Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101

Thread: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

  1. #91
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    "you" in general, not You specifically. but you do seem to be arguing the side of those who actually did excuse them.


    again, none of the 4 involved were entry level, brand news employees. they were not making $24K

    and also, If I can find salary figures with a 2 second google search, surely someone looking into social work as a career could do the same.

    bottom line, "you" cannot use the alleged "low" pay for social workers to use this lack of responsibilty
    Do you not think a starting salary of 24k would be a barrier for people considering becoming a social worker? People with at least a bachelor degree?

    24k is darn near burger flipping money. You're not going to attract the best and brightest with a salary of 24k. You'll attract the "I don't really care", people.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #92
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Do you not think a starting salary of 24k would be a barrier for people considering becoming a social worker? People with at least a bachelor degree?
    depends on where they live.


    24k is darn near burger flipping money.
    not really. burger flipping money is ~$15K

    You're not going to attract the best and brightest with a salary of 24k. You'll attract the "I don't really care", people.
    no offense to any on this forum, but you aren't going to attract the best and brightest to social work, no matter what it pays
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #93
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    That made me sick to my stomach. 28 lbs - my 5 year old weighs more than that. I'm nauseated. Wow. And people claim our government sticks its nose in our business too damn much but yet tragedies like this still happen.
    My 2 1/2 and 4 year old weigh more than that. One is 30 lbs, the other 35 lbs.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #94
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    In Tennessee an introductory level CPS caseworker is paid $25,716.00 - $41,148.00 annually depending on education and experience. The job requires a bachelor level degree in a related field and 3 years of experience in a related field at minimum.

    An entry level Food Stamp/Medicaid intake worker is paid $24,672.00 - $39,492.00 annually. that requires a bachelor degree in any field.

    An entry level secretary is paid $22,704.00 - $36,348.00 annually. That requires a high school diploma and one year of experience.

    Obviously, no one goes into protective services for the money. The job is very stressful and requires long hours that are often outside of the normal work day. The job is somewhat dangerous (people attack you when you take their kids away). It also requires a pretty substantial knowledge of laws and judicial procedures.

  5. #95
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    "you" in general, not You specifically. but you do seem to be arguing the side of those who actually did excuse them.
    I assume you are referring to me (as are others). Can you please point to where I excused anyone? I think people are innocent until proven guilty and I think it's good to know where things go wrong.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #96
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I assume you are referring to me (as are others). Can you please point to where I excused anyone? I think people are innocent until proven guilty and I think it's good to know where things go wrong.
    yeah... "wah, wah, wah, they don't make enough money so it's understandable that they do a ****ty job" really helps understand what went wrong here
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #97
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah... "wah, wah, wah, they don't make enough money so it's understandable that they do a ****ty job" really helps understand what went wrong here
    Can I take that as, "No sir, I cannot find where you said that, as I was just being a troll and making up nonsense as I do on every other thread"? Thanks, Oscar.

    *Edit: How it is that you think setting up straw men is some sort of impressive act is beyond me.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 11-28-11 at 03:02 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #98
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Can I take that as, "No sir, I cannot find where you said that, as I was just being a troll and making up nonsense as I do on every other thread"? Thanks, Oscar.

    *Edit: How it is that you think setting up straw men is some sort of impressive act is beyond me.
    did you, or did you not claim that it was understandable that people making low wages would not be as diligent about doing their job as those who made more $$$?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #99
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    did you, or did you not claim that it was understandable that people making low wages would not be as diligent about doing their job as those who made more $$$?
    Understandable or a known fact? As wages decline, workers are less happy and less reliable. It's a fact. Does that offend you?

    Now where exactly did I say that negligence was ok or did not deserve punishment?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #100
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Ohio Mom Charged in Death of 28-Pound Teen Daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Understandable or a known fact? As wages decline, workers are less happy and less reliable. It's a fact. Does that offend you?

    Now where exactly did I say that negligence was ok or did not deserve punishment?
    where did I say that you did?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •