Page 79 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #781
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The economy always adds jobs even during the recession it added jobs, just not enough to keep up with population growth and retirements. Only a true liberal can call what has happened the past three years as positive because you are getting exactly what you want, bigger govt. and thus more opportunities for the nanny state supporters.

    You and all other liberals will continue to talk about inherited problems while ignoring that we are three years into Obama's Administration and the results are worse than when he took office. That seems ok to you, a union employee, that has a paycheck and job security because of unions but very little if any upward mobility.

    As I have stated many times here, I will be willing to bet that I have voted for more Democrats than you have voted for Republicans. You get your marching orders from the union, I get mine from actual results generated and how those results were generated.
    1) my union membership has nothing to do at all with my opinions, but i do find it amusing that you can't seem to respond to me without bringing up my union membership, as if it somehow proves your points or assertions...2)who you have voted for, or for that matter, who i have voted for has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, and just serves as a diversion for you, to steer away from the facts at hand, that the economy is improving, and we are adding jobs, have been for awhile. 3) if you are going to accuse me of getting my 'marching orders' from the UAW, implying that i can't think for myself, well, lets put the shoe on the other foot, and i will start every future post involving you with saying that you take your 'marching orders' from the RNC...fair is fair after all. 4) as has been shown by posters better than i, you have no idea about how the numbers you post were generated, what they actually mean, or what context that they occured...please, please , please, don't speak of things you have no concept or clue about. it makes you look foolish.

  2. #782
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I already did ... didn't you see the link I gave you? It shows exactly what happened to that bill and it wasn't blocked by Democrats. Which is why IO challenged you to prove what you posted.

    I knew you couldn't ...

    ... now everyone reading this, including you, knows you couldn't.

    What you posted was a lie.
    What you showed was a bill, sponsored by a Republican, supported by Republicans, that never left committee.

    More to the point, show me a democrat that supported the bill or any bill for mortgage and banking reform BEFORE the crash. They defended the status quo with everything they had including the race card.

    I am trying to understand how you can say a bill that a majority of Republicans in committee were for and all the dems were against means that republicans were against it.

    You go digging and find me some dems supporting reforms before 2007-8 when everything was crashing.

  3. #783
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    1) my union membership has nothing to do at all with my opinions, but i do find it amusing that you can't seem to respond to me without bringing up my union membership, as if it somehow proves your points or assertions...2)who you have voted for, or for that matter, who i have voted for has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, and just serves as a diversion for you, to steer away from the facts at hand, that the economy is improving, and we are adding jobs, have been for awhile. 3) if you are going to accuse me of getting my 'marching orders' from the UAW, implying that i can't think for myself, well, lets put the shoe on the other foot, and i will start every future post involving you with saying that you take your 'marching orders' from the RNC...fair is fair after all. 4) as has been shown by posters better than i, you have no idea about how the numbers you post were generated, what they actually mean, or what context that they occured...please, please , please, don't speak of things you have no concept or clue about. it makes you look foolish.
    What I find hypocritical is that you and others ignore the cost of what you call an improving economy so apparently 24 plus million unemployed and under employed Americans at a cost of 4.5 trillion dollars is the sign that things are improving. The American people are going to ask themselves are they better off in 2012 than they are today and if the results are as they are today the answer will be no and your community organizer President will be a one termer.

  4. #784
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    ...The American people are going to ask themselves are they better off in 2012 than they are today and if the results are as they are today the answer will be no and your community organizer President will be a one termer.
    that makes no sense. the election is in 2012.

  5. #785
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    What you showed was a bill, sponsored by a Republican, supported by Republicans, that never left committee.

    More to the point, show me a democrat that supported the bill or any bill for mortgage and banking reform BEFORE the crash. They defended the status quo with everything they had including the race card.

    I am trying to understand how you can say a bill that a majority of Republicans in committee were for and all the dems were against means that republicans were against it.

    You go digging and find me some dems supporting reforms before 2007-8 when everything was crashing.
    Umm, the bill was voted on and passed in committee... I didn't say Republicans were against it, nice strawman ... I said Democrats didn't block it; and they didn't. As the minority party, they were outnumbered 11 to 9. Senate leadership never brought the bill to the floor for a full vote in the Senate.

    Do you understand now?
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 12-11-11 at 01:51 PM.

  6. #786
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    that makes no sense. the election is in 2012.
    And the American electorate will ask themselves if they are better today(election day 2012) than they were 4 years ago(election day 2008) and the answer is no, Obama will be a one term President as he should be. He is in over his head and totally incompetent.

  7. #787
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And the American electorate will ask themselves if they are better today(election day 2012) than they were 4 years ago(election day 2008) and the answer is no, Obama will be a one term President as he should be. He is in over his head and totally incompetent.
    Really? Four ago there werer massive job losses, a negative GDP and a financial system in the verge of collapse.

  8. #788
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Really? Four ago there werer massive job losses, a negative GDP and a financial system in the verge of collapse.
    Four years ago there weren't 24 plus million unemployed/under employed nor was there a 15.1 trillion dollar debt. The financial collapse was averted with TARP according to economists

  9. #789
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I find hypocritical is that you and others ignore the cost of what you call an improving economy so apparently 24 plus million unemployed and under employed Americans at a cost of 4.5 trillion dollars is the sign that things are improving. The American people are going to ask themselves are they better off in 2012 than they are today and if the results are as they are today the answer will be no and your community organizer President will be a one termer.
    After Bush's Great Recession wreaked havoc on our economy, there were 26 million underemployed. Now there's 24 million. Sounds like improvement to me.

  10. #790
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And the American electorate will ask themselves if they are better today(election day 2012) than they were 4 years ago(election day 2008) and the answer is no, Obama will be a one term President as he should be. He is in over his head and totally incompetent.
    in 2008, I was very fearful for the stock market, my city, and my country. it looked like we were going straight to hell...and fast.

    now? things have stabilized. we have a long way to go, but the stock market has regained ALL of its losses, companies are hiring again, companies are matching 401k contributions again, and we are on our way.

    so yes, this country is better off today than it was when Obama took over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •