Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clearing protest

  1. #21
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clearing protest

    I would laugh my ass off in permits were giving to some other group to protest in that park and those protesters bogarted that space for as long as they liked.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #22
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clearing protest

    Me and a buddy are going there at 3pm, today.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clearing protest

    Moderator's Warning:
    Occupy Wall Street: New York police clearing protestMerged threads.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #24
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clear Zuccotti Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I live in the world of fact and measurement. If you cannot produce measurement to back your claim, you have opinion. And your opinion on this matter is already highly suspect given an inability to divorce political opinion and bias from observation.
    Much has already been posted about this behavior of these idiots. If you can't follow various reports then fact and measurement is NOT the world you live in, rather a sound byte you invented to reject that in which you disagree.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #25
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clear Zuccotti Park

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Much has already been posted about this behavior of these idiots. If you can't follow various reports then fact and measurement is NOT the world you live in, rather a sound byte you invented to reject that in which you disagree.

    j-mac
    Not much has been covered. Plenty of people have chimed in with opinion, which is fine; but data it is not. Isolated incidents do not make for aggregated behavior either. In the end, I think some of you decided right from go what sort of people were at OWS and have been on a crusade to dismiss it ever since. Your own rhetoric points to this. So it seems like insult and dismissal are all you're left with here. K, noted.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #26
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clear Zuccotti Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not much has been covered. Plenty of people have chimed in with opinion, which is fine; but data it is not. Isolated incidents do not make for aggregated behavior either. In the end, I think some of you decided right from go what sort of people were at OWS and have been on a crusade to dismiss it ever since. Your own rhetoric points to this. So it seems like insult and dismissal are all you're left with here. K, noted.

    Nonsense. Like I said much has been posted already. I suggest you take the time to refresh yourself. You seem computer savvy, I am confident you can find the reports should you want to.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clear Zuccotti Park

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nonsense. Like I said much has been posted already. I suggest you take the time to refresh yourself. You seem computer savvy, I am confident you can find the reports should you want to.

    j-mac
    So you're not going to back up what you claim, but rather demand that I be the one to do the research. K, noted.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clear Zuccotti Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So you're not going to back up what you claim, but rather demand that I be the one to do the research. K, noted.
    Anything I post has, now pay attention here, BEEN POSTED ALREADY.....Goose chases are not my thing, and are usually a tactic from those losing the debate....K? Note that.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #29
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clear Zuccotti Park

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Anything I post has, now pay attention here, BEEN POSTED ALREADY.....Goose chases are not my thing, and are usually a tactic from those losing the debate....K? Note that.

    j-mac
    I do note it. You refuse to back your claims with any measurement, instead claim that I should have read the multitude of other threads and waded through retarded number of pages looking for your phantom evidence. But you made the claim, and as such my original comment stands till such time as YOU produce evidence. Note that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #30
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Occupy Wall Street: New York police clear Zuccotti Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I do note it. You refuse to back your claims with any measurement, instead claim that I should have read the multitude of other threads and waded through retarded number of pages looking for your phantom evidence. But you made the claim, and as such my original comment stands till such time as YOU produce evidence. Note that.

    You are posting on the other thread that is similar, where evidence is posted. for you to say what you did here is dishonest.....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •