Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

  1. #41
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The same ones that illegals do. Are you really trying to assert that there are no companies that hire only legals in the same industries where illegals work?

    And really, stop with the minimum wage bit. It doesn't matter that its at minimum wage or not. Buisnesses hire legals to do the same work that illegals do at or above minimum wage and they still compete and succeed against those buisnesses that hire illegals.
    You brought up minimum wage -- not me.

    I was thinking specifically of farm labor, and to a somewhat lesser extent, construction labor. Those are the main areas where businesses have had trouble replacing immigrant labor.

  2. #42
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The same ones that illegals do. Are you really trying to assert that there are no companies that hire only legals in the same industries where illegals work?

    And really, stop with the minimum wage bit. It doesn't matter that its at minimum wage or not. Buisnesses hire legals to do the same work that illegals do at or above minimum wage and they still compete and succeed against those buisnesses that hire illegals.
    Stop the free government cheese and see just how quickly people become willing to take those jobs.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You brought up minimum wage -- not me.
    I said...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Some buisnesses sueing does not = bad economy. It does = buisnesses that don't want to pay at least minimum wage to thier employee's.
    Note the bold and underlined part. I did not restrict our conversation to strictly minimum wage.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I was thinking specifically of farm labor, and to a somewhat lesser extent, construction labor. Those are the main areas where businesses have had trouble replacing immigrant labor.
    So you think that there are no legals working in those jobs?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #44
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    Yes we did, through a constitutional amendment. If you want to try and pass an amendment to the Constitution to allow the states to regulate naturalization and immigration,then go for it.
    Actually, most constitutional amendments, like the income tax, were put into practice years before they got added to the document.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Stop the free government cheese and see just how quickly people become willing to take those jobs.
    People are willing to take those jobs even with the "government cheese". Or are you saying that those on welfare are lazy?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #46
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    People are willing to take those jobs even with the "government cheese". Or are you saying that those on welfare are lazy?
    No, but there are PLENTY of people living in FL right now with about a gazzilion kids, no job, and they get everything they need to live for free, or right next to it. Meanwhile they refuse to work such illustrious jobs as picking oranges, or even joining road crews, for no better reason than...they don't HAVE to.

    If you don't HAVE to do something, why would you? Why work hard for the same standard of living that your neighbor enjoys, and enjoys for doing nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #47
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    There are a ton of other federal offenses that states can and do, and ARE required to oversee, enforce, prevent, and punish.


    Why should upholding and enforcing existing immigration law be any different?

    I think it's funny and highly revealing that the same liberals who would refer to the Constitution as being some dated document that needs to be changed to fit with the times, would point to it now, as if set in stone, concerning this issue, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  8. #48
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    People are willing to take those jobs even with the "government cheese". Or are you saying that those on welfare are lazy?
    I'm sure you're right -- these Alabama farmers are just lying ... because ... they just ove illegal aliens. Or something.

    UPDATED (4): Farmers call for halt to new law (WITH VIDEOS) Top News CullmanTimes.com - Cullman, Alabama

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm sure you're right -- these Alabama farmers are just lying ... because ... they just ove illegal aliens. Or something.

    UPDATED (4): Farmers call for halt to new law (WITH VIDEOS) Top News CullmanTimes.com - Cullman, Alabama
    And you still evade my questions.

    And what is more likely?

    A few farmers are lying so that they don't have to pay thier workers more money?

    Or

    There are lots of buisnesses that hire only legals for the same exact work that those farmers claim "no american will do"?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #50
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Supreme Court will hear Arizona immigration case

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    There are a ton of other federal offenses that states can and do, and ARE required to oversee, enforce, prevent, and punish.


    Why should upholding and enforcing existing immigration law be any different?

    I think it's funny and highly revealing that the same liberals who would refer to the Constitution as being some dated document that needs to be changed to fit with the times, would point to it now, as if set in stone, concerning this issue, lol.
    The general rule is that states can enforce federal *criminal* law but not federal civil law (without explicit permission). Immigration status is a civil matter. In other words, this isn't a case of the states doing what states normally do. It would be an unusual expansion of state enforcement power.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •