Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #1341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    According to BLS we have a net job loss and fewer people in the labor force than when Obama took office.
    You asked for a legislative victory which helped the economy and you were given one.

    Because you can't deal with it, you again move the goal posts.

    And the loss in the labor force is because we've hit the age of retiring baby boomers; and it's only going to get worse over the next decade no matter who the president is as some 75 million baby boomers will be retiring between 2008 and 2028.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 12-17-11 at 07:46 PM.

  2. #1342
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    When Bush started, there were 6 million total unemployed ... by the time you voted to give him 4 more years, there were 9 million unemployed -- an increase of 3 million unemployed.

    When Bush left office, there were 13 million unemployed -- an increase of 7 million.

    Under Obama, there are now 14 million -- an increase of 1 million.

    Bush adds 3 million total unemployed...


    Conservative: "Four more years!! Four more years!!"

    Obama adds 1 million total unemployed...

    Conservative: "Put Bush back!! Put Bush back!!"
    I didn't vote for the first four years of Obama and won't be voting for another four years either. The Obama record doesn't warrant it. it does appear that nothing is going to change your mind. There is nothing that obama has proposed economically that I support nor would any free enterprise capitalistic economy supporter. Waiting for the Obama economic policy that is going to turn this economy around. I didn't vote for Bush in 2008 but did in 2004 for obvious reasons, one that apparently you don't want to understand. Too bad

  3. #1343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A victory would be described as something that benefited the economy so no you haven't named any
    stock market up 5,000 points.

    corporate profits at all-time high.

    financial instution holdings at all-time high.

    there ya go. the wealthy are kicking ass in the USA. nice for them.

  4. #1344
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    stock market up 5,000 points.

    corporate profits at all-time high.

    financial instution holdings at all-time high.

    there ya go. the wealthy are kicking ass in the USA. nice for them.
    I wouldn't say "kicking ass"... Sitting on capital that could be working for them but instead is out of the market due to uncertainty is not a winning strategy.

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1345
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I wouldn't say "kicking ass"... Sitting on capital that could be working for them but instead is out of the market due to uncertainty is not a winning strategy.

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Uncertianty? Code for everything must be the fault of democrats. Fact is, business doesn't spend until people buy. It's as simple as that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1346
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Uncertianty? Code for everything must be the fault of democrats. Fact is, business doesn't spend until people buy. It's as simple as that.
    That's your strawman I didn't say anything about liberals. Consumer confidence is linked to healthy business directly. Chicken v. Egg

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1347
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's your strawman I didn't say anything about liberals. Consumer confidence is linked to healthy business directly. Chicken v. Egg

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Please j, spare me. We know the code by now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1348
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    stock market up 5,000 points.

    corporate profits at all-time high.

    financial instution holdings at all-time high.

    there ya go. the wealthy are kicking ass in the USA. nice for them.
    LOL, since when is a progressive happy about those evil corporations making money and the stock market up 5000 points? Were you that happy when it was 14000 under Bush?

  9. #1349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I believe people from the left, middle, and right will hold that against him ...

    Would not vote for a Mormon for president:

    Republican: 18%
    Independent: 19%
    Democrat: 27%

    In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

    That begs the question, can Romney beat Obama giving up that many votes due to his religion?
    If the American people are so stupid to not vote for the best candidate because of his or her religion then they deserve what they get. That sort of ignorance should not go unrewarded. It seems its the Left who has the most problems with a persons religion. In fact they often have problem with all forms of the Christian, and Jewish, religion.

    But it's quite probably more a political issue than a religious issue with the Leftists. If they feel they can exploit a persons religion to advance their political goals they'll certainly do it. Isn't that true?

  10. #1350
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Were you that happy when it was 14000 under Bush?
    I was pretty unhappy that the markets dropped 20% over Bush's eight years. Weren't you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •