Page 77 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #761
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    noticed that you seem to have overlooked the improving economy, which will indeed benefit those looking for work.
    Improving economy?

    24 million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)154.1 X 15.6% http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    14.4 million unemployed PLUS Discouraged workers http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    2.2 million fewer jobs(bls.gov) http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost? ln : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    4.4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site) Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    1/21/2009 6,307,084,792,840.85 4,317,968,751,468.94 10,625,053,544,309.70

    11/22/2011 10,326,530,350,389.40 4,721,461,154,539.92 15,047,991,504,929.30

    Down grade of U.S. Credit rating(S&P)

    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.53 The United States Misery Index By Year

    38-44% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

    US Poverty Hits Record High: 1 in 6 Americans Living Below Poverty Line | Economy Watch
    Report: Poverty hits record level - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

    “Fast and Furious”, “Wide Receiver”

    Solyndra, Fisker, and Crony Capitalism Jobs Panel Member Whose Solar Firm Won Loan Guarantees Raises 'Conflict Of Interest' Concerns | Fox News

    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit
    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit

    The Tonopah Solar company in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE.
    The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45 permanent workers.
    That's costing us just $16 million per job.

    One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG).
    The PCG executive director is Ron Pelosi who is the brother of Nancy's husband.
    But there is nothing wrong here, is there?

    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News
    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News

    Stimulus failure

    Review & Outlook:Why the Stimulus Failed - WSJ.com

  2. #762
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Improving economy?

    24 million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)154.1 X 15.6% http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    14.4 million unemployed PLUS Discouraged workers http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    2.2 million fewer jobs(bls.gov) http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost? ln : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    4.4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site) Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    1/21/2009 6,307,084,792,840.85 4,317,968,751,468.94 10,625,053,544,309.70

    11/22/2011 10,326,530,350,389.40 4,721,461,154,539.92 15,047,991,504,929.30

    Down grade of U.S. Credit rating(S&P)

    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.53 The United States Misery Index By Year

    38-44% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

    US Poverty Hits Record High: 1 in 6 Americans Living Below Poverty Line | Economy Watch
    Report: Poverty hits record level - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

    “Fast and Furious”, “Wide Receiver”

    Solyndra, Fisker, and Crony Capitalism Jobs Panel Member Whose Solar Firm Won Loan Guarantees Raises 'Conflict Of Interest' Concerns | Fox News

    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit
    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit

    The Tonopah Solar company in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE.
    The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45 permanent workers.
    That's costing us just $16 million per job.

    One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG).
    The PCG executive director is Ron Pelosi who is the brother of Nancy's husband.
    But there is nothing wrong here, is there?

    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News
    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News

    Stimulus failure

    Review & Outlook:Why the Stimulus Failed - WSJ.com
    improving jobs numbers, market recovering most of its losses...i'd say things are looking up.......YOU CONTINUE TO TRY AND SADDLE OBAMA WITH THE BAGGAGE BUSH LEFT HIM. sorry, aint buying it...vote OBAMA '12

  3. #763
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    improving jobs numbers, market recovering most of its losses...i'd say things are looking up.......YOU CONTINUE TO TRY AND SADDLE OBAMA WITH THE BAGGAGE BUSH LEFT HIM. sorry, aint buying it...vote OBAMA '12
    Sure things are looking up in your world, debt is up 4.5 trillion dollars, the unemployed are up, the misery index is up, cronyism is up but being a union member you have that typical union compassion. You have your job so no worries about those who don't. The baggage that Bush left him was filled by the Democrat controlled Congress that took over in January 2007. Wonder how long you are going to use that argument?

  4. #764
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sure things are looking up in your world, debt is up 4.5 trillion dollars, the unemployed are up, the misery index is up, cronyism is up but being a union member you have that typical union compassion. You have your job so no worries about those who don't. The baggage that Bush left him was filled by the Democrat controlled Congress that took over in January 2007. Wonder how long you are going to use that argument?
    yes, things are looking up, job market improving, my place of employment is bringing in more people( dues paying union members con!! gotta love it!!)

  5. #765
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    yes, things are looking up, job market improving, my place of employment is bringing in more people( dues paying union members con!! gotta love it!!)
    Yep, thought you would be excited about 24 million unemployed/under employed Americas at a cost of 4.5 trillion dollars added to the debt. That shows the true economic ignorance on the part of union members

  6. #766
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sure things are looking up in your world, debt is up 4.5 trillion dollars, the unemployed are up, the misery index is up, cronyism is up but being a union member you have that typical union compassion. You have your job so no worries about those who don't. The baggage that Bush left him was filled by the Democrat controlled Congress that took over in January 2007. Wonder how long you are going to use that argument?
    The conservative concern over unemployment can be seen in thier attempts to lay off public sector employees, it can be seen in thier repeated refusal to approve the Jobs Act, in thier voting against S. 3816 [111th]: Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act.

    President Obama has done a very credible job considering what he inherited from the previous administration and the road blocks he has encountered from the lobbyist controlled republican party.

  7. #767
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, thought you would be excited about 24 million unemployed/under employed Americas at a cost of 4.5 trillion dollars added to the debt. That shows the true economic ignorance on the part of union members
    nope, i'm excited with more people finding work, with more money flowing into the economy, with more people getting off financial assistance...i'm excited that things are looking up for the country, unlike you, who wants to see the country continue to be stuck in neutral, who wants people to continue to suffer, for the sole purpose of electing a republican as potus.

  8. #768
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    I attribute the "uptick" to seasonal hiring and unemployment expiring.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #769
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    The conservative concern over unemployment can be seen in thier attempts to lay off public sector employees, it can be seen in thier repeated refusal to approve the Jobs Act, in thier voting against S. 3816 [111th]: Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act.

    President Obama has done a very credible job considering what he inherited from the previous administration and the road blocks he has encountered from the lobbyist controlled republican party.
    Keep buying the Obama rhetoric. Not sure what it is going to take to wake people like you up but apparently results aren't it. Stimulus One didn't create jobs and there is an indication here that you don't see this as stimulus two that will have the same results. Do you realize who funds those public service jobs stimulus two creates after the Federal Money runs out? Does any of this register with you? Since when is it the role of the Federal Govt. to create employment on taxpayer dollars in the public sector while punishing the private sector? For someone who claims they worked in the private sector I find your stance on public sector jobs quite disturbing.

    If the Obama results are credible in your world, you definitely are part of the 40% that supports him and his massive attempt to grow the public sector and create more dependence.

  10. #770
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    nope, i'm excited with more people finding work, with more money flowing into the economy, with more people getting off financial assistance...i'm excited that things are looking up for the country, unlike you, who wants to see the country continue to be stuck in neutral, who wants people to continue to suffer, for the sole purpose of electing a republican as potus.
    Pretty simple question, are there more employed today than when Obama took office three years ago?

    You actually think the fact that 4.5 trillion has been added to the debt to create these numbers is a good thing? Do you think those 315,000 that dropped out of the labor force last month is a good thing?

    The country is stuck in neutral and it is all because our Community Organizer President is incompetent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •