Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 157

Thread: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

  1. #141
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you can't...As I thought the 'out of context' meme is Bull Shat!

    j-mac
    Adams post #128

    <That's a typical rightwing argument: you take a poorly phrased statement completely out of context and then try to use it as a foundation for your entire argument.
    If you look at the actual context of the statement it couldn't be more ironic. She was addressing the National Association of Counties -- not Congress. And the full sentence was, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it away from the fog of the controversy." In other words, what she was saying is that you guys will really like this bill once you see what it does for you and all of the partisan bull**** that's been spewed about it fades into the background.

    What she clearly was not doing was telling Congress that they should pass the bill without knowing what was in it.

    But that is exactly what Fox/Rush/Hannity et al have endlessly drilled into your head, so it's what you believe. >


    The part of post #128 that you quoted.


    Originally Posted by AdamT

    <That's a typical rightwing argument: you take a poorly phrased statement completely out of context and then try to use it as a foundation for your entire argument. >

    You quote one ****en paragraph


    Note the bolded part? Seems to me anyone with a couple of brain cells coulda figured that one out.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #142
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your memory is short Joe...




    j-mac
    J, this doesn't match your claim.

    BTW, how accurate is the Washington Examiner? I'm unfamilar with them. Have anything more recognizable? Smoehting not an editorial?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #143
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, this doesn't match your claim.

    BTW, how accurate is the Washington Examiner? I'm unfamilar with them. Have anything more recognizable? Smoehting not an editorial?
    The point is that the HC bill was fluid until the night it was rammed through. Things were being changed daily. To the point that CBO couldn't accurately score the thing, and congress couldn't read it prior to the vote...Remember this?



    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #144
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    J, he wasn't going to read it before. Republicans made clear, there was nothing they would sign onto except complete surrender. This went on for a long time. All over the summer. Hell, the issue is years old. The only thing new was Obama going so far as to adopt republicna ideas in an effort to try and coax them into particiaption. They said no way.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #145
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, he wasn't going to read it before. Republicans made clear, there was nothing they would sign onto except complete surrender. This went on for a long time. All over the summer. Hell, the issue is years old. The only thing new was Obama going so far as to adopt republicna ideas in an effort to try and coax them into particiaption. They said no way.
    Republicans said no because they were locked out of the crafting of the bill.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Republicans said no because they were locked out of the crafting of the bill.

    j-mac
    J, that wasn't until later, after they had already shown they would not help. There is no reasonable way you can argue that republicans wanted to be part of this. From the misinformation they put out to the oppose anythign Obama mentality, from the begining, they refuse to participate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #147
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, that wasn't until later, after they had already shown they would not help. There is no reasonable way you can argue that republicans wanted to be part of this. From the misinformation they put out to the oppose anythign Obama mentality, from the begining, they refuse to participate.

    If by "help" and "participate" you mean sheepishly agree to anything that Obama and demo's want then yes, you're right they didn't help. But see this is the problem of the liberal mindset. Negotiation means agree with you. In the real world that is false.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #148
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If by "help" and "participate" you mean sheepishly agree to anything that Obama and demo's want then yes, you're right they didn't help. But see this is the problem of the liberal mindset. Negotiation means agree with you. In the real world that is false.

    j-mac
    No, I mean don't say oppose anything from Obama is our strategy. I mean stop with the misinformation. I mean actually make real suggestions and try to be a part of it. Don't you remember when this was pointed out to you at the time?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #149
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I mean don't say oppose anything from Obama is our strategy. I mean stop with the misinformation. I mean actually make real suggestions and try to be a part of it. Don't you remember when this was pointed out to you at the time?
    Yep, it was a lie then, as it is now...Thanks for playin.....night Joe.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #150
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Obama Health Care Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, it was a lie then, as it is now...Thanks for playin.....night Joe.
    I know that's what you tell yourself j. But, links were given, it was well documented. Time doesn't change that.

    But, good night, sleep well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •