Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 263

Thread: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

  1. #131
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    And yet, you are still posting in a thread that you claim not to care about and that you consider "not newsworthy". It's a topsy turvy world.

    That's because I am responding to your ridiculous assertions. I guess some people just don't know when they have been bested....Better run along now son.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    I am sure a few of the male swabee's looked at that photo and thought "sandwich".

    Good for those swabelle's to be able to just be normal, and move on.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    I think I see the problem here...

    The video and and story are important because its a first time event, not because of what it is on its face, but because its a symbol for a changed military and world. Its a sign of the times and a preview of what will shortly become normal. As for many conservatives here who don't care, they should acknowledge its symbolism and then move on. I can understand if you don't really care because you never supported the removal of DADT, and even if you still don't support its removal, you cannot deny the importance of these kind of stories in the first few months DADT is repealed. Like I said, they are a sign of the changing times and eventually, and quickly, they will not be newsworthy .

    They are important because it shows people what is different now, the problem for many here though is that all that's changed is now female Sailors are kissing each other at homecomings, there's not a thing to complain about as to why DADT shouldn't have been repealed because so far there are NO damaging effects on the military.

  4. #134
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Good for them, but I don't see why this is newsworthy.
    Of course it's newsworthy. It's hugely newsworthy.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  5. #135
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's because I am responding to your ridiculous assertions. I guess some people just don't know when they have been bested....Better run along now son.


    j-mac
    Feel free to convince yourself of that.

  6. #136
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Feel free to convince yourself of that.

    Maybe an opinion from a conservative that can write better than I can, but I agree with, can explain it better...

    It must have been a slow news day in the world because the coverage given the welcome home "first kiss" by lesbian sailors made it on more than 500 newspapers and websites around the world.

    Did anyone ask what the big deal was? Guess not. Which leads one to conclude that the coverage was based on the titillation a same sex kiss by females engenders rather than any legitimate news angle.

    Remember the coverage given the full on kiss by Madonna and Britney Spears at the VMA Awards show in 2007? A Google search finds more than 28,000 hits for that TV moment. The hypersexualization of our teens now includes images and messages saying that its OK for young females to engage in this kind of activity. "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It" - a big hit for Katy Perry -and songs like it send clear message that not only is it "normal" behavior for teens, but that boys get sexually aroused watching it.

    Why was this dockside lesbian kiss such a huge story? I can't recall the traditional Navy "first kiss" between heterosexuals getting this kind of media overkill. Maybe because a lesbian first kiss had never been covered by the news media before? Does that in and of itself make it news? Not hardly.The Washington Post really lost perspective and gushed that the lesbian kiss rivaled the iconic "VJ-Day" kiss in Times Square, a photo that has been seared into the American consciousness and has represented inexpressible joy and heartfelt emotion for more than 60 years.

    Read more: Blog: Gay sailors' 'first kiss' more titillation than news
    Do yourself a favor, keep an open mind, and read the whole article.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #137
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe an opinion from a conservative that can write better than I can, but I agree with, can explain it better...
    This article says absolutely nothing. It makes no argument whatsoever.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #138
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    This article says absolutely nothing. It makes no argument whatsoever.

    Maybe this says everything one needs to know of your willingness to actually hear the other side of an argument.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #139
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe an opinion from a conservative that can write better than I can, but I agree with, can explain it better...



    Do yourself a favor, keep an open mind, and read the whole article.

    j-mac
    I read the entire article and there are certain parts I agree with. In fact, when I first read the story, I agreed it would have been a bigger deal had it been two men instead of two women. A lot of homophobic males seem to have no problem with two women kissing (as long as they are hot). I still think it is newsworthy and I don't agree with the blogger's point when he compares it to the first heterosexual kiss. The repeal of DADT was a landmark decision and this only solidifies that. I think the picture of the two women kissing means a lot to a lot of people and obviously it won't mean a lot to heterosexuals who don't think it's that big of a deal. So why take that from them? Perhaps the media is trying to exploit sex. Even so, who cares? Neither you nor anyone else who thinks that this isn't newsworthy is in charge of the headlines. If it isn't that big of a deal to you, I fail to see why it's that big of a deal that this made the headlines. Get over it.

  10. #140
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: 2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe this says everything one needs to know of your willingness to actually hear the other side of an argument.
    There's no argument there. Nothing.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •