Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 264

Thread: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    Therefore if you are pregnant it will not have ANY effect! If a fertilized egg is not implanted it is not a life.
    If it is fertilized it is life. What is your reason for saying it's not?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    Can you explain why you think the timing of the act makes a difference or is it just one of those things you can't explain?
    It has to do with my Spiritual beliefs as much as anything else. I feel that at the moment you choose to engage in the act, and take whatever contraceptive measures you feel are necessary you then put things in Fate's hands. To then say... "Well, I want a second chance at overturning Fate's choice is very bad form, if you will. You rolled the dice and now it seems like you want a second shot at it just in case it didn't turn out like you want it to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    You and many other pro-life people feel that pro-choice people are, in fact, pro-abortion. Whatever your perception of my philosophy is, you are wrong. I am pro-choice, and yet I have a 4 month old child with my wife. Imagine that...
    Okay. Now if you and your wife knew that your child had a significant, obvious birth defect that would likely mean they would not be able to have a normal life; would you have continued with the pregnancy? That was what my parents were faced with.... a child who should NOT have been able to graduate high school, live on his own, work, etc.... They had it suggested to them at least twice that it might not be the worst thing if she "lost" the child.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    Therefore if you are pregnant it will not have ANY effect! If a fertilized egg is not implanted it is not a life.
    See, that is where we will disagree. I (and many others) are of the belief that the moment the egg is fertilized that it IS a life.

  4. #94
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Doesn't matter, it is less than one percent. My point is that the idea a horrible life is worse than what abortion causes is not supported by the numbers.
    Where are these numbers? Which poll are you referencing?

    My argument is not emotional. Whatever other people use in their debates is their problem.
    Abortion in and of itself is an emotional argument.

  5. #95
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Okay. Now if you and your wife knew that your child had a significant, obvious birth defect that would likely mean they would not be able to have a normal life; would you have continued with the pregnancy? That was what my parents were faced with.... a child who should NOT have been able to graduate high school, live on his own, work, etc.... They had it suggested to them at least twice that it might not be the worst thing if she "lost" the child.
    Yes, we would have. We wanted kids for a long time. She didn't think she could have kids, but we did. That has absolutely nothing to do with my pro-choice views. I think you have a lot of misconceptions about people who are pro-choice. Granted, some people would terminate a pregnancy if they knew that their child would have a birth defect. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not that way.
    Last edited by Dr_Patrick; 12-09-11 at 04:33 PM.

  6. #96
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If it is fertilized it is life. What is your reason for saying it's not?
    Perhaps because the vast majority of fertilized eggs never implant, and thus never become fetuses or live babies. Without implantation you cannot have ongoing development and life.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #97
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Perhaps because the vast majority of fertilized eggs never implant, and thus never become fetuses or live babies. Without implantation you cannot have ongoing development and life.
    Exactly. And better written then how I would have said it. Mirena (an IUD) works in part by " by thickening a woman's cervical mucus. The mucus blocks sperm and keeps it from joining with an egg."

    Pretty much from a little research you see that Plan B works the same way as many birth control pills work. Are you also against birth control pills?

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    I think it was the right decision to make. You don't want such a drug to be used haphazardly. It's bad enough that teenagers are having sex younger and younger these days. You give them the freedom to go to the drug store (or any convenient store for that matter) and pick up a pack of Plan B pills as easily as one can take Tylenol off the shelf and you're just asking for trouble.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 12-09-11 at 04:50 PM.

  9. #99
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I think it was the right decision to make. You don't want such a drug to be used haphazardly. It's bad enough that teenagers are having sex younger and younger these days. You give them the freedom to go to the drug store (or any convenient store for that matter) and pick up a pack of Plan B pills as easily as one can take Tylenol off the shelf and you're just asking for trouble.
    Its a $50 pill. I don't think its quite like buying Tylenol.

  10. #100
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Plan B will continue to be offered ONLY behind the counter

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetosing4678 View Post
    Exactly. And better written then how I would have said it. Mirena (an IUD) works in part by " by thickening a woman's cervical mucus. The mucus blocks sperm and keeps it from joining with an egg."

    Pretty much from a little research you see that Plan B works the same way as many birth control pills work. Are you also against birth control pills?
    Are you asking me or posters in general? I take birth control, used Plan B, and am pro-choice....
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •