Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 248

Thread: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I typically find that less educated people tend to be less knowledgable on politics and political decisions. These are people, apaprently, that didn't have the time,ability or desire to educate themselves and improve their lot in life. I doubt that many of them have the time, ability or desire to educate themselves on the effects of political decisions.
    Meh, not necessarily. They may be less educated on politics in general, but a lot of them are educated on the subjects that are important to them. Also, Walker has been on the news a lot, so it doesn't take much to be educated about him.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Meh, not necessarily. They may be less educated on politics in general, but a lot of them are educated on the subjects that are important to them. Also, Walker has been on the news a lot, so it doesn't take much to be educated about him.
    A lot of the benefits of the law have not been reported with the same zeal that the protester's complaints were covered. Since they really weren't covered too much, you really do need to do a lot more research then "just watching the local news".

    However, and to be fair, there has been a lot of talk in the WI media (starting just yesterday) about all of the districts lowering their tax rates - the first time in 6 years - directly because of Walker and Act 10.
    Last edited by buck; 11-17-11 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #33
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm not sure what you were reading, but the link I posted clearly states that Walker would not ask his staffers to give up their pensions while still collecting paychecks from the state:




    Yes, he does offer a justification, but can you not see that exception swallowing the rule in the blink of an eye? If they change the law to prevent double dipping, but make an exception for people hire into a different position, you will very quickly see former "teachers" being hired back as "class room administraters" or some such bullsh*t. And what is the reason for the exception? If you work for the state you work for the state and you should not be pulling a pension.
    What don't you get? Are you so determined to prove some warfare point against Walker that logic fails? He is not excepting his own employees from any reform legislation as you stated. He says he's not going to ask the ones currently receiving them to give them up. And he's not going to ask anyone else currently receiving them to give them up either. He's trying to, pay attention now, reform the system. For Christ sake....here I thought there was hope.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #34
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What don't you get? Are you so determined to prove some warfare point against Walker that logic fails? He is not excepting his own employees from any reform legislation as you stated. He says he's not going to ask the ones currently receiving them to give them up. And he's not going to ask anyone else currently receiving them to give them up either. He's trying to, pay attention now, reform the system. For Christ sake....here I thought there was hope.
    Try to pay attention, now. First, I never said that Walker was trying to exclude his staffers from the legislation, as you claim. That would make no sense because Walker hasn't proposed the legislation, as you also mistakenly assert. It's being proposed by a legislator. What Walker said, through his spokesman, is that he didnt' think that his staffers should have to give up their pensions because they were doing different jobs. Hope that finally clears it up for you.

  5. #35
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Yes, even a quarter of Wisconsin Republicans are sick of his ass. You didn't think that people, even Republicans, could be tricked into voting against their own interests forever, did you?

    I have previously predicted that, although the Senate is going to flip, Walker will survive the recall. I still stick with this prediction, but admittedly, I am out on a limb now, and I am not sure that this will be the result. Governor Walker is extremely vulnerable now. He has sown a lot of douchebaggery, so it is reasonable to expect him to reap a lot of disgust.

    Article is here.
    I say good riddance to this neo-fascist asshat.

    Unions are the foundation of economic democracy and the mother of the middle class.

    We are regressing as a nation. First, the neo-fascists repeal Glass-Steagall and in less than ten years the pigs on Wall Street manage to drag the economy all the way back to 1932. Now, the neo-fascists want to bust up the unions. Next, they'll want to repeal the 13th Amendment.

    This shate's gotta go.

    Give Walker his walking papers.

  6. #36
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the mutt gets recalled....wait and see

  7. #37
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Try to pay attention, now. First, I never said that Walker was trying to exclude his staffers from the legislation, as you claim. That would make no sense because Walker hasn't proposed the legislation, as you also mistakenly assert. It's being proposed by a legislator. What Walker said, through his spokesman, is that he didnt' think that his staffers should have to give up their pensions because they were doing different jobs. Hope that finally clears it up for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'll also point out that Walker would exempt his own staffers who are drawing state pensions.
    Please show me where he said he didn't think his staffers should have to give up their pensions because they were doing different jobs. You know, a quote....with a link. I'll wait. 'Til hell freezes over. It ain't there.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    All I can say is, Walker for president!

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,689

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Walker is toast.... badly burned toast that needs to be placed right in the trash with the other garbage.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #40
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: New poll shows majority support Walker recall

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Please show me where he said he didn't think his staffers should have to give up their pensions because they were doing different jobs. You know, a quote....with a link. I'll wait. 'Til hell freezes over. It ain't there.
    I already quoted it once. If you couldn't translate it from the English the first time I don't see how requoting it will help.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •