Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Much like no one justifies the "dirty hippie" or "vermin" arguments. blah blah blah propaganda against OWS. I stand strong by free speech as well. I never once endorsed police action against propaganda and retard arguments. Y'all can have a field day with it. Now which one of us here IS endorsing police action against a right? A man you just called a retarded argument retarded, or the ones endorsing police action against a group's ability to assemble and protest?

    BTW, did you actually read the post I quoted and called propaganda and retarded argument? Cause it was propaganda and retarded argument. If you don't like it; well I guess that's your problem. But I'll continue to call a duck a duck; even if you don't like it.
    Iīm not arguing against your right to use the terms "retarded argument" or "propaganda" , and the other poster has the same rights. You use "retarded argument" while others view the OWS as "vermin". I don't see a great deal of difference between the two. It seems to me your argument is poorly thought out but thatīs not mentioned in the Constitution.

    And again, it is a matter of the form any protests take and whether it deters anyone else from going about their lawful rights as well. It appears that these protesters, who for the most part are not terribly bright, are indeed not allowing others to carry on business as usual. Those who are suffering as a result of the actions of these inarticulate boobs will want to extract their revenge and the whole thing will escalate, Constitution or no. Common sense will be ignored or go unrecognized.

    While these undereducated ninnies wrap themselves in the Constitution, when it suits them, they are also deterring others from their same Constitutional rights.

    "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel", said Samuel Johnson, while the inarticulate zombies who dirty wherever they gather, take refuge in the Constitution, their first refuge, but only when it suits them alone.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Iīm not arguing against your right to use the terms "retarded argument" or "propaganda" , and the other poster has the same rights. You use "retarded argument" while others view the OWS as "vermin". I don't see a great deal of difference between the two. It seems to me your argument is poorly thought out but thatīs not mentioned in the Constitution.

    And again, it is a matter of the form any protests take and whether it deters anyone else from going about their lawful rights as well. It appears that these protesters, who for the most part are not terribly bright, are indeed not allowing others to carry on business as usual. Those who are suffering as a result of the actions of these inarticulate boobs will want to extract their revenge and the whole thing will escalate, Constitution or no. Common sense will be ignored or go unrecognized.

    While these undereducated ninnies wrap themselves in the Constitution, when it suits them, they are also deterring others from their same Constitutional rights.

    "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel", said Samuel Johnson, while the inarticulate zombies who dirty wherever they gather, take refuge in the Constitution, their first refuge, but only when it suits them alone.
    No, when people use a retarded argument such as what was given and use propaganda terms like "vermin", then that's what it is. You yourself engage in propaganda. You don't prove your point either, you just want to sit here and insult the protesters and pretend this case is actually about them. It's not. The barricades were already down in that area, the protest more contained to a local area (I like how we have to "contain" protest these days; nothing like caging freedom). Maybe this dude's cafe just sucks. We don't know. What we do know is that the same partisan hacks who have been hacking it up during the OWS wouldn't let this go unheard and have used it for another propaganda attack against OWS.

    It's obvious which people have actually taken interest and have tried to figure out what OWS was up to and those who are just partisan hacks and only want to insult it and the people in it. The latter group should mostly be ignored, but unfortunately jerks tend to be the loudest group.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, when people use a retarded argument such as what was given and use propaganda terms like "vermin", then that's what it is. You yourself engage in propaganda. You don't prove your point either, you just want to sit here and insult the protesters and pretend this case is actually about them. It's not. The barricades were already down in that area, the protest more contained to a local area (I like how we have to "contain" protest these days; nothing like caging freedom). Maybe this dude's cafe just sucks. We don't know. What we do know is that the same partisan hacks who have been hacking it up during the OWS wouldn't let this go unheard and have used it for another propaganda attack against OWS.

    It's obvious which people have actually taken interest and have tried to figure out what OWS was up to and those who are just partisan hacks and only want to insult it and the people in it. The latter group should mostly be ignored, but unfortunately jerks tend to be the loudest group.
    The OWS invite insults, and in fact appear to go out of their way to provoke them.

    Itīs clear we cannot have a serious discussion about their motives or effectiveness of their argument as their is little of it, so we discuss only their anti social behavior. Thatīs it.

    There is really nothing in their protest that appeals to the intellect, and they already have the ear pf the POTUS. What more do they want to accomplish and what can they accomplish? It is protests for protests sake, and nothing more. They are not a sympathetic group.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The OWS invite insults, and in fact appear to go out of their way to provoke them.
    Only from stupid people. The rest of us learned to ignore them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Itīs clear we cannot have a serious discussion about their motives or effectiveness of their argument as their is little of it, so we discuss only their anti social behavior. Thatīs it.
    It's clear? No, the discussion can be had if not for partisan hacks spewing their idiotic propaganda that they obviously invested little time, energy, and thought into. I mean if you're going to engage in propaganda, at least try to do a good job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There is really nothing in their protest that appeals to the intellect, and they already have the ear pf the POTUS. What more do they want to accomplish and what can they accomplish? It is protests for protests sake, and nothing more. They are not a sympathetic group.
    There's quite a bit that appeals to intellect if one really wanted to look at the system honestly. But if you can't look at the system honestly and can only be a biased partisan hack, then you'll never be able to understand the interesting dynamics and goals and thoughts of the protesters.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, when people use a retarded argument such as what was given and use propaganda terms like "vermin", then that's what it is. You yourself engage in propaganda. You don't prove your point either, you just want to sit here and insult the protesters and pretend this case is actually about them. It's not. The barricades were already down in that area, the protest more contained to a local area (I like how we have to "contain" protest these days; nothing like caging freedom). Maybe this dude's cafe just sucks. We don't know. What we do know is that the same partisan hacks who have been hacking it up during the OWS wouldn't let this go unheard and have used it for another propaganda attack against OWS.
    Why is it a "propaganda attack" rather than just voicing an opinion? Who is "caging freedom"? Is that another example of "propaganda"?

    It's obvious which people have actually taken interest and have tried to figure out what OWS was up to and those who are just partisan hacks and only want to insult it and the people in it. The latter group should mostly be ignored, but unfortunately jerks tend to be the loudest group.
    Many are trying to figure out what OWS are up to but it seems most of these people cannot go beyond their cliches or what they want done. Though they might be well intentioned, they are obviously not very bright.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There's quite a bit that appeals to intellect if one really wanted to look at the system honestly. But if you can't look at the system honestly and can only be a biased partisan hack, then you'll never be able to understand the interesting dynamics and goals and thoughts of the protesters.
    There has been appeal to the intellect and if there were we could be discussing that right now. Bur you cannot seriously articulate their message, nor can I. They want to stop Wall Street corruption? Great! Letīs do it.

    Anything else?

  7. #67
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    how many biased anti-OWS threads are you going to make today?
    what does this have to do with discussing the OP? So what is your take on the OWS impact on the Cafe business?
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  8. #68
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Many are trying to figure out what OWS are up to
    There is no organized point of the OWS movement. People are joining it for random reasons or because they are mad about being broke (many by thier own faults but not all)

    Though they might be well intentioned, they are obviously not very bright.
    They are a bunch of individuals and thats the problem. I am sure many are bright and many aren't. They need to organize, decide what they are fighting for, and do it legally.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    If I had a business, and it was severely damaged and on the brink of shutting down because of the OWS occupations, I would think that person and those who sympathize with him/her have a valid reason to express their opinions. Using a qualizfier, I dislike how some of the OWS are acting like complete idiots.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    ....So what is your take on the OWS impact on the Cafe business?
    I don't know enough details to comment either way.

    what is the location of the business? how far away were the closest barriers?

    maybe this prick is just scapegoating OWS for his poor customer-service skills or poor quality goods.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •