Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    (Reuters) - Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords served a Thanksgiving meal on Thursday to Air Force personnel in her first constituent event since she was shot in the head in January, her office said.
    Giffords dished out turkey with tongs as she stood between Brigadier General Jon Norman and her husband Mark Kelly, said Giffords' spokesman Mark Kimble.
    The event at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base was expected to draw more than 400 people, mostly U.S. Air Force personnel, retired service members and their families.

    Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base - Yahoo! News

    This woman is one class act! If she were my representative, I would definitely vote for her regardless of party affiliation.

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone, may you all have a great day, and plenty of Turkey and fixin's .....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I would definitely vote for her regardless of party affiliation.
    We're sure you would:

    - Prochoice.
    - Prostimulus.
    - Propublic housing
    - Pro restorative justice
    - Pro-hate crime legislation
    - Pro-public education
    - Pro-renewable energy
    - Pro-environment
    - Pro-strong support programs for federal employees
    - Pro-sex education
    - Pro-gun control(AKA - OMGZ TEH LIBRULZ TRYING TO TAKE OUR GUNZ AWAY!)
    - Pro-expanding health care
    - Pro-SCHIP
    - Pro-Habeas Corpus for Guantanamo detainees
    - Pro-expansion of unemployment benefits.
    - Anti-flat tax
    - Anti-Iraq war
    - Pro-National Service(AKA MO'BIG-GUV? OH NOES!)

    Maybe voting is a bit of a stretch for you j-mac. Let's settle for.... You'd watch her on TV regardless of affiliation, how about that?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-24-11 at 05:22 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    We're sure you would:

    - Prochoice.
    - Prostimulus.
    - Propublic housing
    - Pro restorative justice
    - Pro-hate crime legislation
    - Pro-public education
    - Pro-renewable energy
    - Pro-environment
    - Pro-strong support programs for federal employees
    - Pro-sex education
    - Pro-gun control(AKA - OMGZ TEH LIBRULZ TRYING TO TAKE OUR GUNZ AWAY!)
    - Pro-expanding health care
    - Pro-SCHIP
    - Pro-Habeas Corpus for Guantanamo detainees
    - Pro-expansion of unemployment benefits.
    - Anti-flat tax
    - Anti-Iraq war
    - Pro-National Service(AKA MO'BIG-GUV? OH NOES!)

    Maybe voting is a bit of a stretch for you j-mac. Let's settle for.... You'd watch her on TV regardless of affiliation, how about that?
    You're right; no matter how classy she is, her politics suck donkey balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This woman is one class act! If she were my representative, I would definitely vote for her regardless of party affiliation.

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone, may you all have a great day, and plenty of Turkey and fixin's .....


    j-mac
    Agree. I hope the tradition always remains to give our servicemen and servicewomen the best possible Thanksgiving dinner no matter where they are serving today.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're right; no matter how classy she is, her politics suck donkey balls.
    Is that what I said? Maybe statements like the above are why people think you can't read.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base



    And I agree her politics suck donkey balls.

  7. #7
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    Stand up thing to do by a stand up woman.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  8. #8
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    From friends who live in Tucson and a friend in Phoenix who have known and worked with her for a long time, it's Gabby. She's said to have always been that way. Someone serving who gets it. Her politics pretty much represents her district too. Good on her.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    We're sure you would:

    - Prochoice.
    - Prostimulus.
    - Propublic housing
    - Pro restorative justice
    - Pro-hate crime legislation
    - Pro-public education
    - Pro-renewable energy
    - Pro-environment
    - Pro-strong support programs for federal employees
    - Pro-sex education
    - Pro-gun control(AKA - OMGZ TEH LIBRULZ TRYING TO TAKE OUR GUNZ AWAY!)
    - Pro-expanding health care
    - Pro-SCHIP
    - Pro-Habeas Corpus for Guantanamo detainees
    - Pro-expansion of unemployment benefits.
    - Anti-flat tax
    - Anti-Iraq war
    - Pro-National Service(AKA MO'BIG-GUV? OH NOES!)

    Maybe voting is a bit of a stretch for you j-mac. Let's settle for.... You'd watch her on TV regardless of affiliation, how about that?
    FYI, politicians don't really stand for anything. Their purpose is to fulfill the legislative objectives of their sponsors, period.

    If giffords were truly anti-war (which she isn't), pro-education (a laugh), or pro-environment (not even close), then its life might have some value.

    The shooting of giffords was no big deal. Killing a pol is like breaking a light bulb--they can easily be replaced. The only reason the shooting was a tragedy was because humans (including a 9 y/o girl) were also killed.

    Nevertheless, it needn't be said that the giffords' behavior after the shooting suggests that it has courage, something complete uncharacteristic for politicians. So it appears there is hope for it.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Giffords serves turkey at Tucson air base

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    FYI, politicians don't really stand for anything. Their purpose is to fulfill the legislative objectives of their sponsors, period.

    If giffords were truly anti-war (which she isn't), pro-education (a laugh), or pro-environment (not even close), then its life might have some value.

    The shooting of giffords was no big deal. Killing a pol is like breaking a light bulb--they can easily be replaced. The only reason the shooting was a tragedy was because humans (including a 9 y/o girl) were also killed.

    Nevertheless, it needn't be said that the giffords' behavior after the shooting suggests that it has courage, something complete uncharacteristic for politicians. So it appears there is hope for it.
    Bold & Underlined: Where I stopped reading because the nonsense was too much.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •