Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 117

Thread: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read more: h

  1. #71
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Really?? Sounds to me like he was thanking them for the help in getting the pipeline rerouted. Don't see a word that he was in favor of killing or delaying the construction permanently. In fact, he is very clear that he supports construction.

    Yep, those facts can be pesky can't they, especially when you selectively quote the governor and try to claim he is saying something 180 degrees from what he actually said.



    Want to try one more time ?
    till 2013 is permanently delayed now? Anymore stupid hyperbole?

    The state department was not the one negotiating with TransCanada, Nebraska was.

    As is customary in our state, we have found a Nebraska common sense solution that moves the route of the pipeline out of the Sand Hills. This exceptional and unusual series of events has allowed us to arrive at this solution because of Nebraskans’ ability to work in a cooperative manner
    Nice try, but once again the facts speak. That is why one of us actually linked to a source, while the other just made stuff up. And again...the conspiracy "permanently delay" stuff is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #72
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    We should just give a huge tax cut the the rich, and raise taxes on everyone else, that will stimulate the economy and create jobs, and then we can pass laws to send those jobs overseas, so business's can be more profitable and hire more people...

  3. #73
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the FICA contributions are to pay for social security. if those who expect to benefit from social security don't pay into it it won't have enough. and the dems scheme of trying to make the rich pay for other peoples' insurance contributions is both idiotic and violates the entire premise of the ponzi scheme that the dems are so proud of
    Well....excluding your partisan attacks I agree with you in the sentiment that FICA should not be cut!
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #74
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    till 2013 is permanently delayed now? Anymore stupid hyperbole?

    The state department was not the one negotiating with TransCanada, Nebraska was.



    Nice try, but once again the facts speak. That is why one of us actually linked to a source, while the other just made stuff up. And again...the conspiracy "permanently delay" stuff is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
    Ahhh, so now it is acceptable for mods to call people stupid ???

    In case you didn't figure it out, I quoted from YOUR link, that clearly said that the Republican Nebraska governor, as well as the people there were in favor of the pipeline. Even though you now attempt to switch your position, it is clear to all that followed your little diatribe that you were completely wrong, but too stubborn to admit it.

    Who said the State Department was negotiating with TransCanada and what the hell does that have to do with anything ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #75
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ahhh, so now it is acceptable for mods to call people stupid ???
    Actually he called what you said stupid.

    Not you stupid.

    Which is acceptable as your inability to make the distinction is stupid.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Actually he called what you said stupid.

    Not you stupid.

    Which is acceptable as your inability to make the distinction is stupid.
    And the difference is ????

    Let me help you out:

    He claimed that even the Republican governor of Nebraska was all for the delay.

    He posted a link to "prove" his point.

    Ooops, his link plainly said the governor was in favor of the pipeline if it could be rerouted.

    TransCanada agreed to reroute the pipeline.

    The governor announced that he and the people of Nebraska are now happy and behind the construction.

    Do you understand now, or do I need to dumb it down some more ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ahhh, so now it is acceptable for mods to call people stupid ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And the difference is ????

    Let me help you out:

    He claimed that even the Republican governor of Nebraska was all for the delay.

    He posted a link to "prove" his point.

    Ooops, his link plainly said the governor was in favor of the pipeline if it could be rerouted.

    TransCanada agreed to reroute the pipeline.

    The governor announced that he and the people of Nebraska are now happy and behind the construction.

    Do you understand now, or do I need to dumb it down some more ??
    Um.

    I really don't care about that.

    You made this claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ahhh, so now it is acceptable for mods to call people stupid ???
    And what Redress said was

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Anymore stupid hyperbole?
    He didn't call you stupid.

    He called what you said stupid.

    It's not the same thing.

    So if you're quite done foaming at the mouth...

  8. #78
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Um.

    I really don't care about that.

    You made this claim.



    And what Redress said was



    He didn't call you stupid.

    He called what you said stupid.

    It's not the same thing.

    So if you're quite done foaming at the mouth...
    Ohhh, I see, you don't have any comment on the topic. You simply want to stir up trouble. Gotcha.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #79
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ahhh, so now it is acceptable for mods to call people stupid ???

    In case you didn't figure it out, I quoted from YOUR link, that clearly said that the Republican Nebraska governor, as well as the people there were in favor of the pipeline. Even though you now attempt to switch your position, it is clear to all that followed your little diatribe that you were completely wrong, but too stubborn to admit it.

    Who said the State Department was negotiating with TransCanada and what the hell does that have to do with anything ??
    It is perfectly acceptable to call some ones comments stupid.

    No one has claimed that the Nebraska governor and people are against the pipeline. Once again facts seem to be a problem for you. Obama is not against the pipeline either. Delay != opposed to. Taking the time to get things right is a good thing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision Read mor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is perfectly acceptable to call some ones comments stupid.

    No one has claimed that the Nebraska governor and people are against the pipeline. Once again facts seem to be a problem for you. Obama is not against the pipeline either. Delay != opposed to. Taking the time to get things right is a good thing.
    Good to know. Then you shouldn't mind if I point out the idiocy of your post:

    I said:

    The Governor was praising the rerouting of the pipeline, but nice try.
    To which you replied:

    Nice try, but facts trump lies.
    And then when I proved you wrong, you accused me of stupid hyperbole.

    Care to point out where I lied..........or you could just apologize, man up, and admit I was right.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •