Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 263

Thread: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

  1. #151
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    There has been HUGE damage to the military and national security due to the repeal of DADT. Testimony in the article 32 hearing last week of PFC Bradley Manning, the Wikileaks source, revealed that his homosexuality was widely known and he had sent his commanding officer a photo of himself dressed as a woman and referred to himself as "Brianna". He stated that he had a gender identity problem. He was so unstable that the bolt had been removed from his weapon and despite all of this his access to classified info was never restricted. His immediate supervisor refused to testify at the hearing. Does anyone really think that if Obama hadn't let it be known that he wanted DADT repealed that Manning's behavior would have been tolerated?

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    There has been HUGE damage to the military and national security due to the repeal of DADT. Testimony in the article 32 hearing last week of PFC Bradley Manning, the Wikileaks source, revealed that his homosexuality was widely known and he had sent his commanding officer a photo of himself dressed as a woman and referred to himself as "Brianna". He stated that he had a gender identity problem. He was so unstable that the bolt had been removed from his weapon and despite all of this his access to classified info was never restricted. His immediate supervisor refused to testify at the hearing. Does anyone really think that if Obama hadn't let it be known that he wanted DADT repealed that Manning's behavior would have been tolerated?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #153
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    There has been HUGE damage to the military and national security due to the repeal of DADT. Testimony in the article 32 hearing last week of PFC Bradley Manning, the Wikileaks source, revealed that his homosexuality was widely known and he had sent his commanding officer a photo of himself dressed as a woman and referred to himself as "Brianna". He stated that he had a gender identity problem. He was so unstable that the bolt had been removed from his weapon and despite all of this his access to classified info was never restricted. His immediate supervisor refused to testify at the hearing. Does anyone really think that if Obama hadn't let it be known that he wanted DADT repealed that Manning's behavior would have been tolerated?
    most transvestites are not homosexuals and most gay men don't dress up in skirts hose etc

  4. #154
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    This is the best page in this thread :
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #155
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    There has been HUGE damage to the military and national security due to the repeal of DADT. Testimony in the article 32 hearing last week of PFC Bradley Manning, the Wikileaks source, revealed that his homosexuality was widely known and he had sent his commanding officer a photo of himself dressed as a woman and referred to himself as "Brianna". He stated that he had a gender identity problem. He was so unstable that the bolt had been removed from his weapon and despite all of this his access to classified info was never restricted. His immediate supervisor refused to testify at the hearing. Does anyone really think that if Obama hadn't let it be known that he wanted DADT repealed that Manning's behavior would have been tolerated?
    Being that was your first post...wow. Not that I am old hat, but wow.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #156
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    I guess those that attacked my opinion didn't bother following the article 32 hearings. No doubt most of the left leaning media completely ignored the story. However I've included a link to a Politico report of day 1 of the hearings.

    A struggle with emotional problems and even his gender may affect the culpability of an Army private accused of leaking thousands of classified military reports and diplomatic cables to Wikileaks, the defense argued at a preliminary hearing here Saturday.

    As a clearer view of the defense’s strategy in the high-profile criminal investigation emerged, a lawyer for Pfc. Bradley Manning pressed a government investigator about whether she found articles he’d printed out about “gender identity disorder” and “gender reassignment,” including one about transsexuals in the military engaging in “flight into hyper masculinity.”
    Graham told Maj. Matthew Kemkes the information found in Manning’s quarters at a forward operating base in Iraq last year wasn’t a surprise to her. “We already knew before arriving … that PFC Manning was homosexual and — I don’t know the proper term — transvestite, or was interested in those topics,” she said.

    Another defense lawyer, Capt. Paul Bouchard, said twice later in the hearing that Manning had created “an alter-ego” under the name “Breanna Manning.”

    Another investigator who testified Saturday, former Army special agent Troy Bettencourt, said Manning had “at least one” email address as well as a Facebook profile of himself as “Breanna.”

    Witnesses also said that Manning, an intelligence analyst, sent an e-mail to his immediate supervisor in which Manning included a photo of himself dressed as a woman and said he’d concluded he was suffering from gender identity disorder.


    Read more: Defense cites Bradley Manning

  7. #157
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    ^^^^ That has nothing to do with allowing LGBT people to serve openly.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #158
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    I guess those that attacked my opinion didn't bother following the article 32 hearings. No doubt most of the left leaning media completely ignored the story. However I've included a link to a Politico report of day 1 of the hearings.

    A struggle with emotional problems and even his gender may affect the culpability of an Army private accused of leaking thousands of classified military reports and diplomatic cables to Wikileaks, the defense argued at a preliminary hearing here Saturday.

    As a clearer view of the defense’s strategy in the high-profile criminal investigation emerged, a lawyer for Pfc. Bradley Manning pressed a government investigator about whether she found articles he’d printed out about “gender identity disorder” and “gender reassignment,” including one about transsexuals in the military engaging in “flight into hyper masculinity.”
    Graham told Maj. Matthew Kemkes the information found in Manning’s quarters at a forward operating base in Iraq last year wasn’t a surprise to her. “We already knew before arriving … that PFC Manning was homosexual and — I don’t know the proper term — transvestite, or was interested in those topics,” she said.

    Another defense lawyer, Capt. Paul Bouchard, said twice later in the hearing that Manning had created “an alter-ego” under the name “Breanna Manning.”

    Another investigator who testified Saturday, former Army special agent Troy Bettencourt, said Manning had “at least one” email address as well as a Facebook profile of himself as “Breanna.”

    Witnesses also said that Manning, an intelligence analyst, sent an e-mail to his immediate supervisor in which Manning included a photo of himself dressed as a woman and said he’d concluded he was suffering from gender identity disorder.


    Read more: Defense cites Bradley Manning
    This has nothing to do with Don't ask, Don't Tell and the ability of homosexuals to serve openly in the military.

  9. #159
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    ^^^^ That has nothing to do with allowing LGBT people to serve openly.
    It has plenty to do with it. Several posters have written that the repeal of DADT has not harmed the military. This case appears to shows that it has. Shortly after Obama promised in his 2010 State of the Union address to repeal DADT, Secretary Gates issued directives making it much harder to discharge anyone under the policy. In effect the writing was on the wall and most career military know better than to buck the system. This "hands off" approach contributed to Manning keeping his job and security clearance. What else could have persuaded his chain of command to do so? He would often curl into a ball on the floor while at work and refuse to interact with his coworkers. He physically struck a female soldier he worked with and threw numerous temper tantrums. His unit was so spooked by his behavior that they removed the bolt from his weapon. But still he was allowed unsupervised access to classified material everyday.
    His defense is that he was so far gone that the fault for his actions lie with his chain of command. He is using his homosexuality as his ticket to freedom. At least that's what some of his fellow gay soldiers think:

    If he’s guilty, Manning not only violated security protocol and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, he violated the trust of his colleagues, the Army and his countrymen. Now that he prepares to stand trial, he has shown himself to be willing to sacrifice honorable gay and lesbian servicemembers to avoid responsibility. Lawyers for Manning are claiming that his struggle with his sexual orientation contributed to emotional problems that should have precluded him from working in a classified environment. This shameful defense is an offense to the tens of thousands of gay servicemembers who served honorably under “don’t ask, don’t tell.” We all served under the same law, with the same challenges and struggles. We did not commit treason because of it.
    Manning

  10. #160
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Strike two?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •