Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101

Thread: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

  1. #41
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    So you aren't interested in anything other than these people burning, eh? You don't care to find out any root causes for the issue or preventing them from happening again? Good to know.
    So stupid. Root causes? I can guarantee you one of those "root causes" is not because they weren't paid enough. I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by your off-the-cuff post.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #42
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    So you aren't interested in anything other than these people burning, eh? You don't care to find out any root causes for the issue or preventing them from happening again? Good to know.
    the root cause is lack of a conscience. they should be charged, at the very least, with VOLUNTARY manslaughter, and yes, they should burn.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #43
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Wow, I feel like I am repeating myself. I don't know anything about these three nurses and what happened to cause this and neither do you any of you. You are clearly mistaking excuses for causes. I can't state this any clearer for you.
    I know enough about human physiology to know that it takes more than a couple of weeks for a 14 year old to starve down to 28 pounds.

    the nurse was supposed to be there 6 days a week to provide support. either she wasn't there or she showed up and did nothing. for that there can be no excuse

    the supervisor was supposed to be there every 30 to 60 days. giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming a very heavy case load, even visiting once very 60 days she should have noticed something was amiss.

    the only one with even a glimmer of a "reason" for not doing anything is the 3rd person who was only supposed to visit every 6 months. it is theoritcally possible that she visited and everything was fine and then some time shortly after everything went to **** and they started starving this girl and the girl died within 6 months. but I doubt it, you don't go from providing good care to starving a child to death in that short a period of time.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #44
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    I don't even know why we have a justice system or even bother with investigations into things. You guys have read 3 paragraphs and already know enough about the case to send these people to jail for life, and most of you to Hell for eternity. That says a lot more about you than it does about me.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 11-18-11 at 12:47 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #45
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I know enough about human physiology to know that it takes more than a couple of weeks for a 14 year old to starve down to 28 pounds.

    the nurse was supposed to be there 6 days a week to provide support. either she wasn't there or she showed up and did nothing. for that there can be no excuse

    the supervisor was supposed to be there every 30 to 60 days. giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming a very heavy case load, even visiting once very 60 days she should have noticed something was amiss.

    the only one with even a glimmer of a "reason" for not doing anything is the 3rd person who was only supposed to visit every 6 months. it is theoritcally possible that she visited and everything was fine and then some time shortly after everything went to **** and they started starving this girl and the girl died within 6 months. but I doubt it, you don't go from providing good care to starving a child to death in that short a period of time.
    Again, but notice the words you are using: "either she was or she wasn't", "assuming", "should have", "supposed", "benefit of the doubt". Admittedly, you know very little about this case, so why are you just going to assume everyone involved is a "lazy dirt bag". Isn't that a depressing way to go through life?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    So stupid. Root causes? I can guarantee you one of those "root causes" is not because they weren't paid enough. I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by your off-the-cuff post.
    I am disgusted by your ability to hang someone you know nothing about. You read 3 ****ing paragraphs, MaggieD. Let's be honest here.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 11-18-11 at 12:57 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #46
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Again, but notice the words you are using: "either she was or she wasn't", "assuming", "should have", "supposed", "benefit of the doubt". Admittedly, you know very little about this case, so why are you just going to assume everyone involved is a "lazy dirt bag". Isn't that a depressing way to go through life?
    really stretching now. I said there were only two options:

    1. even though she was supposed to be there 6 days a week providing support, she wasn't (meaning she didn't even show up)

    2. she showed up as scheduled and did nothing to prevent this child from starving


    since you are oh so very smart, give me a 3rd option that would excuse this piece of filth's behavior
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #47
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    really stretching now. I said there were only two options:

    1. even though she was supposed to be there 6 days a week providing support, she wasn't (meaning she didn't even show up)

    2. she showed up as scheduled and did nothing to prevent this child from starving

    since you are oh so very smart, give me a 3rd option that would excuse this piece of filth's behavior
    I have no idea. That's not my job. I am just aware of something called the criminal justice system and I don't just listen to whatever Nancy Grace says on TV. You have not even heard a statement from any one of the four defense attorney's. You have no idea whether what the prosecutor said was true or not, and you have no idea what happened in general.

    Now, as for crazy hypotheticals, sure. We can do that. Let's say lady #4 had to take a pay cut recently through all of this state cuts, so she also had to take on a second job. Meanwhile, since states also cut employees, she had to take on four times the case loads. On the week she was supposed to go visit this teenager, her mother died and she went out of town. The case file slipped under the pile of 40 other kids she had to visit, and she never made it to her 6-month check in. But **** it, we don't need to know any of that. This lady is a dirt bag, lazy piece of **** who should go to jail forever and burn in Hell, at least according to you, MellieD, and a few others on here.

    It just cracks me up. You guys sit here and read a few sentences and all of the sudden you are all qualified to determine the fate of four other humans.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #48
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I have no idea.
    first sensible thing you've posted in this thread.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #49
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Now, as for crazy hypotheticals, sure. We can do that. Let's say lady #4 had to take a pay cut recently through all of this state cuts, so she also had to take on a second job. Meanwhile, since states also cut employees, she had to take on four times the case loads. On the week she was supposed to go visit this teenager, her mother died and she went out of town. The case file slipped under the pile of 40 other kids she had to visit, and she never made it to her 6-month check in. But **** it, we don't need to know any of that. This lady is a dirt bag, lazy piece of **** who should go to jail forever and burn in Hell, at least according to you, MellieD, and a few others on here.
    .
    apparently you don't read so good either. I never claimed lady #4 was a dirtbag. only the mother and the nurse who was supposed to be there 6 days a week

    FWIW, still waiting on that logical explanation that would excuse the mother and the nurse for letting this kid starve
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-18-11 at 01:10 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #50
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    apparently you don't read so good either. I never claimed lady #4 was a dirtbag. only the mother and the nurse who was supposed to be there 6 days a week
    Here are all the of the posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Read more: Ohio Mom Charged In Death Of 28-Pound Teen Daughter | Fox News
    (I've snipped this a bit.)

    Tell me there is a special place in hell reserved for these four women. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Tell me there is a special place in hell reserved for these four women. Please.
    I'd be satifsfied with a special place in prison
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The only possible debate could be a discussion about how 3 employees of the state of Ohio, specifically charged with protecting the welfare of this child, could have failed so negligently. It probably cost taxpayers $100,000 a year (WAG) to starve this poor girl to death.

    Proves to me that Ohio's entire child welfare system is broken. Three employees of the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    then maybe, instead of neglecting their duties and allowing this girl to be starved to death, they should've found another job
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    call it whatever you like, it is excusing/rationalizing their behavior.

    sorry that you can't see the giant gaping hole in your argument.

    FYI: the "reason" was that they just didn't care enough to do their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Don't you freakin' dare try to blame this on their salary and working conditions. Jesus freakin' Christ. Further, you have absolutely no idea how much a social worker and nurse working for the state of Ohio make. You're just playing the blame game. "Well, if we paid these people a decent wage, they they wouldn't starve people to death." Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    How does how much someone makes contribute to a person acting so irresponsibly as to watch a young woman starve to death? You say, "You look for a reason." Yes, one does.

    The reason all three of these women (social workers/nurse) let this poor girl starve to death is become they were lazy ****s who did the bare minimum they had to do to collect their checks. And not an ounce more. I hope they go to jail for negligent homicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    again, the "root cause" is that these people are dirtbags who are too lazy to do their job
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    The things needed to be done differently to protect and prevent have nothing to do with paying people more/less - but have to do with investigation, oversight and so forth. Just assuming someone is doing their job doesn't mean they are doing their job. Obviously not enough people are involved in the care of such individuals to allow something like this to have gone on for so long and have ended so tragically.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    So stupid. Root causes? I can guarantee you one of those "root causes" is not because they weren't paid enough. I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by your off-the-cuff post.
    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    the root cause is lack of a conscience. they should be charged, at the very least, with VOLUNTARY manslaughter, and yes, they should burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I know enough about human physiology to know that it takes more than a couple of weeks for a 14 year old to starve down to 28 pounds.

    the nurse was supposed to be there 6 days a week to provide support. either she wasn't there or she showed up and did nothing. for that there can be no excuse

    the supervisor was supposed to be there every 30 to 60 days. giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming a very heavy case load, even visiting once very 60 days she should have noticed something was amiss.

    the only one with even a glimmer of a "reason" for not doing anything is the 3rd person who was only supposed to visit every 6 months. it is theoritcally possible that she visited and everything was fine and then some time shortly after everything went to **** and they started starving this girl and the girl died within 6 months. but I doubt it, you don't go from providing good care to starving a child to death in that short a period of time.
    Not by your posts and the posts of others. Please highlight to me the areas where you and others made it clear that you did not already prejudge all 4 of these women? I don't think MaggieD would even bother saying she didn't, since she said it explicitly a few times (along with a couple of others). In fact, you even quoted her post (the second post in the entire thread) and said you agreed that all 4 should be in jail.

    So, again, you guys literally know nothing about any of these women and you've already sentenced them to jail, and, a couple of you, to Hell. That's pretty awesome. Admittedly, for the mother and the daily nurse, things aren't looking so good.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 11-18-11 at 01:17 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •