Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

  1. #41
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post


    The US occupies Iraq and Afghanistan. They have close ties with Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. They have maneuvered diplomatically, politically and militarily to literally surround Iran with enemies.

    Who is the aggressor here again?
    Iran. /Thread
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #42
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant

    Im saying that if Iran makes any aggressive threats
    Please let me know if you think any of these are aggressive threats to the US:

    1. Iranian-caused explosions on American territory.
    2. The murder of top American nuclear scientists.
    3. Sophisticated cyberattacks affecting American infrastructure and top nuclear research facilities.
    4. The funding and support of an American anti-government revolutionary cult.
    5. The invasion and occupation of Mexico and Canada.

    Would not the world be better off without these misogynists, these hateful religious fanatics who destroy human lives because of their insane seventh century mindsets?
    The Iranians for the most part have only been internally oppressive, but no more or less so than other US allies in the region.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  3. #43
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    America is the aggressor!

    It must be destroyed!!
    Your point is moot. Democrats and Republicans already did that.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #44
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    The US occupies Iraq and Afghanistan. They have close ties with Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. They have maneuvered diplomatically, politically and militarily to literally surround Iran with enemies.

    Who is the aggressor here again?
    Really? And North Korea?

    If everyone around hates them, it must be because of outside trouble making. What?

  5. #45
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm
    If everyone around hates them
    Nobody said anything about hating.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  6. #46
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Its not me whos doing the whining.

    Im saying that if Iran makes any aggressive threats whatsoever that they should either be withdrawn immediately or a daisy cutter is released on those making the threats.
    The US has been far more violent and destabilizing to the Middle East than Iran has. Whereas the US can't seem to go more than a few years without getting into a war in the Middle East, Iran hasn't fought a war against any other country in a very long time (except for the war against Saddam Hussein, which was fought primarily on Iranian soil and which Iran did not start.) That's not to say that they couldn't become a threat in the future, but most of the people who live in the Middle East perceive the US as a far greater threat to them than Iran is. I see no reason to substitute the judgment of Americans (or more accurately, the judgment of right-wing Americans) for theirs. It's patronizing and patriarchal to argue that we know what's best for them.

    Would not the world be better off without these misogynists, these hateful religious fanatics who destroy human lives because of their insane seventh century mindsets?
    Sure. But the world would also be better off if the United States stopped starting wars in the Middle East.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 12-07-11 at 12:08 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Please let me know if you think any of these are aggressive threats to the US:

    1. Iranian-caused explosions on American territory.
    2. The murder of top American nuclear scientists.
    3. Sophisticated cyberattacks affecting American infrastructure and top nuclear research facilities.
    4. The funding and support of an American anti-government revolutionary cult.
    5. The invasion and occupation of Mexico and Canada.



    The Iranians for the most part have only been internally oppressive, but no more or less so than other US allies in the region.
    Yes, they have been internally oppressive, which is evidence of pent up aggression and moral failings. They are therefore not to be trusted in any sense, but in particular with nuclear weapons.

    There is evidence that they have gone international with their mischief. It seems the world would be a better and safer place without them.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    You did not respond to the post that you quoted, Grant:

    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    View Post
    Please let me know if you think any of these are aggressive threats to the US:

    1. Iranian-caused explosions on American territory.
    2. The murder of top American nuclear scientists.
    3. Sophisticated cyberattacks affecting American infrastructure and top nuclear research facilities.
    4. The funding and support of an American anti-government revolutionary cult.
    5. The invasion and occupation of Mexico and Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Yes, they have been internally oppressive, which is evidence of pent up aggression and moral failings. They are therefore not to be trusted in any sense
    Again, from the post you quoted:

    Quote Originally Posted by Me


    The Iranians for the most part have only been internally oppressive, but no more or less so than other US allies in the region.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 12-07-11 at 12:17 PM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,064

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    if one fears Iran's current government, the most prudent policy would be to get our nation uncoupled from the oil model.

    i'd choose defunding them in this way rather than another decades-long pre-emptive war.

  10. #50
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    if one fears Iran's current government, the most prudent policy would be to get our nation uncoupled from the oil model.

    i'd choose defunding them in this way rather than another decades-long pre-emptive war.
    We get a negligable amount of oil from Iran. It could be gone and we would not notice, much like potential domestic drilling (jobs aside). No amount of funding for renewable energy is going to change Iran or our policy towards the country.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 12-07-11 at 12:49 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •