Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 264

Thread: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

  1. #231
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Regular BC is easy to get, and usually cheaper
    And if you are a high school student or college student...sometimes free.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  2. #232
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Regular BC is easy to get, and usually cheaper
    I agree but plan B would be easier to get at that point and as someone pointed out money is not always a problem for people. I think that offering it on the shelves is a bad idea. I think it should be offered behind the counter in a similar manner as cold medicine is.

  3. #233
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    I agree but plan B would be easier to get at that point and as someone pointed out money is not always a problem for people. I think that offering it on the shelves is a bad idea. I think it should be offered behind the counter in a similar manner as cold medicine is.
    As long as it is available...fine. Let the states determine if it is in front of the counter or behind the counter the same as cold medicine.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #234
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    I agree but plan B would be easier to get at that point and as someone pointed out money is not always a problem for people. I think that offering it on the shelves is a bad idea. I think it should be offered behind the counter in a similar manner as cold medicine is.
    Money may not be a problem, but finding a pharmacy with Plan B might. I assume that almost every pharmacy carries regular BC
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #235
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-03-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Does anybody have any evidence besides speculation that women are using plan B as a primary form of birth control??? Paying $50 for a pill every time you have sex vs getting low cost or free (more effective) birth control pills just doesn't make sense. Again, I don't people are this stupid.

  6. #236
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    Does anybody have any evidence besides speculation that women are using plan B as a primary form of birth control??? Paying $50 for a pill every time you have sex vs getting low cost or free (more effective) birth control pills just doesn't make sense. Again, I don't people are this stupid.
    I have my doubts about there being any limits to stupidity, but I do doubt the honesty of those speculations
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #237
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I have my doubts about there being any limits to stupidity, but I do doubt the honesty of those speculations
    There has to be one. But irrelevant.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #238
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Money may not be a problem, but finding a pharmacy with Plan B might. I assume that almost every pharmacy carries regular BC
    If you have a prescription. What is the advantage of having it offered on the shelves?

  9. #239
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    If you have a prescription. What is the advantage of having it offered on the shelves?
    This has already been posted several times. I see no reason to post something if it's just going to be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #240
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    Does anybody have any evidence besides speculation that women are using plan B as a primary form of birth control??? Paying $50 for a pill every time you have sex vs getting low cost or free (more effective) birth control pills just doesn't make sense. Again, I don't people are this stupid.
    As I said earlier, I know someone who has taken Plan B at least once (and thought about taking it at least 2 other times that I know of) within about 4 or 5 months, as the longest time span. She did not think that she would be able to take regular birth control (remembering to take it every day, kinda big to begin with and knew someone who gained lots of weight with depo). I do not doubt that there are plenty of other women out there who would feel the same way.

    Heck, when there is a woman out there who admits to having already had 15+ actual abortions (which are more expensive than bc or Plan B almost certainly), I do not doubt that there are lots of women who would consider Plan B to be much more convenient than birth control, since they would be taking it after the fact, not remembering to take it every day to prevent pregnancy.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •