Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 264

Thread: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    That doesn't always work. People are all about instant gratification. They worry about the consequences later on.
    Then they get to endure those consequences. Like my mother's best friend growing up in a small town in Minnesota whose family threw her out for getting pregnant before she got married.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Uh... what? What did the child do wrong? The child had nothing to do with the poor decisions of the parents. Why should the child have to suffer?
    That's called LIFE. It isn't Fair. It isn't Pleasant. It's just LIFE.


    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    Great, so is everybody else on here. I don't see anybody forcing Plan B down any girl's throat. And this forum isn't about terminating a pregnancy. You have no problem with contraceptives??? Then stop whining about Plan B!!
    I have no problem with contraceptives used BEFORE the sexual act is carried out. I have MAJOR problems with them being used AFTER the act. I explained this earlier.

  2. #62
    User Calix Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    There are too many unwanted pregnancies around, why prevent something such as a pill that prevents pregnancy? As long as the person taking it has been educated about the particular drug/medication they are taking and are aware of potential dangers then I say give them the liberty to do as they will with their bodies.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Calix Chris View Post
    There are too many unwanted pregnancies around, why prevent something such as a pill that prevents pregnancy? As long as the person taking it has been educated about the particular drug/medication they are taking and are aware of potential dangers then I say give them the liberty to do as they will with their bodies.
    I've got a better idea.... how about preventing the act that caused the pregnancy, instead? I'm sure a good, solid chastity belt would do the trick in most cases. Some solid parenting might even work in some situations.

  4. #64
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Tigger, I once went to clinic where they give out plan B. I told the woman I spoke to about my situation and she told me that I could take 2 of my regular birth control and 2 again in twelve hours instead of the morning after pill. I don't think it works much different than a large dose of a regular pill, an IUD or even Nuvaring but I could be wrong. I will research it later.

    I appreciate that you say that your views are not typical and I realize that no matter the LOGIC and FACT I present you, you will not agree with what I say so I will no longer try to change your opinion and I encourage others to do the same.

    I do, however, want some more clarification on your point of before and after? I am just curious as to what distinction you make in your head. Both methods stop the eggs from being fertilized not stopping a fertilization from causing a life. If there were a method, that you took the day after you have sex that works the same way as a pill (whatever that is), would you be alright with it? Are you opposed to the method or the timing? I realize that there is not currently any medicine that acts in this way but it is a hypothetical.

  5. #65
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I've got a better idea.... how about preventing the act that caused the pregnancy, instead? I'm sure a good, solid chastity belt would do the trick in most cases. Some solid parenting might even work in some situations.
    I am 21. I am an engineering student. I will graduate with a double major in that in 4.5 years total in college. I consider myself very well raised. I have several friends who were raised with even better parenting than me and completely different. I currently know 1 person who is still a virgin and only about 2 people who were still a virgin by the time we got to college. I don't think parenting makes that big of a difference in this. The LARGE majority of people have sex before they could raise a child. I think it is better to prepare them to deal with problems and be responsible about your choices (Use a condom/ birth control pills/ disease tests) than ignore the fact that it is going to happen. Just my opinion though.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    I do, however, want some more clarification on your point of before and after? I am just curious as to what distinction you make in your head. Both methods stop the eggs from being fertilized not stopping a fertilization from causing a life. If there were a method, that you took the day after you have sex that works the same way as a pill (whatever that is), would you be alright with it? Are you opposed to the method or the timing? I realize that there is not currently any medicine that acts in this way but it is a hypothetical.
    It's a little of both, but the TIMING is a major issue for me. If there were a medication that prevented the fertilization of the egg which could be taken after the sexual act was already over I would be LESS unhappy with it. It still would not be something I would use, would suggest, or would agree with; but it would be better than what I believe we have now. I have been under the impression that this Plan B drug does not stop fertilization but rather prevents the fertilized egg from attaching itself to the uterus. I may be wrong in that regard. Either way, I am not going to be in favor of anything that is used AFTER the consentual act has already been performed.

  7. #67
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    That's called LIFE. It isn't Fair. It isn't Pleasant. It's just LIFE.
    The same could be said about abortion or Plan B. It seems incredibly selfish to me that you are okay with a child having a potentially horrible life just because you have a moral objection to what some woman you don't know does to her own body.

    I have no problem with contraceptives used BEFORE the sexual act is carried out. I have MAJOR problems with them being used AFTER the act. I explained this earlier.
    Oh, I know you did. It still doesn't make sense to me and I still don't agree.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    The same could be said about abortion or Plan B. It seems incredibly selfish to me that you are okay with a child having a potentially horrible life just because you have a moral objection to what some woman you don't know does to her own body.
    Realizing that if my own parents had followed a philosophy similar to what you're promoting there's a damn good chance that I would never have been born; I think I've got a stake in the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Oh, I know you did. It still doesn't make sense to me and I still don't agree.
    That's fine. In this country you have a Constitutionally guaranteed freedom to be wrong.

  9. #69
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    It's a little of both, but the TIMING is a major issue for me. If there were a medication that prevented the fertilization of the egg which could be taken after the sexual act was already over I would be LESS unhappy with it. It still would not be something I would use, would suggest, or would agree with; but it would be better than what I believe we have now. I have been under the impression that this Plan B drug does not stop fertilization but rather prevents the fertilized egg from attaching itself to the uterus. I may be wrong in that regard. Either way, I am not going to be in favor of anything that is used AFTER the consentual act has already been performed.
    Can you explain why you think the timing of the act makes a difference or is it just one of those things you can't explain?

  10. #70
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Realizing that if my own parents had followed a philosophy similar to what you're promoting there's a damn good chance that I would never have been born; I think I've got a stake in the discussion.
    You and many other pro-life people feel that pro-choice people are, in fact, pro-abortion. Whatever your perception of my philosophy is, you are wrong. I am pro-choice, and yet I have a 4 month old child with my wife. Imagine that...

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •