Page 86 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #851
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please tell me what legislation Obama proposed and then signed which kept us out of a depression?
    Why dont you try reading the report goldenboy posted.

  2. #852
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please tell me what legislation Obama proposed and then signed which kept us out of a depression?
    What do you think would have happened had GM and the banks fell, adn people like teachers and firefighters lost their jobs?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #853
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, yes, the Obama results are to be ignored and certainly aren't facts. Guess those non facts are why Obama is doing so well in the JAR polls
    Then start a thread and discuss that topic there. There is no need to flood this thread with an irrelevant opinion (that you have already expressed ad nauseam).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #854
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What do you think would have happened had GM and the banks fell, adn people like teachers and firefighters lost their jobs?
    How do you know that GM would have gone out of business? Did United Go out of Business? How about other businesses that declared bankruptcy and returned to prominence. You want badly to believe Obama saved the company but what Obama did was save the unions and that doesn't benefit the economy

  5. #855
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please tell me what legislation Obama proposed and then signed which kept us out of a depression?
    What do you have against unbiased quantitative data analysis? You have been provided a most relevant source; there is no need to duck it because it does not adhere to your ideology.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #856
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Then start a thread and discuss that topic there. There is no need to flood this thread with an irrelevant opinion (that you have already expressed ad nauseam).
    What do any of your posts have to do with the thread topic? Posting Obama results refutes the thread claims of economic improvement

  7. #857
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Posting Obama results refutes the thread claims of economic improvement
    Uhmm no it doesn't.

  8. #858
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know that GM would have gone out of business? Did United Go out of Business? How about other businesses that declared bankruptcy and returned to prominence. You want badly to believe Obama saved the company but what Obama did was save the unions and that doesn't benefit the economy
    GM came hat in hand, so they thought they would. But I offered more than that, and there is a report there for you to read as well. Can it be you're not interested in the facts at all?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #859
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    What do you have against unbiased quantitative data analysis? You have been provided a most relevant source; there is no need to duck it because it does not adhere to your ideology.
    Not a thing, love book smart people, just prefer street smarts more and what is actually happening in the real world to real people, you know those 24 million plus unemployed/under employed Americans, or those 315000 that dropped out of the labor force thus leading to the reduction in unemployment rate? Where do those people fit on your charts?

  10. #860
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not a thing, love book smart people, just prefer street smarts more and what is actually happening in the real world to real people, you know those 24 million plus unemployed/under employed Americans, or those 315000 that dropped out of the labor force thus leading to the reduction in unemployment rate? Where do those people fit on your charts?
    So, you don't like people who know stuff? You prefer a lack of knowledge as the basis for your opinions. Explains a lot actually.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •