Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 222

Thread: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

  1. #181
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So much for that. They just pass identical bills, without amendments, all the time!
    I havent read the whole thread but were you being sarcastic? I'm pretty sure the majority of bills have differences in them.

  2. #182
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndepent View Post
    I havent read the whole thread but were you being sarcastic? I'm pretty sure the majority of bills have differences in them.
    Your sarcasm meter is well-tuned.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #183
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Bwwaaaaa, haaaaaaaaa............ that's the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.
    It is funny, isn't it? Everything was done on paper. You'd use the Congressional Quarterly Weekly Report, and if you wanted a bill, you got it on paper, from the GPO or a little room in the Capitol. If you wanted to see what was going on on the floor, you actually went to the gallery and listened in person. None of that wussy C-SPAN stuff.

    Now we have the internet, where you can just get bill text and status and votes almost instantly, or you can make silly claims on forums and fail to back them up.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  4. #184
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And you seem to believe that all 435 Representatives should give up their responsibility to craft legislation, and just act like automatons and vote on whatever is placed in front of them.
    If you think I'm the one who claimed that either half of Congress should vote on the other halfs' bills without any review, then you should check your meds.
    Last edited by sangha; 12-22-11 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #185
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I'm reposting this so it can move past the childish rants of a few and get some real debate going.

    I'll give a very original reply to this that I think no one has posted yet. I think everyone in Congress is wrong about this politically and fiscally, and I'll tell you why. The Dems are wrong because A) The cut they proposed (with GOP minority support) does not fund itself properly and has no long term plan B) They are cutting funding for the very program they always champion, Social Security C) They are punishing Freddie and Fannie, 2 companies they have a vested interest in seeing prosper. The GOP and Tea Party are wrong because A) They are cutting the one tax that can vilify them later. I don't put it past the Dems to use the fact that they want to cut this tax longer as a later argument that the conservatives are trying to bankrupt Social Security. Honestly, would that surprise anyone on this? B) The House should have made it known they would not vote this bill in a lot sooner than they did C) The GOP and Tea Party (notice I didn't mention them as one party) should have suggested another kind of tax cut besides the payroll tax. In addition, why would anyone want to cut this tax longer, which is something both parties want to do, just at different times. This is the last tax our gov't should be going after. As jacked up and underfunded as Social Security is, we should not be cutting the only source of funding for it. I don't agree with Social Security one iota. However, a promise was made to the American people, including myself, that we would get what we put in. I think Social Security should overhauled and made voluntary, but that's neither here nor there because its still active and we have to solve it. There you have it, a non-partisan look at how stupid our Congress is, no matter the party affiliation
    Formatting is A Good Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #186
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Sorry, but I don't have them memorized.

    Now stop acting like a 3 year old.......wait, my youngest granddaughter is a 3 year old and she more mature than you.
    "There were so many I can't remember any of them"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #187
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Formatting is A Good Thing
    I concur, sorry about that
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #188
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Your sarcasm meter is well-tuned.
    I am so glad for your sake that you were sarcastic. I can not stand people who have no knowledge of a subject and try to debate on it. You sir have given me a small hope for humanity haha

  9. #189
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Wow, this thread has devolved into an adolescent finger pointing game. This is where I unsubscribe.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #190
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Boehner demands Senate cancel its vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And you seem to believe that all 435 Representatives should give up their responsibility to craft legislation, and just act like automatons and vote on whatever is placed in front of them.
    Yet you not only expect 100 Senators to do the exact same thing, you claim that it happens often.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •