Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 144

Thread: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The House bill DOES NOT ALLOW Obama to merely refuse to approve the pipeline "because he doesn't want to".
    What in the House bill disallows 'because he doesn't want to'? How is the Senate bill different?

  2. #132
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    What in the House bill disallows 'because he doesn't want to'? How is the Senate bill different?

    Shhh, don't confuse him with facts.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #133
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    What in the House bill disallows 'because he doesn't want to'? [...]
    Where does it allow him to?

    As much as it has been discussed and posted, you are still unclear on the pipeline specifics of the bill? Or are you still trying to take refuge in semantics? If so, it is a really stupid tactic, but one the Republicans would be overjoyed to see Obama take (for if he does not submit written reasoning that the pipeline is not in the national interest, then the pipeline automatically becomes law).

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Where does it allow him to?

    As much as it has been discussed and posted, you are still unclear on the pipeline specifics of the bill? Or are you still trying to take refuge in semantics? If so, it is a really stupid tactic, but one the Republicans would be overjoyed to see Obama take (for if he does not submit written reasoning that the pipeline is not in the national interest, then the pipeline automatically becomes law).
    Ok, you're right it doesn't allow BHO to do that. I am past that. I am, and have been, asking that if Senate bill or House bill whichever passes the language is the same. In the end the result will be the same, backed by BOTH Democrat or Republican. So what is your point?

  5. #135
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Ok, you're right it doesn't allow BHO to do that. I am past that. I am, and have been, asking that if Senate bill or House bill whichever passes the language is the same. In the end the result will be the same, backed by BOTH Democrat or Republican. So what is your point?
    That this claim is incorrect:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill, in post #72 View Post
    [...] The House bill NEVER had a requirement that Obama approve the pipeline. [...]

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    That this claim is incorrect:
    How inconsequential. Great debate victory! Go have a beer on me…figuratively of course.

    Now can we stipulate that whichever bill gets past BHO will have to decide on Keystone based on bipartisan congressional pressure?

  7. #137
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-15-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    802

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    He doesn't have to say much more than "I don't believe it's in the national interest" though. I mean, really, you think he can't find some justification? You could find a good sounding argument either in favor for or against the pipeline in 30 seconds with Google. Copy and paste and bam, you're done. My prediction is we'll have the pipeline turned down within 60 days, or they'll give him extra time in the next short-term extension of the payroll tax bill because they don't want him to say no. No doubt it'll continue to be an issue as the 60 day extension expires and there will be attempts, perhaps successful, perhaps not, to mandate the pipeline happens. More likely, it'll just set up another delayed decision or time to study or whatever... Not like we have to wait too long to find out.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by vvx View Post
    My prediction is we'll have the pipeline turned down within 60 days
    On a pessimistic note I hope he does. This will pave the way for Canada to negotiate the suggested deal with China and circumvent any benefits the US could realize. Being long in years and having no offspring these developments will be inconsequential to me and mine BUT those of you younger need to pay attention as these decisions will lay the foundation for YOUR future. Of course you can rely on wind (when it blows) and solar (when the sun shines) to power your future.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    That this claim is incorrect:
    You are all alone on this. Have you noticed that none of the many liberals on this board have come in to support you???

    hint: they all know you are dead wrong.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #140
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama says Senate plan ‘only viable way’ to prevent tax hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You are all alone on this. Have you noticed that none of the many liberals on this board have come in to support you???

    hint: they all know you are dead wrong.
    Instead of backing up your ridiculous claims, you're busy spewing more crap, sprinkle with the usual empty talk of "liberals."
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •