Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 697

Thread: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nor are honest people with guns but you want honest people to only have handguns if some bureaucrat decides they can

    and why do you people who claim to be "for the poor" want the poor disarmed and helpless in the face of crime
    honestly TD, don't we have enough threads about gun-control???

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is coming from a guy who supports the costly, idiotic and most likely unconstitutional NYC anti gun laws that hassle only honest people?
    again, we already have enough threads about guns.

    jeeeez...

  3. #393
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    honestly TD, don't we have enough threads about gun-control???
    not nearly as many as we have threads about lefties whining about the rich and how bad the poor have it

  4. #394
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wow, so you want govt. to spend a lot of time and energy on a non-problem?

    sounds like a real waste of very rare government funds.
    It's not problem at all. I show my ID when I vote. I just get it out of my pocket, no problem.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    not nearly as many as we have threads about lefties whining about the rich and how bad the poor have it
    yes, the poor do have it bad.

    would you walk in their shoes for even a month?

  6. #396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It's not problem at all.....
    then why should government waste 1 second on the issue?

  7. #397
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I don't give a **** whether it is or not; I want every mother****er showing their ID when they vote. That includes all the illegals and deceased Democrats they can dig up.
    Is that really what you want? Are you sure or do you just want to make it difficult for the poor and the elderly to vote? You know this may back fire on the republicans and actually cost them the election, think about it, 57% of registered republican voters did not think that President Obama was born in the USA now I don't know what that implies to you but to me it means that they did not believe that the Republican National Party had the ability to determine whether President Obama was born in the USA or they were just so ignorant that they would believe any thing they heard or saw. Now do you think those fine 57% of the registered republican voters actually have picture ID'S
    Last edited by EarlzP; 12-19-11 at 10:18 PM.

  8. #398
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, the poor do have it bad.

    would you walk in their shoes for even a month?
    you seem confused, the reason why I worked hard, made top grades, went to top schools and earned top degrees is so I wouldn't have to. and I am not responsible for anyone being poor so WTF do I have a duty to take care of their problems?

    especially since so many of them are unwilling to make any effort to take care of themselves

  9. #399
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Is that really what you want? Are you sure or do you just want to make it difficult for the poor and the elderly to vote? You know this may back fire on the republicans and actually cost them the election, think about it, 57% of registered republican voters did not think that President Obama was born in the USA now I don't know what that implies to you but to me it means that they did not believe that the Republican National Party had the ability to determine whether President Obama was born in the USA or they were just so ignorant that they would believe any thing they heard or saw. Now do you think those fine 57% of the registered republican voters actually have picture ID'S
    anyone who finds showing an ID so arduous as to deter them from voting is probably way too stupid to be voting in the first place

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you seem confused, the reason why I worked hard, made top grades, went to top schools and earned top degrees is so I wouldn't have to. and I am not responsible for anyone being poor so WTF do I have a duty to take care of their problems?...
    I have no problem with my tax-dollars going to a 5-year welfare program for folks that are down on their luck.

    all sorts of people go on public assistance. I remember years ago, we almost had a welfare-to-work person who had a Phd.

    we were like.."what??????? someone with a Phd was on welfare????" but it was true.

    times are tough, and all sorts of folks need help. my cousin's husband was a stock broker, got laid off in 2008, and had to go on unemployment. I don't think he thought he'd ever be in such a position. but it happens to even the luckiest and most fortunate of us all.

Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •