Page 67 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #661
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Those standards applied to "community" banks only, hence the name Community Reinvestment Act. CRA. The fact is that 84% of the sub-prime loans were given by private lenders. And it was Rep. Barney Frank who drafted the required legislation in March of 2007 soon after the Democrats took control of the House.

    Bill Summary & Status - 110th Congress (2007 - 2008) - H.R.1427 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
    Puhleeze. Obviously you are not watching my posted vids. Please go back and get yourself up to speed before you attempt to address the subject.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #662
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    To those not willing to accept that the housing failure was due to progressive tactics that are not only still in place, but many on the progressive side would like to see them ramped up...



    j-mac
    Wow. World Nut Daily, huh? The world's leading media for Birther updates.

    I don't know what's worse ... that you think referring to World Nut Daily wins your argument for you or that you're clearly under the delusion the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was "proressive policy."

  3. #663
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Wow. World Nut Daily, huh? The world's leading media for Birther updates.

    I don't know what's worse ... that you think referring to World Nut Daily wins your argument for you or that you're clearly under the delusion the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was "proressive policy."
    Is that all you got? Dismiss the source, instead of address the substance? Sorry, you lost the debate on that alone.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    BS typical of conservative propaganda used to pass the buck, The banks were not only respsonsible for the loans they made but they used tactics that were nothing short of fraud, lots of these bankers belong in jail along with realitors that were also involved

    Capitalism Without Failure: 60 Minutes Exposes Specific Instances of Actionable High-Level Fraud at Citibank and Countrywide - It is being Actively Ignored
    I know you get a hard-on every time this comes up. But it is what it is. Barney Frank is a villain. You are an apologist for villains who are liberals. I get it.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 12-09-11 at 07:19 PM.

  5. #665

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is that all you got? Dismiss the source, instead of address the substance? Sorry, you lost the debate on that alone.

    j-mac
    Ok, ok ... I get that you think World Nut Daily is a credible source. I get that you're under the delusion that the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act was "progressive policy." I get that you believe you can undermine all that was posted here by credible sources with one of the right wing's wackiest sources. But who knew you were desperate enough to declare victory over all of that?

    Hey, wanna see me refute your World Nut Daily article with one from the Daily Kos??



  7. #667
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Puhleeze. Obviously you are not watching my posted vids. Please go back and get yourself up to speed before you attempt to address the subject.

    j-mac
    The video and taking people words out of context mean nothing to me. The Democrats lost control of the House in 1994 and regained control in 2006 and one of the first things they do is correct the problem. Rep. Barney Frank no less did it.

  8. #668
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I know you get a hard-on every time this comes up. But it is what it is. Barney Frank is a villain. You are an apologist for villains who are liberals. I get it.
    So Barney Frank


    Lone Congressman by night, but by day is the most powerfull man in the US?

    able to force his will on a Republican President, a republican controlled Congress, and Rebublican controlled Senate, like only a man with Super powers would be able to.

    All hail barney Frank the all powerfull super man

    If you dont understand the above, it is to illustrate that Barney Frank was and is one man in Congress. He was not leader of the House, (a more powerfull position) he is and was not a senator ( a more powerfull position) he was and is not the President of the US, a vastly more powerfull position. The thought process that wants to blame Frank for the housing mess seems to disregard the above facts, and as such logic itself unless Barney Frank has photos of most republicans in comprimising sexual positions ( Barney Frank and the Republican Caucus in a bukake video for example)

    As I doubt such a video exists, it is faultly logic and a disregard for the facts that is at fault
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #669
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    I can't believe the conservatives are still trying to flog this dead horse.

    Let's recap:

    * Obama wasn't born in Kenya;
    * Obama isn't a Muslim;
    * He did inherit a massive recession;
    * CRA didn't cause the recession.

  10. #670
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    So Barney Frank


    Lone Congressman by night, but by day is the most powerfull man in the US?

    able to force his will on a Republican President, a republican controlled Congress, and Rebublican controlled Senate, like only a man with Super powers would be able to.

    All hail barney Frank the all powerfull super man

    If you dont understand the above, it is to illustrate that Barney Frank was and is one man in Congress. He was not leader of the House, (a more powerfull position) he is and was not a senator ( a more powerfull position) he was and is not the President of the US, a vastly more powerfull position. The thought process that wants to blame Frank for the housing mess seems to disregard the above facts, and as such logic itself unless Barney Frank has photos of most republicans in comprimising sexual positions ( Barney Frank and the Republican Caucus in a bukake video for example)
    What Barney Frank is, is a Democrat. That is the only criteria needed by the right for them to blame him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •