Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 697

Thread: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

  1. #301
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Multiple choice question

    what is the purpose of a corporation

    1) to create a profit for the owners

    2) to provide you a job

    3) to fund the government with taxes
    2 and 3. The goal of a BUSINESS is to create profits for the owner/owners. Corporations are legal entities that only exist at the behest of governments. They are outside of, and above, the free market. And the reason why governments have made the laws governing these entities what they are, is because of option 2 and 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    envy is a really sucky thing to suffer from....
    I don't envy self-hating Americans (corporate CEOs & owners) who move tens of thousands of American jobs overseas.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    It isn't my theory. I don't have to prove anything.
    Not asking you to. I've given plenty of evidence tax cuts don't create jobs. There is no evidence to tax cuts creating jobs that I know of, but if you claim they do, you do have to present evidence. BTW, that they create jobs is the positive. That is where the burden of proof lies.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #304
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Let me predict the future for you. China and the USA are in an undeclared economic war, eventually China will know that they have drained enough out of the American economy and will take the route that other countries have taken they will nationalize all of the American based companies in China and call in the loans they have made to America. When that happens the golden goose that those who own the companies "the stock holders" will find thier selves holding worthless pieces of paper.

    American workers built and worked the companies that have moved over seas, When the Chinese nationalize American manufacturing you may know what the price of greed looks and feels like.
    Is that a long winded way of either refusing to answer an easy question or a concession you have absolutely no clue about why corporations are created?

  5. #305
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't envy self-hating Americans (corporate CEOs & owners) who move tens of thousands of American jobs overseas.
    self-hating? that appears to be an attribute you made up and applied without any evidence or clue

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    self-hating? that appears to be an attribute you made up and applied without any evidence or clue
    an American citizen, who knowningly and consciously lays off tens of thousands of his fellow Americans, so as to move the jobs overseas to make an extra buck, is self-hating.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not asking you to. I've given plenty of evidence tax cuts don't create jobs. There is no evidence to tax cuts creating jobs that I know of, but if you claim they do, you do have to present evidence. BTW, that they create jobs is the positive. That is where the burden of proof lies.
    I'm not claiming anything. I'm just noting that those with low taxes outside of Florida seem to be doing pretty darn well.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Absolutely WRONG. It's your theory. As you note, there are many reasons and it's foolish to try and claim it's any one thing. 4 out of 5 of the lowest tax rate states have far lower unemployment than the 5 highest.

    But go ahead, tell my why that is irrelevant again. Also tell me again why Illinois had to bribe Sears to stay.
    I've been re-reading this.

    1) where did you get 4 out of 5?

    2) why only look at the extremes?

    3) Where did I claim tax rate high or low is linked to unemployment?

    As I recall, and feel free to correct me, I've only made one firm claim and one less firm claim: 1) that there is no evidence tax cuts create jobs. That's firm. And that appeasement of business has seen no job creation to speak of and that some have accepted the appeasment and left any way. Perhaps you are debating the author of the one article and not what they all report, that tax cuts don't create jobs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've been re-reading this.

    1) where did you get 4 out of 5?

    2) why only look at the extremes?

    3) Where did I claim tax rate high or low is linked to unemployment?

    As I recall, and feel free to correct me, I've only made one firm claim and one less firm claim: 1) that there is no evidence tax cuts create jobs. That's firm. And that appeasement of business has seen no job creation to speak of and that some have accepted the appeasment and left any way. Perhaps you are debating the author of the one article and not what they all report, that tax cuts don't create jobs.
    There is evidence. Your problem here is argueing classroom theory. Different economic situations call for different solutions.

  10. #310
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    an American citizen, who knowningly and consciously lays off tens of thousands of his fellow Americans, so as to move the jobs overseas to make an extra buck, is self-hating.
    that is truly devoid of rational thought or empirical evidence

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •