Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #1381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well according to that poll, there are plenty of rightwingers who won't vote for a Mormon either so I'm not sure why you think they're any different than those on the left.

    And if that poll holds true, it can cost Romney as much as 25 to 30% of his votes between Republicans and roughly half of Independents.

    Another potential problem for the right is Ron Paul, who is leaving the door open to run as an Independent should he not win the GOP nomination.
    As you can see by the poll you posted most of those who hold a persons religion against them are leftists.

  2. #1382
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Isn't it amazing how Bush was totally responsible for everything bad that happened during his term and now Obama's but obama saved the economy with its less than 2% GDP growth, high unemployment, record deficits, and higher misery index? Clinton was called the Teflon President but now that title goes to Obama
    Bush was no more responsible for all of the bad things that happened during his tenure than Obama is. The office of president has only just so much power.

    Now, the decision to invade Iraq, and put the cost on the national MasterCard, that was up to the commander in chief, which really is one of the powers of the presidency.

    but, the deep recession was not the fault of the presidency.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #1383
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Bush was no more responsible for all of the bad things that happened during his tenure than Obama is. The office of president has only just so much power.

    Now, the decision to invade Iraq, and put the cost on the national MasterCard, that was up to the commander in chief, which really is one of the powers of the presidency.

    but, the deep recession was not the fault of the presidency.
    Refusing Keystone would be directly related to this Presidency, as well as buying companies and investing in whimsical companies with public money.

    Rather then Obama being compared with Bush and debating which one is worse, shouldn't people look for something better than either of them? It seems time to speak to the future.

  4. #1384
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Refusing Keystone would be directly related to this Presidency, as well as buying companies and investing in whimsical companies with public money.

    Rather then Obama being compared with Bush and debating which one is worse, shouldn't people look for something better than either of them? It seems time to speak to the future.
    Good point.

    Who, among those running currently, do you predict might be better than either of the last two presidents? Who can really win the future?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #1385
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,818

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Id say Paul if his foreign policy views weren't so...naive, for lack of a better, less polite term.

  6. #1386
    Professor
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,451

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    I honestly don't want a libertarian in the WH yet. I know it sounds weird. The libertarian goals are pretty dramatic and having 4 years to move them forward with no party support in congress could be tragic and dangerous to the party. I'd rather see them win quite a few more congress bids. Get them in there where they can be heard and make a difference.
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!

  7. #1387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Good point.

    Who, among those running currently, do you predict might be better than either of the last two presidents? Who can really win the future?
    I'd go by resume and Mitt Romney appears to be head and shoulders above the others, with not a bit of scandal attached to his name.

    In a contest between Romney and Obama I cant see why any non ideological person would vote for Obama.

  8. #1388
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    I honestly don't want a libertarian in the WH yet. I know it sounds weird. The libertarian goals are pretty dramatic and having 4 years to move them forward with no party support in congress could be tragic and dangerous to the party. I'd rather see them win quite a few more congress bids. Get them in there where they can be heard and make a difference.
    Yes, it seems the time for experimentation is over and someone with a solid financial and administrative background should lead the way. Ron Paul raises some very good points but overall cannot be taken too seriously.

  9. #1389
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I'd go by resume and Mitt Romney appears to be head and shoulders above the others, with not a bit of scandal attached to his name.

    In a contest between Romney and Obama I cant see why any non ideological person would vote for Obama.
    I don't think they would. It seems to me that either Romney or Huntsman could win the general election hands down.

    But to get the Republican nomination, they have to get past the Christian Right, who have a problem with their religion.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #1390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I don't think they would. It seems to me that either Romney or Huntsman could win the general election hands down.

    But to get the Republican nomination, they have to get past the Christian Right, who have a problem with their religion.
    It seems most everyone has respect for Huntsman and his points of view but he's just never caught on. Perhaps it's the likability factor. I think he would make a good President but he's just not a serious factor at the moment.

    Obama was doomed to be a one term President because he simply lacked the necessary qualifications. It's clear he is still pretending to be President.

    He was a candidate, like Biden and many others, only in order to get his name better known and to sell more books, not that he expected to win. But, like The Mouse That Roared, he surprisingly did win.

    I once had the fear that Obama's incompetence would hurt Black politicians but that is clearly not the case, and a very good thing.

    Do you really think religion will ultimately play that big a role? It certainly might be for many but I doubt that it would be significant enough for people to vote for any of the others., not when the economy of the country is at stake. They might hold their noses in the voting booth but will still do what's best for their future and go with the candidate who will most likely win. They won't want another John McCain experience.
    Last edited by Grant; 12-18-11 at 06:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •