Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http://www

  1. #21
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    What's your point? As you have shown, some of Toyota's cars accelerated for no reason - i.e. vehicle error.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 11-27-11 at 01:30 AM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #22
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    What's your point? As you have shown, some of Toyota's cars accelerated for no reason - other than vehicle error.
    Take a look again at the link. It even says in most cases driver error to blame.

    Driver Error to Blame in Most of Toyota’s “Unintended Acceleration” Cases: Report | AutoGuide.com News

    Edit: BTW I edited my 2nd to last post to include a link showing test results of simply using the brakes when your throttle is stuck open.
    Last edited by Omgitsme; 11-27-11 at 01:32 AM.

  3. #23
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Take a look again at the link. It even says in most cases driver error to blame.

    Driver Error to Blame in Most of Toyota’s “Unintended Acceleration” Cases: Report | AutoGuide.com News

    Edit: BTW I edited my 2nd to last post to include a link showing test results of simply using the brakes when your throttle is stuck open.
    MOST. Not all. Now read your first:

    Toyota Avalon displays unintended acceleration without floor mat
    According to a report from The Safety Record, on December 29, 2009, the driver of a 2007 Toyota Avalon experienced a bizarre case of sudden and unintended acceleration while driving on the highway, just miles from a local Toyota dealer. The driver managed to switch the vehicle between Neutral and Drive multiple times, while en route to the dealer in order to show the dealer the problem as it was still occurring.
    I am not sure why you posted that, since it goes against everything you are arguing, but thanks.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    MOST. Not all. Now read your first:

    Toyota Avalon displays unintended acceleration without floor mat


    I am not sure why you posted that, since it goes against everything you are arguing, but thanks.
    Yes unfortunetly I read the title wrong on that one. However that is only one instance out of 58.

  5. #25
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Vehicles can be dangerous - anything with a fuel source the involves heat via ignition, compression or chemical reaction has the potential for catching something else on fire etc etc etc.

    It's just par for the course - shouldn't be an astounding negative.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #26
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Yes unfortunetly I read the title wrong on that one. However that is only one instance out of 58.
    And 2/67th of stats on the Internet are true. Here is what I know (and you confirmed for me):

    When buying a Toyota, there was a chance that it would accelerate for no reason. I am not sure what that chance was, but I am certainly not going to condemn Toyota or cars in general because of a manufacturer error.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #27
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    And 2/67th of stats on the Internet are true. Here is what I know (and you confirmed for me):

    When buying a Toyota, there was a chance that it would accelerate for no reason. I am not sure what that chance was, but I am certainly not going to condemn Toyota or cars in general because of a manufacturer error.
    The condemnation should happen when there are serious problems and the company fails to take care of it quickly and adequately - or even tries to cover it up altogether.

    Or when companies sidestep and pad testing events and results to get higher scores and rankings - all the while knowing in reality things just aren't that good.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 11-27-11 at 01:43 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #28
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    And 2/67th of stats on the Internet are true. Here is what I know (and you confirmed for me):

    When buying a Toyota, there was a chance that it would accelerate for no reason. I am not sure what that chance was, but I am certainly not going to condemn Toyota or cars in general because of a manufacturer error.
    1 or 2 in 26,935. Thats if we are talking about the Avalon only.

  9. #29
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    1 or 2 in 26,935. Thats if we are talking about the Avalon only.
    Really? And what's the rate of Volt's that explode in accidents?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #30
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Post-Accident Chevy Volt Engine Fires Prompt Investigation Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Really? And what's the rate of Volt's that explode in accidents?
    No clue. Probably not very high.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •