Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Of all the places to be Gestapo DC is that place. It should, in fact, be the most secure area in this nation.
    The White House is. The rest of the city is far from it. Too many Libbos live in D.C. for that happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The White House is. The rest of the city is far from it. Too many Libbos live in D.C. for that happen.
    Actually, the rest of the city isn't too bad. It is Southeastern DC that you want to avoid.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  3. #33
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The White House is. The rest of the city is far from it. Too many Libbos live in D.C. for that happen.
    the President is not safe if he can be shot at in his own damn backyard.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #34
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Of all the places to be Gestapo DC is that place. It should, in fact, be the most secure area in this nation.
    Ever been to DC? Or the DC area? Parts of it are wonderful. Parts...the cops wont go to at night. Hell...their mayor was a crack fiend...

  5. #35
    Professor
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,451

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    the President is not safe if he can be shot at in his own damn backyard.
    The President wasn't there, which drastically changes security measures. Of course, the SS wouldn't be able to tell ppl what their measures are, but they are insanely careful. He is likely the safest man on the planet. A small army follows him, a huge group of organizers lead him everywhere ensuring some extreme safety measures, and let's not forget how many people would jump in front of the bullet.

    We spend a fortune, rightfully so, protecting anyone who does or ever did wear the title of POTUS. A gun being fired randomly when he's not home and hitting a secure window doesn't bother me so much, tbh.

  6. #36
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ever been to DC? Or the DC area? Parts of it are wonderful. Parts...the cops wont go to at night. Hell...their mayor was a crack fiend...
    Yes - I've been to DC and lived near there.

    Don't you think that having such a dangerous local populous and lack attitude towards improving the quality of it's surroundings is a concern?

    It's a concern when ti becomes blazingly obvious that someone could have just taken out the President from blocks down the street - especially since they shut down access to areas of the Mall after 9/11 happened.

    Meanwhile: 50 people right now just had their asses felt up at the airport.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #37
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Yes - I've been to DC and lived near there.

    Don't you think that having such a dangerous local populous and lack attitude towards improving the quality of it's surroundings is a concern?

    It's a concern when ti becomes blazingly obvious that someone could have just taken out the President from blocks down the street - especially since they shut down access to areas of the Mall after 9/11 happened.

    Meanwhile: 50 people right now just had their asses felt up at the airport.
    I think that the President's security is as good as it can be without turning the city into an armed camp. I worked blocks from the WH for many years, and believe me, whenever the President or any high ranking official moves, it is locked down tight.

  8. #38
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I think that the President's security is as good as it can be without turning the city into an armed camp. I worked blocks from the WH for many years, and believe me, whenever the President or any high ranking official moves, it is locked down tight.
    Ok - that's a decent point. He wasn't there so his entourage was gone with him.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #39
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,309

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    He was on a mission from God.

    White House Shooting: Ortega-Hernandez Was On A 'Mission From God' Authorities Say

    r-OSCAR-RAMIRO-ORTEGA-HERNANDEZ-large570.jpg

    WASHINGTON — A man clad in black who was obsessed with President Barack Obama pulled his car within view of the White House at night and fired shots from an assault rifle, cracking a window of the first family's living quarters while the president was away, authorities said about their still-developing investigation.
    White House Shooting: Ortega-Hernandez Was On A 'Mission From God' Authorities Say



    Yeah, that 2nd bullet made me wonder... Wonder how many years for this stupid stunt?

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Bullet Hit White House Window, Secret Service Confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Actually, the rest of the city isn't too bad. It is Southeastern DC that you want to avoid.
    SE DC would qualify as the, "rest of the city", outside the White House. Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •