Page 127 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1443

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

  1. #1261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is a lie...
    no, it was a mistake.

  2. #1262
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    no, it was a mistake.
    Ok, I accept that, people do make mistakes

  3. #1263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    140,000 jobs gained in a month where 315,000 dropped out of the labor force thus creating another net job loss which you want to ignore. Any sign of a positive to you is trumpeted yet like far too many you cannot explain why with what you perceive as good numbers is he losing support from the people that supported him in 2008? you see, the bottomline matters more than your perception and the bottomline shows a net job loss, declining labor force, and higher misery index
    Your dishonesty never takes a holiday, does it, Con?

    Now you're comparing household survery unemployment data with payroll employment data when an honest person would use one dataset to make such a comparison.

    And the reason you cherry-picked payroll employment data over household employment data, even though doing so is dishonest ... ?

    Because payroll data is lower. Payroll data shows 140,000 private sector jobs gained whereas household survey data shows 278,000 jobs gained.

    It's a good sign for Obama that his detractors have to lie about Obama in order to make him look worse.

  4. #1264
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Your dishonesty never takes a holiday, does it, Con?

    Now you're comparing household survery unemployment data with payroll employment data when an honest person would use one dataset to make such a comparison.

    And the reason you cherry-picked payroll employment data over household employment data, even though doing so is dishonest ... ?

    Because payroll data is lower. Payroll data shows 140,000 private sector jobs gained whereas household survey data shows 278,000 jobs gained.

    It's a good sign for Obama that his detractors have to lie about Obama in order to make him look worse.
    24 million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)154.1 X 15.6% Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    14.4 million unemployed PLUS Discouraged workers Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    2.2 million fewer jobs(bls.gov) Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    4.4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site) Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    1/21/2009 6,307,084,792,840.85 4,317,968,751,468.94 10,625,053,544,309.70

    11/22/2011 10,326,530,350,389.40 4,721,461,154,539.92 15,047,991,504,929.30

    Down grade of U.S. Credit rating(S&P)

    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.53 The United States Misery Index By Year

    38-44% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

    US Poverty Hits Record High: 1 in 6 Americans Living Below Poverty Line | Economy Watch
    Report: Poverty hits record level - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

    “Fast and Furious”, “Wide Receiver”

    Solyndra, Fisker, and Crony Capitalism Jobs Panel Member Whose Solar Firm Won Loan Guarantees Raises 'Conflict Of Interest' Concerns | Fox News

    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit
    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit

    The Tonopah Solar company in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE.
    The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45 permanent workers.
    That's costing us just $16 million per job.

    One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG).
    The PCG executive director is Ron Pelosi who is the brother of Nancy's husband.
    But there is nothing wrong here, is there?

    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News
    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News

    Stimulus failure

    Review & Outlook:Why the Stimulus Failed - WSJ.com

  5. #1265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    24 million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)154.1 X 15.6% Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    14.4 million unemployed PLUS Discouraged workers Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    2.2 million fewer jobs(bls.gov) Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    4.4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site) Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    1/21/2009 6,307,084,792,840.85 4,317,968,751,468.94 10,625,053,544,309.70

    11/22/2011 10,326,530,350,389.40 4,721,461,154,539.92 15,047,991,504,929.30

    Down grade of U.S. Credit rating(S&P)

    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.53 The United States Misery Index By Year

    38-44% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

    US Poverty Hits Record High: 1 in 6 Americans Living Below Poverty Line | Economy Watch
    Report: Poverty hits record level - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

    “Fast and Furious”, “Wide Receiver”

    Solyndra, Fisker, and Crony Capitalism Jobs Panel Member Whose Solar Firm Won Loan Guarantees Raises 'Conflict Of Interest' Concerns | Fox News

    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit
    Solyndra solar power company shuts down 15 months after Obama visit

    The Tonopah Solar company in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE.
    The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45 permanent workers.
    That's costing us just $16 million per job.

    One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG).
    The PCG executive director is Ron Pelosi who is the brother of Nancy's husband.
    But there is nothing wrong here, is there?

    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News
    U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News

    Stimulus failure

    Review & Outlook:Why the Stimulus Failed - WSJ.com
    Translation: conservative was caught lying again. Result? Shift goal posts again.

  6. #1266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Translation: conservative was caught lying again. Result? Shift goal posts again.
    Could you imagine that guy as like a pope or something....*shivers*

  7. #1267
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Translation: conservative was caught lying again. Result? Shift goal posts again.
    those are the Obama results to date, live with them. There is a reason his JAR is 42% which is down 11% from the votes he got in 2008.

  8. #1268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    those are the Obama results to date, live with them. There is a reason his JAR is 42% which is down 11% from the votes he got in 2008.
    What was the reason Bush's JAR sank as low as 19%?

    And he's not down 11%, he's down 11 percentage points. Amazing how someone who boasts such superiority over others on a forum can make such a rookie mistake. At any rate, that is meaningless in terms of the election.

  9. #1269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post

    Could you imagine that guy as like a pope or something....*shivers*
    If Obama were doing as bad as he claims, there would be no reason to lie about his record. That Conservative lies all the time about it shows me that it's not as bad as he claims.

  10. #1270
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Declines to 8.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    If Obama were doing as bad as he claims, there would be no reason to lie about his record. That Conservative lies all the time about it shows me that it's not as bad as he claims.
    And if Obama was doing as good as you claim his JAR wouldn't be 42% today on Gallup. Pretty simple questions

    Is the unemployment rate lower than it was when he took office?
    Is the labor force as high as it was when he took office?
    Is the misery index what it was when he took office?
    Is the debt per year the same or lower than when he took office?
    Is the U-6 lower than when he took office?
    Are there as many employed today as there were when he took office?

    If his record is that good why are the numbers so bad three years after taking office

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •