Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 251

Thread: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

  1. #121
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I beg to differ. shoving bamboo slivers under someone's fingernails is torture. connecting a field generator to someone's genitals is torture. shoving a glass rod up someone's penis and hitting it with a hammer is torture. shoving boiling turkey eggs up someone's ass is torture. cutting someone with a razor and then pouring salt water or alcohol into the wounds is torture.

    If you are a POS scumbag who has been caught trying to kill or harm me, my friends, my family, or my country...then you deserve whatever "torture" you get.

    tying someone up and pouring water over their face, though uncomfortable (I know, been there done that), is NOT torture. just like putting a pair of panties over a guy's head is not torture.
    Well I am sorry that the UN and the US disagree with you.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #122
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Ive stayed out of this because this topic frustrates me....and I dont want to debate it anymore...Im done debated out on this topic from months ago when it was on the front burner of every Political site...but im just going to add my worthless 2cts..

    Ok Waterboarding is Torture...SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you want me to feel bad for terrorists or muslims that have information that could save american civilians lives and our troops...PFFfffffffffffffffffffffft to that......torture is pulling out someones fingernails...tieing them and hanging them upside down, hosing them down and electro shocking them....torture is not allowing to sleep, torture is starving them with the intent of breaking them down mentally and phsycially...beating them daily over and over...putting them in seclusion in total darkness.....and on and on and on and on......waterboarding is torture pffffffffffft....not to me

  3. #123
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Ive stayed out of this because this topic frustrates me....and I dont want to debate it anymore...Im done debated out on this topic from months ago when it was on the front burner of every Political site...but im just going to add my worthless 2cts..

    Ok Waterboarding is Torture...SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you want me to feel bad for terrorists or muslims that have information that could save american civilians lives and our troops...PFFfffffffffffffffffffffft to that......torture is pulling out someones fingernails...tieing them and hanging them upside down, hosing them down and electro shocking them....torture is not allowing to sleep, torture is starving them with the intent of breaking them down mentally and phsycially...beating them daily over and over...putting them in seclusion in total darkness.....and on and on and on and on......waterboarding is torture pffffffffffft....not to me
    First, no one is feeling sorry for terrorist. I feel sorry for that innocent tax cab driver who was killed, or that fellow from Canada who had the misfortune to have the wrong last name. Rule of law protects the innocent. That is what makes it important.

    Second, waterboarding is clearly torture. You not thinking it is largely means you don't really understand what it is.

    Now, I understand someone not wanting to enter into the debate. It is an old one and I doubt many will change their minds, sadly. But when you do enter into it, expect a response.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I beg to differ. shoving bamboo slivers under someone's fingernails is torture. connecting a field generator to someone's genitals is torture. shoving a glass rod up someone's penis and hitting it with a hammer is torture. shoving boiling turkey eggs up someone's ass is torture. cutting someone with a razor and then pouring salt water or alcohol into the wounds is torture.

    tying someone up and pouring water over their face, though uncomfortable (I know, been there done that), is NOT torture. just like putting a pair of panties over a guy's head is not torture.
    You have not been through what those being tortured with have. Those who run SERE program, which I assume you speak of, state clearly that they are not doing the same thing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #125
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Second, waterboarding is clearly torture. .
    if waterboarding is clearly torture, then practically every action taken against any criminal anywhere could be considered to be "torture".

    that's the problem. the hand-wringing, bed-wetting crowd has dumbed down the definition of "torture" to such a degree that almost anything qualifies.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #126
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You have not been through what those being tortured with have. Those who run SERE program, which I assume you speak of, state clearly that they are not doing the same thing.
    you have no idea what I have or have not been through.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    if waterboarding is clearly torture, then practically every action taken against any criminal anywhere could be considered to be "torture".

    that's the problem. the hand-wringing, bed-wetting crowd has dumbed down the definition of "torture" to such a degree that almost anything qualifies.
    Nonsense. We have clearly defined waterbarding as torture in the past, and actually do so now. And we still do legal and just things to crimnals. You're merely ignoring the debate and trying to wein with nonsensical declarations.

    The ad hominem isn't much better either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you have no idea what I have or have not been through.
    True, which is why I tried to clarify. Feel free to clarify as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #129
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    First, no one is feeling sorry for terrorist. I feel sorry for that innocent tax cab driver who was killed, or that fellow from Canada who had the misfortune to have the wrong last name. Rule of law protects the innocent. That is what makes it important.

    Second, waterboarding is clearly torture. You not thinking it is largely means you don't really understand what it is.



    Now, I understand someone not wanting to enter into the debate. It is an old one and I doubt many will change their minds, sadly. But when you do enter into it, expect a response.

    Boo...I respect your opinion and most times we agree...but to me torture has to cause harm...waterboarding causes discomfort and it ends precisely when the water is turned off and does no physical harm....I disagree that its torture in the true sense of the word..
    Alot of how I feel and what I believe about it has to do with knowing everyone else would torture our people...and its even legal in most of the world...we need to start putting our people and our troops ahead of others....LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES....if they didnt attack us, if they werent carrying out a campaign to this day to kill our troops and attack our homeland...waterboarding wouldnt even be an issue

  10. #130
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,941
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 'Waterboarding is torture,' says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I beg to differ. shoving bamboo slivers under someone's fingernails is torture. connecting a field generator to someone's genitals is torture. shoving a glass rod up someone's penis and hitting it with a hammer is torture. shoving boiling turkey eggs up someone's ass is torture. cutting someone with a razor and then pouring salt water or alcohol into the wounds is torture.
    Oddly enough the Bush Admin's legal team disagreed with you. They said that those things did not rise to the level of torture. That's the same opinion they used to justify waterboarding.
    I may be wrong.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •