Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You have no right to invoke history. You fail miserably.
    Gee, is it really within your power to claim another poster has no right to invoke history?

    Perhaps you overestimate your authority.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    spewing liberals? Please don't waist our time? Who is our, do you represent everyone on this forum? I think maybe you should speak for yourself.
    Careful, or he'll remove your right to invoke history!!

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The "state" no...but a whole lot of people including clerical leaders believe it is the 'right' thing to do (and those clerical leaders tend to be the ones sanctioning things like the OP in fundamentalist states). Where? New York (wife) Texas (twin daughters), Georgia, Canada, lots of others. All in the name of love.
    Let no one ever make the claim that Canada is falling behind in this honor killing trend. Multiple honor killings in Canada: "God's curse on them for generations. May the devil ... (expletive) on their graves ... They betrayed Islam." - Jihad Watch

    While Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is still not covered under the Canadian health care system, we progressives are hopeful that this will soon be changed. This is, after all, 2011 and we are all living in a fantastic and exciting multicultural world where Islamic traditions must be respected and honored. It's just the liberal thing to do.

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,909

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The "state" no...but a whole lot of people including clerical leaders believe it is the 'right' thing to do (and those clerical leaders tend to be the ones sanctioning things like the OP in fundamentalist states). Where? New York (wife) Texas (twin daughters), Georgia, Canada, lots of others. All in the name of love.
    You said "Dont know why this is such a crazy and outlandish thing. Some daddy here in THIS country beheaded his own daughter to save her honor because she was dating the wrong guy."

    Who are these "whole lot of people including clerical leaders" in the US that believe it's the right thing to do? One? Two? Three morons? What percentage of the 8 Million American Muslims are you suggesting support something like that? Do you have anything to back up your statement?
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,909

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    While Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is still not covered under the Canadian health care system, we progressives are hopeful that this will soon be changed. This is, after all, 2011 and we are all living in a fantastic and exciting multicultural world where Islamic traditions must be respected and honored. It's just the liberal thing to do.
    I would hope that people will continue to speak out against FGM and continue to promote it's eradication.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    You said "Dont know why this is such a crazy and outlandish thing. Some daddy here in THIS country beheaded his own daughter to save her honor because she was dating the wrong guy."

    Who are these "whole lot of people including clerical leaders" in the US that believe it's the right thing to do? One? Two? Three morons? What percentage of the 8 Million American Muslims are you suggesting support something like that? Do you have anything to back up your statement?
    I doubt that there has ever been a survey done of American Muslims attitudes toward honor killings so your guess at "One? Two? Three morons?" is likely inaccurate.

    We do now that American Muslims do have some strange opinions and beliefs so a survey on their attitudes toward honor killings could make for interesting reading.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I would hope that people will continue to speak out against FGM and continue to promote it's eradication.
    More Islamophobia!

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,909

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I doubt that there has ever been a survey done of American Muslims attitudes toward honor killings so your guess at "One? Two? Three morons?" is likely inaccurate.
    So in other words there is nothing to back up Vances statement? Thanks for clarifying.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  9. #69
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    You said "Dont know why this is such a crazy and outlandish thing. Some daddy here in THIS country beheaded his own daughter to save her honor because she was dating the wrong guy."

    Who are these "whole lot of people including clerical leaders" in the US that believe it's the right thing to do? One? Two? Three morons? What percentage of the 8 Million American Muslims are you suggesting support something like that? Do you have anything to back up your statement?
    Total numbers? Nah...but enough that the FBI thinks they represent a significant threat. FBI Training Materials: Mainstream Muslims Are Violent, Radical | Top Secret America | FRONTLINE | PBS

    Oh...I could post dozens of Youtube videos showing violent diatribes by American Muslims...but you would just poo poo them as not being representative of ALL...to which I would agree. I could post videos of Muslim terror training camps in America, but again...you would just dismiss them as the fringe and not ALL Muslims to which again, I would AGREE. I could point out the leaders and membership of the Nation of Islam and pose a query as to your thoughts on their allegiance. Like Muslims worldwide, the MAJORITY are peaceful...but its that distinct minority that think it is glorious to rape and behead 12 year old schoolgirls in India or rape and torture to death families in Tibet that always cause the problem.

    And since you are pointing out majorities...what percentage of Saudis do you think are fundamentalist Muslims, and how many are third country nationals not at all affiliated with Muslims? How many are businessmen that follow the faith because if they dont they get beat down by religious police with orange beards and bamboo canes? How many are members of the Saudi royal family that only go along with the religious fundamentalists to maintain power and balance in SA? How many are Bedouins, similarly managing tenuous relations with fundamentalist extremists?

  10. #70
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Saudi Arabia executes woman convicted of 'sorcery'

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I would hope that people will continue to speak out against FGM and continue to promote it's eradication.
    And the honor killings. Don t forget the honor killings.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •