Page 81 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Obama is no FDR. The American people vote their wallets and with Obama they have less in that wallet
    And they're still leaning towards Obama ...

    RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

  2. #802
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Naturally. That's why they will choose the guy who is making the situation better, rather than a guy who will resurrect the failed polcies that created this cluster****.
    People will indeed choose based upon results and performance and results matter. You believe the situation is better yet the numbers say differently because your definitioin of better doesn't resonate with the public

    Grim economic outlook weighs down Obama approval rating - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

  3. #803
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    People will indeed choose based upon results and performance and results matter. You believe the situation is better yet the numbers say differently because your definitioin of better doesn't resonate with the public

    Grim economic outlook weighs down Obama approval rating - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    Unlike you, most people DO consider the context of the numbers. Take off the partisan blinders.

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    I expect that by Election day, unemployment will go down to 8% or even 7.5%. GDP will be respectable, and Obama will have the numbers to show the country is healing.

  5. #805
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Unlike you, most people DO consider the context of the numbers. Take off the partisan blinders.
    Is the GDP higher or lower this year vs. 2010 and wasn't Obama in office in 2010?

  6. #806
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I expect that by Election day, unemployment will go down to 8% or even 7.5%. GDP will be respectable, and Obama will have the numbers to show the country is healing.
    If he can get enough people to drop out of the labor force like the 315,000 that dropped out last month he will indeed get it to 7.5%. Guess people dropping out of the labor force,, declining employment, and rising misery index are good for a liberal?

  7. #807
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Is the GDP higher or lower this year vs. 2010 and wasn't Obama in office in 2010?
    Again, take off the partisan blinders. GDP has been impacted this year by the expiration of stimulus programs, the Tsunami in Japan, and the European debt crisis. Nothing Obama could do about any of that. Context. C O N T E X T.

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If he can get enough people to drop out of the labor force like the 315,000 that dropped out last month he will indeed get it to 7.5%. Guess people dropping out of the labor force,, declining employment, and rising misery index are good for a liberal?
    since when do Conservatives care about unemployment in the United States?

    additional employees is just another expense for corporations, which means less money for investment dividends.
    Last edited by Thunder; 12-11-11 at 02:11 PM.

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

    I expect that by Election day, unemployment will go down to 8% or even 7.5%. GDP will be respectable, and Obama will have the numbers to show the country is healing.
    Obama has an easy re-election should that happen. As it is, unemployment isn't much higher than when Obama took over.

    Reagan started with an unemployment rate of 7.5% ... by the time of the 1984 election, unemployment was just 1/10th of one percent lower at 7.4% ... Reagan won by a landslide.

  10. #810
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, take off the partisan blinders. GDP has been impacted this year by the expiration of stimulus programs, the Tsunami in Japan, and the European debt crisis. Nothing Obama could do about any of that. Context. C O N T E X T.
    LOL, by definition stimulus was supposed to be temporary but "Your" President doesn't understand that reality. GDP is lower this year vs last year because the private sector isn't growing. Apparently that is a good thing to a liberal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •