossip is a complete waste of time. However, it doesn't affect me because I don't even bother to read it, so I don't care about it. It is taking up your time because you are choosing to give time to it. If you didn't care, you wouldn't.

  2. #72
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwalker View Post
    Of course I would not want the same thing for "normal people". That is abnormal behavior. Deviant if you wish.
    Thankfully, you don't define what is "normal" or "abnormal" for the rest of us.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwalker View Post
    Of course I would not want the same thing for "normal people". That is abnormal behavior. Deviant if you wish.
    Ah so you are a homophobe. Got it, thanks.

    And yes, someone that does not want two gay people kissing AND (notice the and) want's to treat them differently than two straight people kissing IS a homophobe.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-23-11 at 12:17 PM.

  4. #74
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It's in the headlines because, for some people, it is a noteworthy moment in history. For the first time, same sex couples are allowed to openly serve. This just drives that point home even more. Again, if it didn't bother you, you wouldn't bother to post or comment about it. Obviously it does.
    No, it really doesn't bother me. Why would you feel the need to "drive" anything home? Didn't you win in this one? Or is it really just a moment to gloat over those who object?

    How does it take up your time? There are plenty of news stories out there that I'm not even remotely interested in. For instance, I think that entertainment and celebrity gossip is a complete waste of time. However, it doesn't affect me because I don't even bother to read it, so I don't care about it. It is taking up your time because you are choosing to give time to it. If you didn't care, you wouldn't.
    eh, you're right....I'm out.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    01-09-12 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    If you don't care, why are you in this thread?

    BTW, straight people shove it in everyone's faces all the time. I took a walk downtown last weekend with the wife and saw (OMG) at least 7 straight people kissing. Why do straight people have to shove their affection in everyone's faces. OMG it's the end of the world I tell you, the end of the world.
    Tell me exactly how you explain to 3 girls, ages 9, 9 and 7 (yes, twins) why two women are kissing and why it is on the front page of the paper.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    01-09-12 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No it's not, sorry if you wish to believe that.
    No need to be sorry when you are wrong and just want to be one of the sheep following an unknown leader.

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwalker View Post
    Tell me exactly how you explain to 3 girls, ages 9, 9 and 7 (yes, twins) why two women are kissing and why it is on the front page of the paper.
    Same way you explain a man and a woman kissing.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwalker View Post
    Tell me exactly how you explain to 3 girls, ages 9, 9 and 7 (yes, twins) why two women are kissing and why it is on the front page of the paper.
    Exactly how I explained it to my 9 year old step daughter. Sometimes two people like a man and a man or a woman and a woman want to be a couple. Her response was "ewwww".

    Wow, it's not the end of the world, seriously. You are making WAAAAAAY to big a deal over this. Keep your kids locked up then if you don't want to see it.

  9. #79
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it really doesn't bother me. Why would you feel the need to "drive" anything home? Didn't you win in this one? Or is it really just a moment to gloat over those who object?
    Ah, so people are just supposed to quietly celebrate and then not bring it up ever again? It is still brand new for some people. By the way, it has nothing to do with gloating, I can assure you. In fact, I'm willing to bet that homophobes and anti-DADT people are the last thing on their mind. This is a landmark decision for a lot of people. Let them celebrate and be happy. If you don't like seeing it, don't look at it.

  10. #80
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwalker View Post
    Of course I would not want the same thing for "normal people". That is abnormal behavior. Deviant if you wish.
    You're d@mn tooten, it's deviant! I get so disgusted thinking of two women getting together, exploring each other's flesh, nibbling at their soft bits as they feel their heat rising, gently seeking that mysterious place from which all goodness arises until lost in paroxysms of pure lust they bury their probing........

    oops. Gotta go. I'll be back in abut ten minutes.

    maybe five.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •