Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 697

Thread: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

  1. #421
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I don't give a **** whether it is or not; I want every mother****er showing their ID when they vote. That includes all the illegals and deceased Democrats they can dig up.
    Of course you do not care if the facts do not support your desire to limit the rights of American citizens. The fact that you cannot show any measurable voter fraud and it demonstrates that there is no problem which requires a solution does not deter you from the march to fascism and stripping Americans of Constitutional protections.

    No surprise there. I guess we should at least thank you fro your honesty...... as repugnant as it is.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #422
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just because fraud has not been vigorously prosecuted, doesn't mean that it isn't prolific in the US. Just ask gov. Walker.

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I guess you would also subscribe to just because we cannot show that there are not three inch monkeys made of flame which play professional basketball underneath the surface of Uranus that does not mean there are none?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #423
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ...Most losers support taxes on those who do better than them...

    ...that is why we need a tax system where the parasites cannot vote up the rates on the producers without suffering a like hike themselves
    Jesus, do you really think using hateful language like this helps your argument?

  4. #424
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,710

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only system that can work in a consumer based ecnomy like ours is one that taxes money not spent. Taxing money that people would spend boosting the economy is self-defeating. Progressive taxes benefit all by boosting the economy and putting "lost" money to work when the Govt. spends it.
    not taxing those who demand more government sufficiently only causes them to demand more and more government

  5. #425
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,710

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Jesus, do you really think using hateful language like this helps your argument?
    Irony alert

  6. #426
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wow that is some serious hatred of america there
    Lets see if I have this correct you think that Wall Street is code for America? I think I have probably told you that I do not hate any thing or any one, hatred is a terrible burden to carry around, hatred only empowers those who it is directed at.

    Wall Street is nothing more then one huge ponzi scheme play ground for the rich, take it away and you prevent the rich from stealing from the middle class, the poor and the elderly. Take it away and maybe we will be able to elect some politicians that are not in bed with Wall Street.

  7. #427
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You think Wall Street is up the creek now, just wait till you mess with Capital Gains.
    Like how horrible it was in the 90's before the Capital gains tax break for the rich? The horror!!!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #428
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't need sympathy

    You appear to have some kind of mental disconnect in your conflicting statements here.



    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is why we need a tax system where the parasites cannot vote up the rates on the producers without suffering a like hike themselves
    Do you know what this looks like to others?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #429
    Student E-M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-03-12 @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    160

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Best part is that conservatives have been going wild about Obama supposedly calling Americans lazy. But now half of Americans are low income and the traditional conservative line is that pretty much every single one of those people could be rich right now but have just been too damned lazy to work their way to the top.

    So what is it conservatives? Tell me why you don't think half of those people are just making excuses. Of course conservatives think its legitimate to make excuses about the government for being to cowardly and greedy to hire. But conservatives will call you lazy for not risking your whole financial well being by not starting up a company in order to become rich. Its always convenient that only those who are already rich are ever allowed to complain.

  10. #430
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    For those of you on the conservative side..... I would like to ask you a simple question...

    I doubt any of you will answer, because once you do you will realize that none of your policies support your answer.

    here is the question...

    What is the desired output of our economic system?

Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •