Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #491
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, how dare he...........

    He shouldn't link to sources from right wing mouthpieces that disagree with your sources from left wing mouthpieces.
    One of the four cites I used was a lefty site.

  2. #492
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    One of the four cites I used was a lefty site.
    I think the definition of left wing is anything that disagrees with far right. At least that is my understanding.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #493
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think the definition of left wing is anything that disagrees with far right. At least that is my understanding.
    I think it's slightly different. Any news or opinion source that doesn't reliably espouse far right dogma is a lefty mouthpiece that's not to be trusted. In other words, there are no neutral sources: just partisan right wing and lefty propoganda. Sadly, the right wing punditry has effectively pulled off that brainwashing technique.

  4. #494
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think the definition of left wing is anything that disagrees with far right. At least that is my understanding.
    In your opinion, is DailyKos right wing or left wing??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #495
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I think it's slightly different. Any news or opinion source that doesn't reliably espouse far right dogma is a lefty mouthpiece that's not to be trusted. In other words, there are no neutral sources: just partisan right wing and lefty propoganda. Sadly, the right wing punditry has effectively pulled off that brainwashing technique.
    Says the person that just posted this:

    The sources you are using are out-and-out right wing mouthpieces.
    Kinda like you posting a link to Media Matters ???

    Know how to spell "hypocrite" ?

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #496
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Says the person that just posted this:



    Kinda like you posting a link to Media Matters ???

    Know how to spell "hypocrite" ?
    I think you missed the point. Clearly there are right wing sites, like Cato and American Progress, and left wing sites, like Thinkprogress and Media Matters. But there are ALSO sources that don't have an obvious political slant, like McClatchy and the Federal Reserve. And there is a universe of sources in between.

    What the conservative punditocracy has succeeded in doing is to convince the true believers that hard right sources are the ONLY legitimate source of information, and the whole universe that isn't hard right is conspiring to mislead.

  7. #497
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I think you missed the point. Clearly there are right wing sites, like Cato and American Progress, and left wing sites, like Thinkprogress and Media Matters. But there are ALSO sources that don't have an obvious political slant, like McClatchy and the Federal Reserve. And there is a universe of sources in between.

    What the conservative punditocracy has succeeded in doing is to convince the true believers that hard right sources are the ONLY legitimate source of information, and the whole universe that isn't hard right is conspiring to mislead.
    First, if you truly believed that, you wouldn't link to sites like Media Matters.

    Second, McClatchey has a well known liberal bias.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #498
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    In your opinion, is DailyKos right wing or left wing??
    Doesn't matter. Only accuracy matters. And the mediam in which something appears on doesn't change the source. The source isn't the DailyKos, but what they linked.

    But in either case, what matters is accuracy and not bais. Many biased sources, left and right, are accurate. I only dismiss a source when proven to be inaccurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #499
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I think it's slightly different. Any news or opinion source that doesn't reliably espouse far right dogma is a lefty mouthpiece that's not to be trusted. In other words, there are no neutral sources: just partisan right wing and lefty propoganda. Sadly, the right wing punditry has effectively pulled off that brainwashing technique.
    Exactly. To few concern themselves with accuracy, but seek to see anything that doesn't affirm their belief system must be baised. It effectively allows them to dismiss anything, even from sources that tend to lean slight right of center.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #500
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Exactly. To few concern themselves with accuracy, but seek to see anything that doesn't affirm their belief system must be baised. It effectively allows them to dismiss anything, even from sources that tend to lean slight right of center.
    The question is how can anyone support the liberal belief system and not support the foundation upon which this country was built which is individual wealth creation and equal opportunity, not equal outcome and no consequences for failure?
    In the liberal world it is all about equal outcome and not just about equal opportunity. Liberals don't seem to understand the concept.

    No one forced individuals to sign on contracts that had a escalator clause in them. People bought homes that they couldn't afford. Freddie and Fannie bought toxic mortgages. There are consequences for poor choices and that just doesn't fit the liberal ideology. Creating dependence is what liberals always do thus retaining power.

Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •