View Poll Results: Solyndra........

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Obama administration scandal.

    4 36.36%
  • Republican attempt to manufacture a scandal.

    6 54.55%
  • Don't know / Don't care.

    1 9.09%
  • I'm Rick Perry. What's a Solyndra?

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    I would hope that someone gets a chance to corner him and ask about his two faced position here.

  2. #12
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Just further illustrates that the government should not be in a position to pick winners and losers. They're only good at losers.

    Anybody know a winner they picked??

    The US Airforce << the best in the world and entirely funded and operated by the US government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  3. #13
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, because the issue was "Geting money to green jobs".

    Solyndra's not about corruption ona massvie scale, no no.

    It's not about pressuring the DoE to give huge sums to a company with ****ty financial record, ****ty prospects, and ****ty potential all the while making sure if it fell apart the big D Donars would get hooked up.

    NO NO.

    It's all "HYPOCRICY!"


    Dan, PR spokesman for Unions and the Obama Presidency.
    When did I say that I supported Obama in his support of Solyndra? I didn't. I merely stated that Republicans are engaging in douchebaggery, because they are doing the exact same thing that Obama was doing, and then have the gall to jump on Obama about it. This is a classic case of Republicans saying "Do as I say, not as I do".

    I also gave choices, one of which is "This is an Obama administration scandal" and the other being that Republicans are manufacturing it. This is about as balanced a choice as there is, except for the embedded Rick Perry joke, but Rick Perry IS a joke.

    Since I voted for McCain in the last election, after carefully considering Gingrich, the last sentence in your response was unneeded, and shows that you are engaging in quite a bit of douchebaggery yourself.
    Last edited by danarhea; 11-19-11 at 06:20 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #14
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    When did I say that I supported Obama in his support of Solyndra? I didn't. I merely stated that Republicans are engaging in douchebaggery, because they are doing the exact same thing that Obama was doing, and then have the gall to jump on Obama about it. This is a classic case of Republicans saying "Do as I say, not as I do".

    I also gave choices, one of which is "This is an Obama administration scandal" and the other being that Republicans are manufacturing it. This is about as balanced a choice as there is, except for the embedded Rick Perry joke, but Rick Perry IS a joke.

    Since I voted for McCain in the last election, after carefully considering Gingrich, the last sentence in your response was unneeded, and shows that you are engaging in quite a bit of douchebaggery yourself.
    ///

    Whatever Dan. You don't start threads about Obama's misdeeds, but you sure do start threads showing the GOP/conservatives in a bad light. Your game is as transparent as your politics, only fools think you're anything less then a screaming big government liberal.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #15
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Just further illustrates that the government should not be in a position to pick winners and losers. They're only good at losers.

    Anybody know a winner they picked??
    You may not realize this but it was the Bush administration that created the loan guarentee program for "risky" alternate energy programs.

    Did the program that funded the Solyndra loan start under George W. Bush? David Plouffe says so


  6. #16
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    ///

    Whatever Dan. You don't start threads about Obama's misdeeds, but you sure do start threads showing the GOP/conservatives in a bad light. Your game is as transparent as your politics, only fools think you're anything less then a screaming big government liberal.
    What you posted is more than a personal attack. You are a liar, and I am going to prove it right now.


    I attack Obama here
    .

    I defend Rick Perry from personal attacks by people who call him racist in this thread.

    I call Obama a whore in this thread.

    Hey, look at this. It's me, defending Rick Perry again from charges that he is a racist.

    Here, I defend Wisconsin Governor Walker on his concealed-carry bill. Yea, that's a real Liberal position, ain't it?

    Here, I bash Obama as well as Bush for the Great Recession.

    Here is another thread I started, supporting Gary Johnson, not counting the one I started just a few days ago.

    Here's one where I blast hypocrites on the left as well as hypocrites on the right.

    These are just a few that I picked out, which do not include my many posts in the past that support Bush's picks for judges, my desire that the US leave the UN, my support for gun rights, and many other issues. Yea, I do attack the Republicans, but hardly a week goes by where you don't see me attacking the Democrats too. The truth is that neither the left nor the right owns me. You might keep this in mind, and post honest reasons why you disagree with my positions, instead of attacking me with snide and bitchy remarks every time you disagree with me. You do that and people might begin to take you seriously once in a while.

    In other words, it would behoove you to just shut the **** up if you are going to be making snide and bitchy remarks instead of debating. Again, with emphasis, you are a liar, and I just proved it.
    Last edited by danarhea; 11-19-11 at 09:03 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #17
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    What you posted is more than a personal attack. You are a liar, and I am going to prove it right now.


    I attack Obama here
    .

    I defend Rick Perry from personal attacks by people who call him racist in this thread.

    I call Obama a whore in this thread.

    Hey, look at this. It's me, defending Rick Perry again from charges that he is a racist.

    Here, I defend Wisconsin Governor Walker on his concealed-carry bill. Yea, that's a real Liberal position, ain't it?

    Here, I bash Obama as well as Bush for the Great Recession.

    Here is another thread I started, supporting Gary Johnson, not counting the one I started just a few days ago.

    Here's one where I blast hypocrites on the left as well as hypocrites on the right.

    These are just a few that I picked out, which do not include my many posts in the past that support Bush's picks for judges, my desire that the US leave the UN, my support for gun rights, and many other issues. Yea, I do attack the Republicans, but hardly a week goes by where you don't see me attacking the Democrats too. The truth is that neither the left nor the right owns me. You might keep this in mind, and post honest reasons why you disagree with my positions, instead of attacking me with snide and bitchy remarks every time you disagree with me. You do that and people might begin to take you seriously once in a while.

    In other words, it would behoove you to just shut the **** up if you are going to be making snide and bitchy remarks instead of debating. Again, with emphasis, you are a liar, and I just proved it.
    I have bothered to debate with you, you just go snarky when you get backed into a corner. I just cut to the chase and get past all that. Get back to me when you admit you've never been a Goldwater Republican, you just used that moniker to sound cool, till you got your ass called to the mat for your bull****. Yes, you will post threads where you can call "Hypocrite", yet your own hypocritical statements you just pass over as if they do not matter. Because you are DISHONEST. Your game is to sound like you're above it all, you are not. You have your own damned biased POV just like anyone else, yet you make it out like YOU have some sort of superior stance because "I'm not owned by either side".

    You claim to be a conservative, yet you backed Bill White for Gov of Texas, Big Government BILL WHITE. You back PS Unions over the taxpayer, and rally to see Conservative initiatives shut down in favor.. da da dum BIG GOVERNMENT!

    You play a little game, and it's a cute one and for the weak minded out there, it's pretty snazzy. "Hey Dan's got integrity! Look at him he's on no side!" BULL****. One merely has to watch the hand that's doing the work not the one fluttering about to distract the audience.

    Tell me Dan, how can a Public Sector Union honestly bargain with "the Government"? Answer this, I wish to see your answer, prove to us all you are what you claim to be, and not the bull****ter I call you out as.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #18
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    "My solar company is better than your solar company." My choice would be maybe.
    Last edited by jambalaya; 11-21-11 at 09:36 AM.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: Fred Upton, GOP critic of Solyndra loan, sought funds for Mich. solar firm

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    ///

    Whatever Dan. You don't start threads about Obama's misdeeds, but you sure do start threads showing the GOP/conservatives in a bad light. Your game is as transparent as your politics, only fools think you're anything less then a screaming big government liberal.
    Do you ever start a thread on Republican misdeeds? No? I didn't think so. It's probably why you complain about people on your side who do.

    Somebody call that Vic kid a waambulance.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-22-11 at 05:45 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •