Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

  1. #21
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake
    I will also place blame on the authorities for not removing the barricades sooner
    According to authorities, they were removed sooner. Did you even read the article you posted before descending into your typical anti-OWS vitriol?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #22
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    The OP has absolutely, literally, zero point to it. The article is about the cafe owner whining about barricades being up and hindering his business to the extent that he might have to close, when the reality is that those barricades haven't existed for some time. So where's the story here?
    Its because its a repost of the original story that ran about 34 days ago.

    Marc Esptein, Owner Of Milk Street Cafe On Wall Street, Says Barriers Put Up Because Of Occupy Wall Street Demonstration Are Killing His Business « CBS New York

    They moved the barricades, but the foot traffic didn't return. Sucks to be him.
    Last edited by Samhain; 12-05-11 at 05:36 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    This all stemmed from the OWS. Therefore, the OWS is to blame for this. I will also place blame on the authorities for not removing the barricades sooner, yet those barricades would not be needed if the OWS had actually been peaceful and not ****** up the city.
    the occupation of Zuccotti Park was peaceful. there is no evidence that the NYPD set up the barricades to "prevent violence".

  4. #24
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    the occupation of Zuccotti Park was peaceful. there is no evidence that the NYPD set up the barricades to "prevent violence".
    Any time there are large crowds barricades are set up to direct traffic. You'd see the same thing at Comicon.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Any time there are large crowds barricades are set up to direct traffic. You'd see the same thing at Comicon.
    Um.....its very simple: setting up barricades around Zuccotti Park while leaving the sidewalk open, wouldn't hurt any businesses.

    There are no businesses adjacent to the park. There is a street & large office building to its north, a large street to its west & east, and more offices to the south.
    Last edited by Thunder; 12-05-11 at 06:40 PM.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    its a personal attack. and I have dealt with it as such.
    Moderator's Warning:
    New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner SaysIf you feel a post violates the rules, report it and do not respond inthread. If you continue to derail threads like this, you will be infracted yourself.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    As far as the “Occupy” vermin are concerned, the cafe's owner is surely a filthy evil capitalist who made his wealth by exploiting workers and consumers and destroying the environment. They probably are proud to take him down.
    With the surname "Epstein" they assume he is a Zionist .... he is a prime target for the Occutards. All one has to do is look at the OWS signs to figure this out.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    how many cafes have closed due to large corporations outsourcing our manufacturing sector?

    how many cafes have closed due to the fallout caused by the risky gambling of corporate elites?

    how many cafes have closed due to restricted lending while those same banks enjoy loans from the fed whenever they need them?

    more than one, that's for sure.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    With the surname "Epstein" they assume he is a Zionist .... he is a prime target for the Occutards. All one has to do is look at the OWS signs to figure this out.
    meanwhile, OWS at Zuccotti Park had weekly Jewish religious ceremonies.

    your anti-Semitism/anti-Israel strawman is just that, a strawman.

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,837

    Re: New York City Cafe May Shut Its Doors for Good Due to 'Occupy,' Owner Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    As far as the “Occupy” vermin are concerned, the cafe's owner is surely a filthy evil capitalist who made his wealth by exploiting workers and consumers and destroying the environment. They probably are proud to take him down.
    It's easier to just dehumanize someone than it is to address their concerns, isn't it?

    You just called human beings vermin. You should reflect on what that says about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    With the surname "Epstein" they assume he is a Zionist .... he is a prime target for the Occutards. All one has to do is look at the OWS signs to figure this out.
    All one has to do is listen to Rush Limbaugh, you mean.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •