Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #271
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    If the real unemployment rate went down, how does that relate to Obama?

    If it didn't, how is that Obama's fault?

    Sometimes, it seems to me that we ascribe to the office of president powers that it just doesn't have.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #272
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    He will ignore that fact and toss out some totally meaningless stats.
    I've already addressed it several times. But conservative will, Rain-Man-LIke, keep spewing the same stats without analysis, ad infinitum.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If the real unemployment rate went down, how does that relate to Obama?

    If it didn't, how is that Obama's fault?

    Sometimes, it seems to me that we ascribe to the office of president powers that it just doesn't have.
    And some never seem to see or understand that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And some never seem to see or understand that.
    No, they don't, including the voters. That is why the Republicans would like to spin the unemployment numbers to make them seem as bad as possible, while the Democrats want to do the opposite. Unemployment is what it is, which is probably more than the BLS would indicate. That is terrible. What seems worse to me is that we have candidates and voters alike hoping that they will stay bad because of the effect it will have on the next election.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #275
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    No, they don't, including the voters. That is why the Republicans would like to spin the unemployment numbers to make them seem as bad as possible, while the Democrats want to do the opposite. Unemployment is what it is, which is probably more than the BLS would indicate. That is terrible. What seems worse to me is that we have candidates and voters alike hoping that they will stay bad because of the effect it will have on the next election.
    I know. Sadly. I'm most disappointed in voters, who allow themselves to be maniputaled this way. Allow isn't even the right word, as they ar emore complicint than that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did the unemployment rate drop by .4%? Did the private sector create 140,000 new jobs?
    You just cannot admit that you are wrong on any issue, 315,000 dropped out of the labor force last month and that doesn't matter because the unemployment rate dropped. Like all liberals you cannot seem to figure out how 120,000 net job gain can cause an unemployment rated drop of .4%.

  7. #277
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did you notice that there are fewer frustrated job seakers than there were a year ago? That there were more people who chose to leave their jobs? That there were fewer people who were laid off? That the unemployment rate dropped almost half a percentage point?

    You should take something for your Obama derangement syndrome. The jobs report was obviously positive.
    The drop in the number of "frustrated job seekers" might just coincide with the fewer amount of job seekers. The fact is that the work force has taken a downward turn since last year when we're being told it's much better and on our way to a full recovery. It's simply number manipulation and a campaign ploy at best.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Been done already. But I think you know full well what the Fox folks have been saying.
    No, I do not what Fox folks have been saying.

    If you are going to make a claim as to what Fox¨says you should provide a link.

    No offense , but all Leftists should always submit links with any claim they make.

  9. #279
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    The drop in the number of "frustrated job seekers" might just coincide with the fewer amount of job seekers. The fact is that the work force has taken a downward turn since last year when we're being told it's much better and on our way to a full recovery. It's simply number manipulation and a campaign ploy at best.
    Yeah, maybe. Or maybe not. Either way, I don't hear anywone claiming it's much better or that a full recovery is just around the corner.

    It's just a modest improvement and that's generally how it's been portrayed.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yeah, maybe. Or maybe not. Either way, I don't hear anywone claiming it's much better or that a full recovery is just around the corner.

    It's just a modest improvement and that's generally how it's been portrayed.
    Sure, and if it holds in January that is good news. There won´t be. or shouldn´t be, many who would hope for a long term economic slump just so their guy can be proved right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •