Notice the date on the Department of Justice website that proves Holder knew about Fast and Furious and the date he said he first heard about it before changing his story from "a few weeks earlier" to a "couple of months earlier." The truth is it more than a couple of years earlier Holder knew about the operation.
Welcome to the United States Department of Justice
Holder Admits Lies in Fast and Furious, Refuses to ResignAttorney General Eric Holder at the Mexico/United States Arms Trafficking Conference
CUERNAVACA, MEXICO ~ Thursday, April 2, 2009
excerpt from Holder's speech:
Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail.
In May (2011) Holder testified before Congress — under oath — that he had learned about the gun-running scheme only “in the last few weeks.” But last week, he changed his story after it became well known via the Justice Department’s own documents that his claim was completely false.
“In my testimony before the House committee, I did say ‘a few weeks.’ I probably could have said ‘a couple of months,’” Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee on November 8. “I don’t think that what I said in terms of using the term ‘a few weeks’ was inaccurate, based on what happened.”
So it wasn't two weeks or even two months earlier Holder knew about Operation Fast and Furious it was more than two years earlier and holder himself presented the information about the program at the Mexico/United States Arms Trafficking Conference in Cuernavaca, Mexico.