Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 697

Thread: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

  1. #341
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    just who the heck do you think it is who owns those factories and sits on the board which makes those decisions?
    the shareholders own them

    that includes union pension plans among others

  2. #342
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    So many of you view the shipping of jobs elsewhere as if it were a choice, for many employers.


    Let me break this down for you. This is a little truism that ANYONE who has every owned a business either already knew, or learned the hard way, at some point. "You're either growing, or you're dying." In the case of globalism, everyone ELSE is growing, RAPIDLY. India, China, most of Asia, actually....why? Because they have the single greatest resource a business NEEDS...cheap labor. I'm sorry, but we FORCED many manufacturers out of the country, when we decided that assembly line workers required 25+ an hour to do the jobs that many a monkey could handle, just fine. Look at GM. No sooner do they get out from under the crappy labor union contracts and stifling pensions, etc...and baby, they are BACK in business. I call that pretty solid evidence. But I'm wasting my time here, because none of you are going to present a rational counter argument that doesn't rely almost solely on emotional responses (the poor, but raped middle class!!! ), and most of you already know where you stand, and nothing, NOTHING, is going to sway you, no matter what sort of proof or evidence could be tossed into your faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #343
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    So many of you view the shipping of jobs elsewhere as if it were a choice, for many employers.


    Let me break this down for you. This is a little truism that ANYONE who has every owned a business either already knew, or learned the hard way, at some point. "You're either growing, or you're dying." In the case of globalism, everyone ELSE is growing, RAPIDLY. India, China, most of Asia, actually....why? Because they have the single greatest resource a business NEEDS...cheap labor. I'm sorry, but we FORCED many manufacturers out of the country, when we decided that assembly line workers required 25+ an hour to do the jobs that many a monkey could handle, just fine. Look at GM. No sooner do they get out from under the crappy labor union contracts and stifling pensions, etc...and baby, they are BACK in business. I call that pretty solid evidence. But I'm wasting my time here, because none of you are going to present a rational counter argument that doesn't rely almost solely on emotional responses (the poor, but raped middle class!!! ), and most of you already know where you stand, and nothing, NOTHING, is going to sway you, no matter what sort of proof or evidence could be tossed into your faces.
    economic reality has little use to the faith based arguments of the bash corporations crowd

  4. #344
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    rich folks who make their money directly off of the hard labor of thousands of employees, do owe their workers more than to suddenly ship their jobs to China.
    So people are forced to work there?

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    So many of you view the shipping of jobs elsewhere as if it were a choice, for many employers.


    Let me break this down for you. This is a little truism that ANYONE who has every owned a business either already knew, or learned the hard way, at some point. "You're either growing, or you're dying." In the case of globalism, everyone ELSE is growing, RAPIDLY. India, China, most of Asia, actually....why? Because they have the single greatest resource a business NEEDS...cheap labor. I'm sorry, but we FORCED many manufacturers out of the country, when we decided that assembly line workers required 25+ an hour to do the jobs that many a monkey could handle, just fine. Look at GM. No sooner do they get out from under the crappy labor union contracts and stifling pensions, etc...and baby, they are BACK in business. I call that pretty solid evidence. But I'm wasting my time here, because none of you are going to present a rational counter argument that doesn't rely almost solely on emotional responses (the poor, but raped middle class!!! ), and most of you already know where you stand, and nothing, NOTHING, is going to sway you, no matter what sort of proof or evidence could be tossed into your faces.
    GM didn't get out from under their pension liability. It's still going to come crashing down on them. Besides that, sending jobs overseas is a short sighted solution.

  6. #346
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    GM didn't get out from under their pension liability. It's still going to come crashing down on them. Besides that, sending jobs overseas is a short sighted solution.
    I just read in time magazine that that was one of the reason GM made such a strong come back...because they were able to re negotiate terms with the UAW. Reducing, and, in some cases, removing pensions, and "cadilac" health care plans, etc...was that wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    I just read in time magazine that that was one of the reason GM made such a strong come back...because they were able to re negotiate terms with the UAW. Reducing, and, in some cases, removing pensions, and "cadilac" health care plans, etc...was that wrong?
    It's about time to pack it in for the night but if I recall, the big 3 have 800,000 retiree's on their books. I believe they lessened their future obligations with their current employee's but did nothing about what these 800,000 is costing them.

  8. #348
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    stop the psychobabble. its the middle class that demands Cheap chinese goods.
    Your good with your psychobabble comments how are you with unplugging a toilet? My thoughts the right including you sold our country out to the chinese

  9. #349
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Your good with your psychobabble comments how are you with unplugging a toilet? My thoughts the right including you sold our country out to the chinese
    good, I was single and living on my own basically for 15 years. I didn't have time to wait around for a plumber to show up.

  10. #350
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    I find this statement kind of galling:



    Being poor in America, you have little security. Having a car, a roof and a TV (as if they're rare or expensive) is hardly representative of your ability to afford health insurance or provide for yourself or your family in old age. We live in a consumer society filled with cheap electronics. The working poor have ample access to Wiis, as they are affordable. Health insurance, however ...
    One must be destitute on the streets apparently before being qualified as in need of assistance. Corporations, however, are more worthy of government spending. The consumers, it seems, are disposable.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •