Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101

Thread: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

  1. #21
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,119
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    who did? and it's loony, not looney!
    Ahhh... The spelling police... How comforting to know you're on the anal-retentive patrol.

    And p.s. you might try looking at the post I quoted when I made that comment... I know, I know.. I'm the common sense police. Guilty as charged.
    Last edited by Grim17; 11-18-11 at 12:05 PM.

  2. #22
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i agree with you, except the part about being too dumb to do anything else.
    running joke at the business school of my college. the smart people went into economics. those who couldn't hack economics changed their majors to accounting. those who couldn't hack accounting changed their majors to marketing. those who couldn't hack marketing changed their majors to fashion merchandising or social work.

    my niece was an honors student who chose social work.
    yeah but would she have been an honors student if she had chosen something other than social work? (for the record j/k. I am sure your niece is a very bright young lady )
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #23
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    , but it is only logical (and proven) that unhappy, under-appreciated, and underpaid workers do not perform as well as those who are compensated appropriately in those areas.
    then maybe, instead of neglecting their duties and allowing this girl to be starved to death, they should've found another job
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #24
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You people never cease to amaze me. By your logic, there should be no social workers because everyone should aspire to make more money and have less stressful jobs (you know, unless they are dumb). And again, I never said it is a valid excuse to not do your job, but it is only logical (and proven) that unhappy, under-appreciated, and underpaid workers do not perform as well as those who are compensated appropriately in those areas.

    1

    2

    3

    They must all be idiots though.
    You don't let other people fade away and die because you aren't paid enough.

    I don't think adequate compensation is the issue, here - look at Jackson's DR getting paid in the 100'000's every year . . . that didn't stop him from being vain and incompetent.

    If you paid incompetent people more money they'll just be incompetent people who earn more - it won't change who they are and their failures in life.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #25
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    You don't let other people fade away and die because you aren't paid enough.

    I don't think adequate compensation is the issue, here - look at Jackson's DR getting paid in the 100'000's every year . . . that didn't stop him from being vain and incompetent.

    If you paid incompetent people more money they'll just be incompetent people who earn more - it won't change who they are and their failures in life.
    maybe I am jaded and cynical from my experience as a foster parent dealing with social services but I got the distinct impression that the field of social work does NOT attract the best and the brightest.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #26
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I accept your challenge.

    How did the free market fail to prevent this from happening?

    This is very tragic.
    Damn you. I was going to say, "I will treat my kids like this fine upstanding citizen."
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  7. #27
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    I am not excusing their actions, but you could probably look towards their salary and work conditions. Try being a social worker for a few months and you'll see what I mean.
    You say your not making excuses then you go on to make excuses. Regardless of a persons salary or work conditions it doesn't excuse starving a person with cerebral palsy. 28 pounds. That is not an accidental starvation. You cannot excuse the nurse starving this poor girl because the nurse wasn't getting paid enough. This is personal accountability. Why does everyone who does anything need an excuse.

  8. #28
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You say your not making excuses then you go on to make excuses. Regardless of a persons salary or work conditions it doesn't excuse starving a person with cerebral palsy. 28 pounds. That is not an accidental starvation. You cannot excuse the nurse starving this poor girl because the nurse wasn't getting paid enough. This is personal accountability. Why does everyone who does anything need an excuse.
    when i was a young hippie, we used to hang out in manitou springs. i miss those days!

    i agree with your post 100%.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #29
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    You don't let other people fade away and die because you aren't paid enough.

    I don't think adequate compensation is the issue, here - look at Jackson's DR getting paid in the 100'000's every year . . . that didn't stop him from being vain and incompetent.

    If you paid incompetent people more money they'll just be incompetent people who earn more - it won't change who they are and their failures in life.
    What part of "this does not excuse their actions" did you not understand? People want to know how these things can happen, and I was just providing what I thought to be a valid answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    then maybe, instead of neglecting their duties and allowing this girl to be starved to death, they should've found another job
    You'll never see the giant gaping hole in your argument will you?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #30
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You say your not making excuses then you go on to make excuses. Regardless of a persons salary or work conditions it doesn't excuse starving a person with cerebral palsy. 28 pounds. That is not an accidental starvation. You cannot excuse the nurse starving this poor girl because the nurse wasn't getting paid enough. This is personal accountability. Why does everyone who does anything need an excuse.
    Holy ****. It isn't an excuse for their actions, it's one contributing factor as to why he/she could have acted so irresponsibly. How many times can I clarify that it does not excuse his/her actions? If a plane crashes, you look for a reason. It doesn't excuse the crash, but want to know why, right?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •