Page 23 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #221
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hazlnut, now I know you want to think that you are intelligent so think about it, 120,000 new jobs created in a 154 million civilian labor force and the unemployment rate drops .4%. Does that make sense to you? The media is have orgasms over the 8.6% unemployment rate and many Obama supporters buy those numbers. Hopefully you are smarter than that and not the typical Obama supporter.
    As far as I can tell the media is accurately reporting that it's an improvement but nothing to write home about. You're someone else who should buy a TV that doesn't only tune to Fox News.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As far as I can tell the media is accurately reporting that it's an improvement but nothing to write home about. You're someone else who should buy a TV that doesn't only tune to Fox News.
    You really have a fixation with Fox News. My local Newspayer touted the 8.6% unemployment rate on the front page and the 315,000 people dropping out of the labor force appeared on the back pages. You ought to watch Fox News a little more as it will dispel your biases.

  3. #223
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really have a fixation with Fox News. My local Newspayer touted the 8.6% unemployment rate on the front page and the 315,000 people dropping out of the labor force appeared on the back pages. You ought to watch Fox News a little more as it will dispel your biases.
    But they were both in the same article, right? So if you read the article you got the full story.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    But they were both in the same article, right? So if you read the article you got the full story.
    And if you watched Fox News you got the full story too yet for some reason you have a problem with Fox News. There is a reason Fox News beats everyone in the ratings, wonder if you can figure out why?

  5. #225
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And if you watched Fox News you got the full story too yet for some reason you have a problem with Fox News. There is a reason Fox News beats everyone in the ratings, wonder if you can figure out why?
    Fox News gets smashed by all three of the network news broadcasts.

    I have a problem with them because they are BLATANTLY partisan.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    But they were both in the same article, right? So if you read the article you got the full story.
    Here is the MSNBC headlines and story. Show me the 315,000 people dropping out of the labor force

    Unemployment rate drops to lowest since 2009 - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

  7. #227
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here is the MSNBC headlines and story. Show me the 315,000 people dropping out of the labor force

    Unemployment rate drops to lowest since 2009 - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com
    MSNBC is as biased on the Left side as Fox is no the Right. Never claimed they weren't.

    But even they mentioned that 300K+ dropped out of the work force. Did you read your own link?

    Still, more than 300,000 people stopped their job searches last month, so they were no longer officially counted as unemployed. That accounts for some of the drop in the unemployment rate.

    Advertise | AdChoicesThe so-called underemployment rate, which counts people who have given up looking and people who are working part-time but want full-time jobs, did fall — to 15.6 percent from 16.2 percent.
    Last edited by AdamT; 12-03-11 at 08:15 PM.

  8. #228
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Fox News gets smashed by all three of the network news broadcasts.
    Um, I don't think so.

    Cable News Ratings: Top 30 Programs For November 2011 (PHOTOS, POLL)

    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...1-2011/112499/


    So to correct your statement, Fox News SMASHES all three network news broadcasts. Or more accurately, smashes everybody in every time slot from the morning broadcasts 6-9am, and 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm and 11pm.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 12-03-11 at 09:09 PM.

  10. #230
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And if you watched Fox News you got the full story too yet for some reason you have a problem with Fox News. There is a reason Fox News beats everyone in the ratings, wonder if you can figure out why?
    Because there are a lot of partisan hacks in this country? And dumbasses?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •